Post#21 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:32 pm

reminds me of: Insert white player
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Ron Baker - Wichita St. 

Post#22 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:10 am

CBB_Fan wrote:
Nolan wrote:I like him as a college player, but he doesn't have a future in the NBA. He's not big enough to play the 2 and he doesn't have the quicks or the skills to play the point.

Like I said, very few people have seen him play healthy. He tries to force a lot of bad passes, but he has decent handles and good release on his shot. Skillwise, he probably can play point in the NBA. Heck, most PGs in the NBA are scoring guards without great passing skills or "pure" point abilities.

He'll hopefully have next year to show whether or not being healthy makes him any quicker. Regardless of what people may think from the UK game, he's considered a good perimeter defender. The Harrison twins weren't able to get around him in that game, so the problem wasn't speed. The twins were just really good at shooting through contact and over the top of the guys Wichita State put against them.

Hopefully he'll stay healthy next season and show whether or not he has the physical tools. A comparison could be made to a lot of players; earlier I mentioned Hinrich. I think Fredette could be another example; even Fredette is a better shot, I think Baker has better physical traits and was a better college distributor. And I think Baker's shot, though less accurate, will translate better to the NBA because of its speed.

Scouts actually think his game will translate better in the NBA. Scouts love those combo guards.

Return to NBA Draft