Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Kyle Anderson 

Post#41 » by LloydFree » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:09 am

EvanZ wrote:
Jazzfan12 wrote:I think Anderson is going to be really good. I just disagree with the point that teams care too much about lacking athleticism most of the time.

Whatever the case, if Anderson drops below the lottery because of a perceived lack of athleticism it will be an all-time blunder.

Kyle Anderson is good enough be a top 10 pick, but he could slide a little. Many of the teams in the top 10 are going to take the bigger names first. One problem Kyle Anderson may have is that teams will have to project a position for him. If he keeps playing the way he has been, Sacramento is a team that he could play Point Forward. Kyle Anderson reminds me of Jalen Rose offensively coming out of college. And with Chris Mullen a former teammate of Rose, being in the front office, I could envision them grabbing him in the top 10.

But you are right, it will be a blunder if Kyle Anderson drops outside of the lottery. There arent 10 U.S. college prospects better than Anderson.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#42 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 am

I think he will never be an All Star but he can have a fantastic career alla Diaw/Turkoglu/Odom/Rose he has things of all of them, and that kind of player is definetely lottery worthy.
RookieJazz
Junior
And1: 42

Post#43 » by RookieJazz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:27 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Hedo Turkgulo

+1
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#44 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:08 pm

love Kyle's game and his total skillset, not overly concerned with his pace of play because he doesn't really let the ball stick nor will he be able to do that at the next level. i do think it will take the right system and some freedom to fully showcase everything he can do though.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Capital Offense
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#45 » by Capital Offense » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 pm

As a UCLA fan who has watched nearly every game this year, I have a few thoughts about Kyle "SlowMo" Anderson.
1. He is the best player on the court in almost every game he plays in.
2. His rebounding numbers are slightly inflated because all the UCLA bigs are soft.
3. He can't defend guards.
4. You want the ball in his hand, he is not an off ball player.
5. The 3 point % is a bit misleading. He doesn't shoot the 3 often. He only shoots when he is wide open.
This UCLA team would be nothing without Kyle. I believe he will be successful at the next level despite his lack of foot speed, but then again, I'm biased.
Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Post#46 » by Roland Brice » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:01 pm

I'd take him in the lotto and play him at Power Forward in the NBA.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#47 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 pm

One team I think he could really help is Detroit - playing with Drummond. Both can hide the other's main weaknesses.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#48 » by miltk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 am

kyle is now #5 on draftnet....to utah.

what do you think. i like it. but is there also a general disappointment in this class overall,,,ie the top players are not what they were supposed to be?
themaster07
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#49 » by themaster07 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 am

^ Nbadraft.net isnt creditable. If he performs as well as he's playing now and UCLA maintains that run in the tournament, he'll creep into the lottery. And no, there's no general disappointment in the class overall. Wiggins had a bad game. Embid has been injured. Duke (Jabari Parker) lost to a solid team. Randle performance was overshadowed by the Harrison twins' performance. If anything, the site is making a bold prediction by having Anderson at 5. This draft just got depper with guys like Cleanthony Early, Adreian Payne, Harrison twins, etc all playing great ball.
ImageImageImage
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#50 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 am

themaster07 wrote: And no, there's no general disappointment in the class overall.

I'm pretty sure there is. The pre-season hype was that there were several superstars in this class. Right now, I'm not sure there are any future All-NBA players in this draft.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#51 » by LloydFree » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 pm

themaster07 wrote:^ Nbadraft.net isnt creditable. If he performs as well as he's playing now and UCLA maintains that run in the tournament, he'll creep into the lottery. And no, there's no general disappointment in the class overall. Wiggins had a bad game. Embid has been injured. Duke (Jabari Parker) lost to a solid team. Randle performance was overshadowed by the Harrison twins' performance. If anything, the site is making a bold prediction by having Anderson at 5. This draft just got depper with guys like Cleanthony Early, Adreian Payne, Harrison twins, etc all playing great ball.

FWIW, NBAdraft.net was significantly closer to the actual draft than DX last year. Over the years one is no better than the others. They're all guessing. And fwiw, I have Anderson #7 on my draft board.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,380

Post#52 » by DaddyCool19 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 pm

He should be a lottery pick if UCLA can survive another round after this one and he plays as good as always.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by miltk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:27 am

did kyle's stock go ip because his absense killed ucla's chances against fla.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#54 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:09 am

miltk wrote:did kyle's stock go ip because his absense killed ucla's chances against fla.

Not even a small chance.

He made 4 of 11 shots and no 3's. He had 5 assists to 3 to's, while the opposing PG had 10 assists to 2 to's.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,879

Post#55 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:32 pm

I think he is similar to Mike dunleavy when Mike plays point foward.
arambone
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#56 » by arambone » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 pm

i'll post this here too

Not too bad of a comparison, but Anderson weighed more than Dunleavy does now, as a senior in high school. Anderson also has Much longer arms.
Dunleavy's wingspan is 6'9, while Anderson's was 7'2 a year or two ago and is likely 7'3+ by now, as Anderson is said to have grown an inch last year as a freshman.

So not a bad comparison, but that one difference is huge, and hugely important. Not to mention the extra 10-20 pounds anderson will be working with over his career.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#57 » by cammac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 am

arambone wrote:i'll post this here too

Not too bad of a comparison, but Anderson weighed more than Dunleavy does now, as a senior in high school. Anderson also has Much longer arms.
Dunleavy's wingspan is 6'9, while Anderson's was 7'2 a year or two ago and is likely 7'3+ by now, as Anderson is said to have grown an inch last year as a freshman.

So not a bad comparison, but that one difference is huge, and hugely important. Not to mention the extra 10-20 pounds anderson will be working with over his career.

Think that is a very apt comparison think the 1st couple years he will play PF as a SF as he gains weight will be PF as a PF. Love the guys potential believe Dunleavy is the basement of his potential.
arambone
Banned User
And1: 115

Post#58 » by arambone » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 am

''Love the guys potential believe Dunleavy is the basement of his potential.''

Yeah, I think Anderson's lower body strength is really underrated because his torso is underdeveloped.

Many of these beanpole guys are a joke as far as fighting in the post because their hips are small and their legs look just like their bony arms.
Anderson doesnt have tree trunk legs but they are much more sturdy than guys like JaJuan Johnson, Quincy Miller, or Nerlens Noel.

I simply wouldn't take Randle or Vonleh over Anderson.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#59 » by giberish » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:32 am

I'd worry a lot about whether or not he's good enough to have the ball in his hands a lot at the NBA level. Generally the only players with the ball in their hands a lot are PG's and stars - otherwise you need to be effective without the ball in your hands. College stars who are used to playing with the ball a lot, but who aren't good enough to have that role in the NBA routinely disappoint because they don't have a useful offensive role in the NBA.
miltk
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by miltk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 am

Ruzious wrote:
miltk wrote:did kyle's stock go ip because his absense killed ucla's chances against fla.

Not even a small chance.

He made 4 of 11 shots and no 3's. He had 5 assists to 3 to's, while the opposing PG had 10 assists to 2 to's.

but kyle was never about numbers. while he was out is when florida made it's moveS,,,plural

Return to NBA Draft