Jusuf Nurkic is the 7th best prospect in this class

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Re: Jusuf Nurkic is the 7th best prospect in this class 

Post#21 » by Apollo64 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 am

One thing about Nurkic is that he is ridiculously physical. I am not sure i've ever witnessed a big dude playing so unchained and out of control, i mean he wants to be everywhere, grab every rebound, steal every ball, block every shot, usually with hilarious consequences and bodies flying around. Think of Pekovic with Tyler Hansborough's spazziness. Obviously he can't keep doing this in the NBA, because he'd foul out within 10 minutes (he already doesn't play more than 20 mins in Cedevita as he is almost always in foul trouble). He will become a fan favourite for sure, but opposing players will HATE him and his bullyball style of playing.
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#22 » by pohani komarac » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:53 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CTum4evBMY[/youtube]
arambone
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#23 » by arambone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 am

i'd put him at 5 behind smart. He's like a bigger randle in some ways, and his physicality will allow him to live at the ft line, and his 71 percent from ft will likely only rise.

Such a bad ass. He'll make guys like brook lopez just want to shoot jumpers all day.

Just being a high motor hellraiser would be enough at his size, but this guy has the touch and potential to pull a decent shaq impression as a scorer.

He might not get up high on his block atttempts, but that's the least of your worries if you're driving into the lane, and not all fouls are unproductive. Intimidation doesn't just come from fear of getting blocked, and a little crazy at that size goes a long way.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#24 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:22 am

I think somebody is going to find a gem, with his new contract, he likely will slide a little bit, maybe even outside of the lottery, Mirotic did, Saric could end up in the same position.
I will slot them at the 15-25 range right now, but I believe they are both top15 prospects.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#25 » by boogie-reke » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 pm

So did he declare? What's going on with him?

Extremely intriguing prospect, really does remind of DeMarcus Cousins on so many aspects of their game good and bad.

I mean I saw a few mocks, and I honestly don't understand how a prospect like him is an early 2nd rounder. A guy like him should be atleast late lottery for his potential and current skill set+size, if not higher.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#26 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:41 pm

boogie-reke wrote:So did he declare? What's going on with him?

I'm pretty sure he's in. Looking forward to see where he lands and when he comes over.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#27 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:24 pm

I'd take him in the top10 if he were coming right away next year.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#28 » by ManualRam » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 pm

any specifics on his contract?
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Post#29 » by darrendaye » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Fischella wrote:I'd take him in the top10 if he were coming right away next year.

You've been spot on. I didn't do much video review prior to a week ago. I saw when he hit DraftExpress mock and had some interest but the typical foreign big fear you have to factor.

But when I watched all of the available video content, I was really impressed with many of the skills described in this thread, the toughness, the quick hands and reactions, the quickness to trap in the PnR when dialed in. Loved watching the 2 replays of him making "dig" steals. His willingness to pass, though the cross court passes need to stop. Also love his pick setting, already shows great patience.

The funny thing is, I'm so Celtic board-centric, I never even wandered over here until now because the draft talk has hit a lull. Back on topic, agree with the draft order. Beyond Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, and Exum, it's Smart and Nurkic at the next two spots in some order. Nurkic has a longer way to go. As a Celtic fan, that might be a tough sell, though I'd applaud Ainge if he took him at 5 or 6. If you believe Smart is coachable, the shooting mechanics and fit issues can be smoothed over. They are probably the areas most easily improved if you put the effort in. Nurkic has several fundamental flaws which, particularly defensively, might keep him on the pine for much of the 1st season. That is, if you are a team looking to contend.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

Post#30 » by GopherIt! » Thu May 1, 2014 4:23 am

Fischella wrote:He is far more agile and faster than Pekovic, he is not as strong as Pekovic though.

True. A couple addt'l Pek facts:

When Pekovic crosses the steet the cars have to look both ways.

Death once had a near-Pekovic experience.

Pekovic doesn't play "hide-and-seek." He plays "hide-and-pray-I-don't-find you."
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#31 » by RSCD3_ » Thu May 1, 2014 1:37 pm

Fischella wrote:Nurkic reach is 9'2, which is perfectly fine, of course reach is a factor only if you are willing defender, Cousins has a 9'5 reach and is a terrible defender.
Nurkic will be fine, his jumping ability is never going to be great, but with USA trainers and conditioning, he will improve that, the fact that he has such nimble feet being that big, is the important thing, I'm more concerned with his attitude than with his physique as a defender.

If by terrible defender you mean positive impact defender I would agree
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#32 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu May 1, 2014 3:00 pm

Haven't heard or seen much from this guy, but he seems like an awesome prospect. What are the details of his contract in Europe and how does it complicate his NBA situation? If he were to get drafted now, when could he play in the NBA?
richn4
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#33 » by richn4 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:17 pm

last two games - 27 rebs 43 mins 10 offensive

preseason I know but the kid may be something?

Pelton liked him - #3 I believe
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#34 » by Marcus » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:51 pm

richn4 wrote:last two games - 27 rebs 43 mins 10 offensive

preseason I know but the kid may be something?

Pelton liked him - #3 I believe

has a chance to be an active big that bangs rotates well and can be effective in the PnR and PnP game. good passer as well. once he gets adjusted to the NBA game and learn how to defend without fouling at this level he's gonna be effective defensively as well due to his combination of size and quick feet.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#35 » by username_taken » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm really high on Nurkic as well, was really bummed when he was taken at #16, I wanted the Celtics to take a chance on him at #17.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#36 » by erudite23 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:29 am

Kind of reminds me of Pek a little bit, but more skilled and not quite as rugged. Like him a lot and I'm eager to see how he pans out versus the statistical models that had him pegged as an elite talent in the draft.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#37 » by youngthegiant » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 am

erudite23 wrote:Kind of reminds me of Pek a little bit, but more skilled and not quite as rugged. Like him a lot and I'm eager to see how he pans out versus the statistical models that had him pegged as an elite talent in the draft.

I don't really see the pek comparison besides his physicality. He is incredibly light on his feet and has great hands for a big. Pekovic is like a stiff brick wall, effective in his own way.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#38 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm

youngthegiant wrote:
erudite23 wrote:Kind of reminds me of Pek a little bit, but more skilled and not quite as rugged. Like him a lot and I'm eager to see how he pans out versus the statistical models that had him pegged as an elite talent in the draft.

I don't really see the pek comparison besides his physicality. He is incredibly light on his feet and has great hands for a big. Pekovic is like a stiff brick wall, effective in his own way.

Pek has great hands and is light on his feet. He runs the floor incredibly for a guy his size. I definitely see the resemblance between the two.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#39 » by EMG518 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:44 pm

He is the best big in Denver right now, definitely was worth a top pick.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#40 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:52 am

We got him at 16, steal of the draft IMO. Quick feet, great instincts on the defensive side....and loving it!!!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to NBA Draft