Had no idea Michael Porter was that athletic..he's a hell of a prospect

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/29/7466 ... n-for-dunk
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Future draft classes 

Post#802 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm

EricAnderson wrote:Had no idea Michael Porter was that athletic..he's a hell of a prospect

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/29/7466 ... n-for-dunk

yeah he's supposedly the new KD (even moreso than Brandon Ingram). I like how smooth and confident his jumper is. Really wanna see him in something other than highlights to see everything he brings to the table.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#803 » by Mr Sixer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:44 am

is the 2017 draft the next big draft? and how is 2016 projected at this point compared to the 2015, 2014 and 2013. I know its still way too early but curious about the projections as of now
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#804 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 3, 2015 1:51 am

Blakeney joins Ben Simmons in LSU, if Mickey&Martin stay... thats a team to follow, that frontcourt could be crazy dynamic.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#805 » by Marcus » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:16 am

Fischella wrote:Blakeney joins Ben Simmons in LSU, if Mickey&Martin stay... thats a team to follow, that frontcourt could be crazy dynamic.

yeah just saw that should definitely help Ben as a prospect whereas he doesn't have to create his own as much and can still Point Forward it up and create for others as a secondary get buckets guy.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#806 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jan 3, 2015 4:17 pm

More from michael Porter

https://vine.co/v/OwXdm3Ev9mV
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#807 » by Justwar » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:06 pm

LSU is always cute, they usually get a stacked team every few years, then come sec tournament time and ncaa time they fall apart. I'd love to expect more from the SEC other then florida but man, its hard. So inconsistent.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#808 » by Marcus » Sat Jan 3, 2015 7:52 pm

EricAnderson wrote:More from michael Porter

https://vine.co/v/OwXdm3Ev9mV

that's the same dunk isn't it?
Watch More Basketball

immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#809 » by immortalone23 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 4:50 am

What do you guys think about fundamentals regarding American basketball? Especially since this thread is about future draft classes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RealGM Forums mobile app
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#810 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:37 pm

DX has Ullis as 2 and done
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#811 » by Marcus » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:47 pm

reanimator wrote:DX has Ullis as 2 and done

it was said in this thread i believe before the season started and so far has been proven true. Ulis gives them their best option at PG with the Harrisons on the roster. if he wasn't so damn small he could one and done it with the position lacking phenominally high ceiling talent in this class. next year might be his best bet for leaving because that 2017 class could possibly bury him at PG.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: 

Post#812 » by Marcus » Tue Jan 6, 2015 10:53 pm

immortalone23 wrote:What do you guys think about fundamentals regarding American basketball? Especially since this thread is about future draft classes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RealGM Forums mobile app

looks like it still comes down to coaching. we're seeing it with the current crop of youngsters in the league college and HS that they can pick it up when its taught to them. its just all in how a kid is taught and if a coach is willing to teach the kids instead of giving the ball to the best athlete and sitting back on his hands.

the fact a guy like Embiid can pickup on things as quickly as he did or that Jah Okafor a 19 year old kid has a better back to the basket arsenal than a high percentage of starters at his position in the league, Tyus Jones and Derryck Thornton's ability to get where they want on the floor and see everything despite not being athletic freaks. the capacity to learn is there, kids gotta get coached up.
Watch More Basketball

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#813 » by No-Man » Fri Jan 9, 2015 6:28 pm

Craig Victor to LSU too...

We'll see if Martin/Mickey leave or not, but they are looking good for the long term.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#814 » by Marcus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 pm

ManualRam wrote:rabb has a tremendous foundation of skill and he's a good springy athlete with good length to boot. he has all the ingredients to be a true inside outside threat. his footwork and fakes in the post are the best in his class. he's comfortable turning over either shoulder because hes truly ambidextrous, with turnaround jumpers over left while favoring his left (actually favors his left for finishing everything around the paint) with his hooks. rabb's also an improved passer too. as long as he sticks with his post play and does not take the easy route by drifting out to the perimeter too much, which some bigs at the lower levels tend to do ebcause of the congestion in the paint, he'll get better reading doubles. he can handle the ball in space and his jumper is nice too, showing an ability to step out with range. has very soft hands catching the ball in traffic too. to me the only big question mark surrounding him is his build. he's naturally thin, so if he can't gain enough strength to hold his position in the post, that puts a serious damper on his back to the basket post potential. he'd still have his face up potential though.

EJ Montgomery looked good in that game as well, looked smart, composed, confident, and possibly the 2nd best player on that Verde team and he's a freshman. Have you seen more of him? was that one good performance and not the norm or is this kid legit?

If Bags is number 1 for the frosh class where does EJ rank in there?
Watch More Basketball

ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#815 » by ManualRam » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Marcus wrote:
ManualRam wrote:rabb has a tremendous foundation of skill and he's a good springy athlete with good length to boot. he has all the ingredients to be a true inside outside threat. his footwork and fakes in the post are the best in his class. he's comfortable turning over either shoulder because hes truly ambidextrous, with turnaround jumpers over left while favoring his left (actually favors his left for finishing everything around the paint) with his hooks. rabb's also an improved passer too. as long as he sticks with his post play and does not take the easy route by drifting out to the perimeter too much, which some bigs at the lower levels tend to do ebcause of the congestion in the paint, he'll get better reading doubles. he can handle the ball in space and his jumper is nice too, showing an ability to step out with range. has very soft hands catching the ball in traffic too. to me the only big question mark surrounding him is his build. he's naturally thin, so if he can't gain enough strength to hold his position in the post, that puts a serious damper on his back to the basket post potential. he'd still have his face up potential though.

EJ Montgomery looked good in that game as well, looked smart, composed, confident, and possibly the 2nd best player on that Verde team and he's a freshman. Have you seen more of him? was that one good performance and not the norm or is this kid legit?

he's definitely got the tools. he's 6'10, soft touch, good coordination, decent ball skills. isn't a great athlete, yet. he's more smooth than explosive, but we'll see how his athleticism turns out once he gets sufficient training and his man muscles start to come in. he's challenging himself, already playing with the 17s during the summer so thats a good thing. besides that, can't say i'm too crazy about him being primarily perimeter based. he's a bit soft and gives up his size and length advantage by doing that. also, he shoots on the way up with a low release, so him being 6'10 is just a number not as much a factor in how he impacts the game.

i haven't seen much of 2018, but what i have seen isn't all that impressive. it's super early though. who knows how these unskilled, skinny 6'7-6'8 forwards will develop physically and which direction they choose to go skill-wise. the class seems to be littered with them, without any of them really standing out to me.

i have seen some guards i really like though. jamie lewis is a combo out of ATL with a tremendous poise, body control creativity and deception. i also like what i've seen out of will dilard too. he's a freaky athlete, who covers a ton of ground in a hurry with good size for the 1 and solid vision.

as far as i've seen so far though, it's bagley and everyone else.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#816 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:20 am

ManualRam wrote:
Marcus wrote:

he's definitely got the tools. he's 6'10, soft touch, good coordination, decent ball skills. isn't a great athlete, yet. he's more smooth than explosive, but we'll see how his athleticism turns out once he gets sufficient training and his man muscles start to come in. he's challenging himself, already playing with the 17s during the summer so thats a good thing. besides that, can't say i'm too crazy about him being primarily perimeter based. he's a bit soft and gives up his size and length advantage by doing that. also, he shoots on the way up with a low release, so him being 6'10 is just a number not as much a factor in how he impacts the game.

i haven't seen much of 2018, but what i have seen isn't all that impressive. it's super early though. who knows how these unskilled, skinny 6'7-6'8 forwards will develop physically and which direction they choose to go skill-wise. the class seems to be littered with them, without any of them really standing out to me.

i have seen some guards i really like though. jamie lewis is a combo out of ATL with a tremendous poise, body control creativity and deception. i also like what i've seen out of will dilard too. he's a freaky athlete, who covers a ton of ground in a hurry with good size for the 1 and solid vision.

Who would you compare Bagleys game to?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#817 » by ManualRam » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
Marcus wrote:EJ Montgomery looked good in that game as well, looked smart, composed, confident, and possibly the 2nd best player on that Verde team and he's a freshman. Have you seen more of him? was that one good performance and not the norm or is this kid legit?

Who would you compare Bagleys game to?

idk, maybe bosh. he's more perimeter and finesse. more of a face up than post player at this point, but plays with good tenacity and awareness on the other end. bosh had to develop into a defender. this kid has good defensive instincts at an early stage. shows good passing instincts as well. bosh, while always a good scorer, never showed much playmaking ability. he's not selfish, but he was never creative as a passer. plus bagley's 6'10 already. i doubt he's done growing. outside of a little toughness on the interior which could eventually come with strength, he's a pretty complete prospect as far as what i think teams look for in a kid at such an early stage of development. size, athleticism, pedigree, temperament, solid foundation of skill and he's a smart, grounded kid with a good approach to the game.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
reanimator
Analyst

Post#818 » by reanimator » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Thoughts on Melo Trimble?
reanimator
Analyst

Post#819 » by reanimator » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Also wonder when Kostas Antetokounmpo will start to make some noise

[YouTube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1kXdtclfg[/YouTube]
coutournant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#820 » by coutournant » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:39 pm

I want to talk about a young french seven footer with great length, athleticism and a motor who seriously reminds me Rudy Gobert at the same age : Jonathan Jeanne.
He's beginning to scratch the surface in French third division and was one of the best player of the Euroleague Youth Tournament last month.
He's 17 and is really long but very skinny too, that's why he was not really efficent until now.
His main strength is shotblocking but he's also a very good offensive player with a great jumpshot and feel for the game.
Draftexpress made a desciption af him a year ago but he improved a lot his strength and conditionning since : http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Nik ... orts-4396/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
He improved his numbers from 5,8pt 1,4rb in 12min to 14pt 7,5rb 2,8 blocks in 29 minutes in Euroleague youth competition.
He still has a narrow frame but if he continues to improve on his body I think this guy could be a skilled version of Rudy Gobert, and one of the best nba-prospect at the center position. He may not have the DPOY potential that Rudy Gobert has but he has the upside to be the Pau Gasol of France.
He's very intriguing and I think he's a player nbadraft fans should follow for the 2017 or 2018 draft

Return to NBA Draft