Future draft classes

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Re: Future draft classes 

Post#721 » by MinneOOPalis » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:27 am

Josh Jackson....Ive heard his name get tossed around and finally saw a little clip of him ..and he blew me away. I think he is the next big thing.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#722 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:36 pm

MinneOOPalis wrote:Josh Jackson....Ive heard his name get tossed around and finally saw a little clip of him ..and he blew me away. I think he is the next big thing.

Josh is a hooper. needs to gain some size, work on his jumper release and be more consistent from distance. Outside of that though he's the real deal. Long, athletic, handles well, competes, defends, rebounds, scores, and creates. The competitive sides came off as bratty when he didn't get some calls at the World U17 tourney this year but his response was to be more aggressive on the court and he made a few things happen. Im curious to see how that response translates at the next level when the competition's skill level is increased.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#723 » by ManualRam » Tue Dec 2, 2014 10:17 pm

ManualRam wrote:
slc24 wrote:A guy to watch in the future is Utah's Jakob Poeltl, he's a 7 foot freshman center from Austria. He's very athletic, has great size, sticky hands, good instincts and is ahead of his age defensively. He still needs to gain some weight and improve his offensive game, but he's shown promise. He's definitely the most talented big we've seen at Utah since Bogut. He won't declare this year, but in a year or two could be quite special.

i like what i've seen out of him too. good athleticism, size, very active, looks to have solid defensive instincts, does a good job working early and presenting a target. i heard that he likes to step away too, but i don't see how the way his FT and jumper have looked. he's 1 to watch too.

kid is supposedly generating 2015 buzz. ford just name dropped him and mentioned potential lotto.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#724 » by reanimator » Wed Dec 3, 2014 8:28 pm

I was hoping Shaquaan Aaron would be cleared by now. Oh well, he needs to live in the weight room anyway. At least Malik Pope is working himself back into action.

Its early and he is still adjusting, but Kam Chatman is the best blend of size/skill that John Beilein has ever had.

Zak Irvin is also attacking close outs and flashing some ability off the bounce
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#725 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 3, 2014 8:30 pm

Zak Irvin is legit, that stroke is a thing of beauty, lets see if he improves his court awareness and overall game.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#726 » by immortalone23 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:30 am

I'm not sure between Josh Jackson and Jaylen Brown, who'll be the next big wing prospect...
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#727 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:05 pm

immortalone23 wrote:I'm not sure between Josh Jackson and Jaylen Brown, who'll be the next big wing prospect...

Jaylen by way of him graduating sooner pretty even call between the 2 though.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
reanimator
Analyst

Post#728 » by reanimator » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:21 pm

I see more of Chris Paul in Derryck Thornton Jr than Tyus Jones.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#729 » by immortalone23 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:36 pm

Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:I'm not sure between Josh Jackson and Jaylen Brown, who'll be the next big wing prospect...

Yeah, besides that though? Jaylen has prototypical size and strength for a wing, great at attacking the rim and defensively. I need to see more Jackson.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#730 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:45 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yeah, besides that though? Jaylen has prototypical size and strength for a wing, great at attacking the rim and defensively. I need to see more Jackson.

I was messing with you.

honest answer i like Jaylen better due to the that size and strength. Josh does have the tighter handle and appears to have better potential as a creator. both jumpers need work, Jaylen has the better mechanics, i think Josh is longer which allows him to make up for the size he lacks on defense. both get after it on that end of the floor. Josh is smoother while Jaylen is more freight train. two great athletes, both compete, both will be stars. I like Jaylen more though wanna see how his handle has improved and what jumps he makes this year considering the ginormous leap he made last year. For Josh if he put some mass on then its a wrap for the competition because everything else is there.
Watch More Basketball

reanimator
Analyst

Post#731 » by reanimator » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:03 pm

You can't teach Josh Jackson's passing ability nor his ability in transition. The strength and jumper will come along.

Jaylen just seems to have his head on straight and a professional approach to the game that I think Josh has some catching up to do.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#732 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:07 pm

reanimator wrote:I see more of Chris Paul in Derryck Thornton Jr than Tyus Jones.

i def see that on the defensive end, love how pesky Derryck is on that end. I need to watch him from beginning to end when he comes back to see how he controls the game before branding that title completely.
Watch More Basketball

reanimator
Analyst

Post#733 » by reanimator » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:18 pm

Marcus wrote:
reanimator wrote:I see more of Chris Paul in Derryck Thornton Jr than Tyus Jones.

i def see that on the defensive end, love how pesky Derryck is on that end. I need to watch him from beginning to end when he comes back to see how he controls the game before branding that title completely.

Yeah, I think he is back with Findlay. Should have a few ESPN games soon.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#734 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:23 pm

reanimator wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yeah, I think he is back with Findlay. Should have a few ESPN games soon.

don't hesitate to remind ya boy if you get some confirmed dates and times. def wanna see DJ play was madddddddddddd dissapointed he broke his hand and missed that last all-star game. thought he would have been able to show the f*ck out in that enviornment especially when it started to breakdown into a one on one showcase.
Watch More Basketball

bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#735 » by bigboi » Fri Dec 5, 2014 3:42 am

He ain't touching Dennis Smith. Peep the bounce
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtIy7GFeTl0[/youtube]
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#736 » by bigboi » Fri Dec 5, 2014 3:49 am

Jackson reminds me of Wiggins at times, but actually looks better at the same age and taller. Really smooth and honestly looks like he can be the best player in the game if he develops correctly.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6F6ihKVtk&list=UU-6LpO6tTyHWNUTkoRSsWMw[/youtube]
tlee324 wrote:

ManualRam
RealGM

Post#737 » by ManualRam » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:32 am

bigboi wrote:

physically, smith is more talented, so thornton doesn't have smith's upside, but thornton's a better floor general, defender, shooter and playmaker.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#738 » by ManualRam » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:34 am

bigboi wrote:Jackson reminds me of Wiggins at times, but actually looks better at the same age and taller. Really smooth and honestly looks like he can be the best player in the game if he develops correctly.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6F6ihKVtk&list=UU-6LpO6tTyHWNUTkoRSsWMw[/youtube]

jackson has way better ball skills. his handle is nasty for a SG (yes, he's a SG) and he's a much better playmaker.
he doesn't have wiggins' length though.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#739 » by bigboi » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:50 am

ManualRam wrote:
bigboi wrote:Jackson reminds me of Wiggins at times, but actually looks better at the same age and taller. Really smooth and honestly looks like he can be the best player in the game if he develops correctly.

jackson has way better ball skills. his handle is nasty for a SG (yes, he's a SG) and he's a much better playmaker.
he doesn't have wiggins' length though.

He looks taller than Wiggins in that vid though. Yeah, Jackson's ball skills are much better than Wiggins and his athleticism is not too far off if not similar. He has the same style as Wiggins in which he looks like he's not trying and makes it look so easy. I think Jackson has more potential than Wiggins from the looks of it and he looks much more like TMac than Wiggins. Who do you think is the better defender of the two?
tlee324 wrote:

bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#740 » by bigboi » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:54 am

ManualRam wrote:
bigboi wrote:

physically, smith is more talented, so thornton doesn't have smith's upside, but thornton's a better floor general, defender, shooter and playmaker.

True, but I think Smith is coming along in all those departments. Thornton is one of the best playmakers, I've seen in years, but Smith's athleticism is absolutely insane and he's no slouch at controlling the pace as well as playmaking. I just think Smith has potential to be a top 10-15 player.
tlee324 wrote:

Return to NBA Draft