Caris LeVert

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Caris LeVert 

Post#141 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jan 1, 2016 5:09 pm

reanimator wrote:Yup, very clear you are a BSer. And no, Michigan runs man to man almost exclusively with 1-3-1 as a change up. The defense can be evaluated unlike Syracuse, Michigan just sucks at defense year in and year out due to JBs insistence on not fouling and non physicality and his inability to recruit rim protectors.

You don't have to listen to reason. :noway:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,250

Post#142 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Jan 2, 2016 8:54 pm

So Levert sat out today's game against Penn State due to some lower leg injury. I am officially off the bandwagon, until the guy can play a healthy season of basketball. I like the game, but the body doesn't seem like it will hold up against NBA rigors. I honestly don't care if he sat out for precautionary reasons.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
DubCeeSwag
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#143 » by DubCeeSwag » Mon Jan 4, 2016 12:53 am

Chuck Everett wrote:So Levert sat out today's game against Penn State due to some lower leg injury. I am officially off the bandwagon, until the guy can play a healthy season of basketball. I like the game, but the body doesn't seem like it will hold up against NBA rigors. I honestly don't care if he sat out for precautionary reasons.

Sounds as if some really bad news is coming re: LeVert. That's a really talented kid and if it is the same foot and it is as severe as a Michigan basketball insider suggested yesterday (no details yet but he's claimed he knows what the injury situation is and it's not good at all), you have to think NBA teams are going to take that into consideration. Bad feet are a problem. It ruined Bill Walton's career, for example. I'm no fan of any Michigan player but hate to see anyone have their pro potential limited or impacted, and he seems to be a solid kid.
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#144 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Jan 4, 2016 3:15 am

DubCeeSwag wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:So Levert sat out today's game against Penn State due to some lower leg injury. I am officially off the bandwagon, until the guy can play a healthy season of basketball. I like the game, but the body doesn't seem like it will hold up against NBA rigors. I honestly don't care if he sat out for precautionary reasons.

Sounds as if some really bad news is coming re: LeVert. That's a really talented kid and if it is the same foot and it is as severe as a Michigan basketball insider suggested yesterday (no details yet but he's claimed he knows what the injury situation is and it's not good at all), you have to think NBA teams are going to take that into consideration. Bad feet are a problem. It ruined Bill Walton's career, for example. I'm no fan of any Michigan player but hate to see anyone have their pro potential limited or impacted, and he seems to be a solid kid.

It's why he should have gone pro last season. Now he's going to end up firmly planted in the second round.
DubCeeSwag
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#145 » by DubCeeSwag » Mon Jan 4, 2016 3:30 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
DubCeeSwag wrote:

It's why he should have gone pro last season. Now he's going to end up firmly planted in the second round.

Apparently they found "something small" which a collective of the fanbase is taking to mean a small fracture (not a "small problem"). He wasn't in a boot yesterday. They're continuing to seek more information, which suggests to me that it's likely something which will be more than just yesterday's game. We'll see how long.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#146 » by reanimator » Wed Jan 6, 2016 5:34 pm

FWIW

LeVert's injury is relatively minor, much like Derrick Walton's ankle twist earlier this season; LeVert rolled his ankle, and not a particularly nasty-looking roll at that, against Illinois, and the resulting pain is keeping him out for the moment. John Beilein said he's day-to-day on Monday; it sounds like if he's not back for Purdue it won't be much longer than that.

http://mgoblog.com/content/hoops-mailbag-robinsons-shooting-b1g-expectations-next-breakout
coletrain11
Ballboy
And1: 120

Post#147 » by coletrain11 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 9:23 pm

Out for the season with that leg injury

Dude is talented but so injury prone

Probably a second round pick now
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#148 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Mar 3, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm still taking him at the back end of the first and praying for health.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#149 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Mar 4, 2016 7:34 pm

Some people are saying that Michigan has played better ball without Levert, but I don't see it. A healthy Levert wouuld definitely be the best player on the team and a strong candidate for best player in the conference. Michigan could sure use him during the NCAA tourney run.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#150 » by yosemiteben » Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Any update on LeVert's injuries? Hornets fan here that is really tempted to roll the dice on him.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#151 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:42 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Any update on LeVert's injuries? Hornets fan here that is really tempted to roll the dice on him.

He tried to heal his injury without surgery and it didn't work so he finally opted to get surgery. He was interviewed at the combine on a crutch. Apparently he won't be ready before Summer League, but could be ready some time during training camp. It isn't good that he won't have much time to prepare, prove himself and get the rust off. Likely a second round pick to a team with patience.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#152 » by reanimator » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 am

That injury has netted Brooklyn (no pun) arguably the steal of the draft. Did not expect him to jump off the screen in such a short time back from surgery.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#153 » by Marcus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:17 am

reanimator wrote:That injury has netted Brooklyn (no pun) arguably the steal of the draft. Did not expect him to jump off the screen in such a short time back from surgery.

Yeah really happy dude has bounced back the way he has from the injury. Definitely a talent I didn't want to see fall to the waste side.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#154 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:48 am

Just gotta stay healthy. The talent is undeniable.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#155 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:02 am

LeVert > Jaylen Brown. Ainge'd.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

I was wrong about LeVert, but I think it's because he went to ththe right situation for him and I think his injuries and fall in the draft fueled him. He's playing with a fire I didn't see in college. I'm very impressed.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#157 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:28 pm

I just didnt bother with him due to injuries, had him top15 early in the season but then I felt it was too much to risk it, I was totally fine with Brooklyn going with potential in the 1st with him but I had him early 2nd come draft time, and I was wrong, he is likely a top10 guy in a re-draft.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Fischella wrote:I just didnt bother with him due to injuries, had him top15 early in the season but then I felt it was too much to risk it, I was totally fine with Brooklyn going with potential in the 1st with him but I had him early 2nd come draft time, and I was wrong, he is likely a top10 guy in a re-draft.

It seems that guys who injure themselves in college aren't always very injury-prone. Afew games here and there with injuries isn't a big deal. I think we need to reevaluate how we rank guys with injuries. If someone can play, they can play.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#159 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:45 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Fischella wrote:I just didnt bother with him due to injuries, had him top15 early in the season but then I felt it was too much to risk it, I was totally fine with Brooklyn going with potential in the 1st with him but I had him early 2nd come draft time, and I was wrong, he is likely a top10 guy in a re-draft.

It seems that guys who injure themselves in college aren't always very injury-prone. Afew games here and there with injuries isn't a big deal. I think we need to reevaluate how we rank guys with injuries. If someone can play, they can play.

He injured himself several times in the same foot, that looked cronic, or that's how I remember it.

Return to NBA Draft