Delon Wright Is the Best Prospect You've Nevever Heard Of

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

tayottt
Junior
And1: 275

Re: Delon Wright Is the Best Prospect You've Nevever Heard O 

Post#21 » by tayottt » Sat Mar 1, 2014 3:02 am

It's pretty refreshing to see that there is a place on the internet where Delon Wright is being discussed. I like to periodically check on the advanced stats of college basketball players to keep informed for the draft and Delon has been a player that has consistently stuck out statistically. His numbers look a bit like Dwyane Wade's at Marquette but I wouldn't go so far as to make the full comp. I'm really curious to see where he lands in the Draft. He isn't listed on Chad Ford's draft board or the Draft Express mock draft and I've been wondering why. I can't even find much footage of him on Youtube. I'm secretly hoping that Delon Wright could be a late draft steal for a team in need of a guard that can do-it-all (Knicks). I'm also pretty fascinated by Kyle Anderson, who has some interesting stats as well.
Ruckusmh
Junior
And1: 189

Post#22 » by Ruckusmh » Sat Mar 1, 2014 9:22 pm

Wright once again with a monster statline. For a team in need of a guard, I would absolutely take him over Kyle Anderson. Much better defender and although KA is a talented player there is no way he projects as a guard in the NBA.

Delon is a guy who much like KA is often unimpressive watching him - he looks slow, but after a while you are kind of forced to grudgingly admit that his speed works for him.

I'm very curious if he goes what his wingspan will be, but I would not be shocked if it was 6'10 or awfully close to it. His hands legitimately are barely short of his knees.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#23 » by bigboi » Sun Mar 2, 2014 1:37 am

Haven't watched this guy, but what makes him better than Deandre Kane?
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#24 » by ManualRam » Sun Mar 2, 2014 2:18 am

Ruckusmh wrote:Wright once again with a monster statline. For a team in need of a guard, I would absolutely take him over Kyle Anderson. Much better defender and although KA is a talented player there is no way he projects as a guard in the NBA.

Delon is a guy who much like KA is often unimpressive watching him - he looks slow, but after a while you are kind of forced to grudgingly admit that his speed works for him.

I'm very curious if he goes what his wingspan will be, but I would not be shocked if it was 6'10 or awfully close to it. His hands legitimately are barely short of his knees.

he's not slow in the least. he plays with pace and sets up his defender with change of speed and direction. he's not speed/quickness dependent which is a more mature approach. players who play with pace can better react to the defense, whether it be seeing the passing angle, setting up picks, change direction on a dime, quickly get into a shot motion, etc. if you wanna get a true idea of his quickness all you have to do is watch how quickly he shoots gaps on defense and splitting defenders with the ball in his hands. he's knife-like.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#25 » by ManualRam » Sun Mar 2, 2014 2:20 am

bigboi wrote:Haven't watched this guy, but what makes him better than Deandre Kane?

better handle, more creative, faster, better athlete, not reliant on bully ball.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#26 » by cedric76 » Sun Mar 2, 2014 5:27 pm

Seems like on of the Best pg in this draft
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#27 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Wright had an off game vs. Arizona in the Conference tourney. Still, I'm thinking he declares.
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#28 » by Talent Chaser » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Wright struggled vs SDSU. Their length and athleticism bothered him big time. Goodman with an interesting point:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/535082734096359424[/tweet]
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#29 » by noobcake » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Wright hurt himself not declaring imo.

But I think his skill set and basketball maturity is still there. His floor is probably a high second rounder and will probably have a long NBA career playing backup PG.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#30 » by EMG518 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 pm

noobcake wrote:Wright hurt himself not declaring imo.

But I think his skill set and basketball maturity is still there. His floor is probably a high second rounder and will probably have a long NBA career playing backup PG.

If he felt he was a lock for the first round I think he would have declared. I dont think he was, more likely would have gone in the 2nd imo.

Return to NBA Draft