Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Future draft classes 

Post#1101 » by Marcus » Wed May 6, 2015 4:50 pm

Fischella wrote:I do, I think Jaylen can suffer a bit from the Muhammad/Stanley syndrom and look a bit raw and not that superior physically, he is a better athlete than both of those guys, but he can lose some hype going forward.
I think Ingram, Labissiere, Ingram, Simmons and probably Bender are the consensus top5 as of now.

Fair enough. I can understand the logic behind that we'll see what happens.

How much time do you see Ingram getting with Allen, Kennard, and Jones at Duke?

BTW, you listed Ingram twice in your top 5, who's the guy you left out?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1102 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 6, 2015 4:50 pm

On the subject of top 2015 guys is Ellenson a possible top 5-10 pick?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1103 » by Marcus » Wed May 6, 2015 4:57 pm

EricAnderson wrote:On the subject of top 2015 guys is Ellenson a possible top 5-10 pick?

i dunno. I kinda feel about Ellenson how you feel about Rabb. I've yet to be impressed with him when i've seen him play. Only really got a chance to see him in the FIBA's last year (he wasn't good) and he was hurt during the HS All-star circuit this year. The highlight clips show a skilled stretch big, the "experts" compare him to Kevin Love, he made a HUGE jump in the HS rankings last year and has kept it so I dunno. I've never seen him perform well against guys his size (live or in highlights) so that's a question. We'll see what Marquette does for him though.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1104 » by No-Man » Wed May 6, 2015 5:03 pm

Marcus wrote:
Fischella wrote:I do, I think Jaylen can suffer a bit from the Muhammad/Stanley syndrom and look a bit raw and not that superior physically, he is a better athlete than both of those guys, but he can lose some hype going forward.
I think Ingram, Labissiere, Ingram, Simmons and probably Bender are the consensus top5 as of now.

Jaylen, about the playing time we will see, but he can play PF too, so i think enough at least.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1105 » by Marcus » Wed May 6, 2015 5:15 pm

Fischella wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Jaylen, about the playing time we will see, but he can play PF too, so i think enough at least.

Ingram is like a buck eighty something you don't think he'll get pushed around playing the 4?
Watch More Basketball

reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#1106 » by reanimator » Wed May 6, 2015 5:21 pm

Ingram is far from being "consensus" higher than Jaylen
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#1107 » by Greek » Wed May 6, 2015 8:00 pm

Just an update, today Papagiannis started against a weak team he had 6 points 10 rebs 2 blocks, but he missed some easy lay ups. Charalampopoulos on the same game had 5 points 5 assists
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1108 » by Marcus » Wed May 6, 2015 10:58 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Go_Hornets wrote:I could easily see Brandon Ingram being a top 2 pick...dude has a scary amount of potential

Love Ingram's potential. not sure about top 2 though. Seems like a lot would have to go right for him to earn that slot.

Jaylen Brown would either need to return to Cal for a sophmore year or have a really down year for Ingram to jump him as a wing prospect.

If he doesn't jump Jaylen then the teams picking 1 and 2 would need to have their big man spots completely locked up and have no need for Skal Labissiere or Ben Simmons or Ivan Rabb. skilled bigs (which all 3 are) don't typically get passed on by teams looking to find franchise type pieces.

I've only seen him a few times and I could be very wrong but when I see Rabb nothing about him screams top pick to me

checked out DX and they don't even have Rabb listed on their 2016 mock. you're clearly not the only one low on him lol.
Watch More Basketball

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1109 » by EricAnderson » Thu May 7, 2015 6:00 am

Marcus wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Love Ingram's potential. not sure about top 2 though. Seems like a lot would have to go right for him to earn that slot.

Jaylen Brown would either need to return to Cal for a sophmore year or have a really down year for Ingram to jump him as a wing prospect.

If he doesn't jump Jaylen then the teams picking 1 and 2 would need to have their big man spots completely locked up and have no need for Skal Labissiere or Ben Simmons or Ivan Rabb. skilled bigs (which all 3 are) don't typically get passed on by teams looking to find franchise type pieces.

I've only seen him a few times and I could be very wrong but when I see Rabb nothing about him screams top pick to me

checked out DX and they don't even have Rabb listed on their 2016 mock. you're clearly not the only one low on him lol.

It's just seeing him I don't see a fluid athlete or overly explosive guy..in today's nba you better have a Okafor level post set if you're not a fast twitch guy..he seems kinda crafty but if that's the best u can say about a player how high can u draft him?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1110 » by Marcus » Thu May 7, 2015 2:11 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

It's just seeing him I don't see a fluid athlete or overly explosive guy..in today's nba you better have a Okafor level post set if you're not a fast twitch guy..he seems kinda crafty but if that's the best u can say about a player how high can u draft him?

Hopefully you'll get a chance to watch him at Cal. There's actually a lot to his game. High skill level. Not Jah level post game but better than any of the other bigs in this draft. Legit ambidextrous, runs the floor very well, good handle, good passer, improving mid-range, rim protects (with great timing, length, discipline, and quick spring) , rebounds, not Dwight, DeAndre, or Drummond off the floor but still very good, with a quick second and third jump.

The main knock is his size, don't think he's more than 215-220 or so so he'll need to bulk up to play in the league. the skill is there though.

Disappointed he hasn't shown it in the bigger settings, I don't think its an indication that he can't though. When this season comes he should be able to better show what he's capable of at Cal with Jaylen, Wallace, and Bird. We'll see though. If you haven't seen any of him at O'Dowd I can't blame you at all for being skeptical about everything I've said about him.
Watch More Basketball

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,030

Post#1111 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 7, 2015 8:04 pm

There's a lot of guys who are going to want shots on that Cal team. Wallace-Matthews-Bird-Brown-Rabb. That is a combo guard, two shooting guards, a small forward and a power forward. Someone's going to have to facillitate on this team for sure.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1112 » by Marcus » Thu May 7, 2015 8:08 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:There's a lot of guys who are going to want shots on that Cal team. Wallace-Matthews-Bird-Brown-Rabb. That is a combo guard, two shooting guards, a small forward and a power forward. Someone's going to have to facillitate on this team for sure.

Jaylen keeps saying in interviews that his passing is underrated and he wants to show he can distribute so he'll get his chance to prove that. We'll see what happens.
Watch More Basketball

Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1113 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 7, 2015 8:18 pm

Jabari Bird still is the guy to me who has a ton of a potential. Something happened last year (coaching change/injury), but I still see this guy as having lotto potential. He has prototypical size/skills for an NBA SG.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1114 » by Marcus » Thu May 7, 2015 8:22 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Jabari Bird still is the guy to me who has a ton of a potential. Something happened last year (coaching change/injury), but I still see this guy as having lotto potential. He has prototypical size/skills for an NBA SG.

haven't seen a ton of Bird but have seen his name in the lotto convo before. what does he bring to the table?
Watch More Basketball

Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1115 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 7, 2015 8:41 pm

6'6 200 lbs, has very good handles, but he can get his own shot, is strong, but he can shoot. He was coming on late in the season freshman year, especially in the NIT (averaged almost 20 ppg his last two games of it). I was expecting all Pac-12 season from him, then he got the stress reaction and was out for a while as Matthews and Wallace carried the team. On a different team with a faster pace (Cuonzo is a true BIG style of coach) he would put up big numbers. But with all these guys on the team, someone is going to have to sacrifice their offense. NBA scouts should be at a lot of Cal games this year, so I think they'll see what I see.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1116 » by Marcus » Mon May 11, 2015 2:12 am

Watch More Basketball

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1117 » by No-Man » Mon May 11, 2015 7:15 am

It is either Cal, same problem having to play Center, UK, or Purdue, he could play PF in both.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#1118 » by reanimator » Mon May 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Tyus Battle to Michigan.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1119 » by Marcus » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 pm

reanimator wrote:Tyus Battle to Michigan.

that's a good get for you guys.
Watch More Basketball

reanimator
Analyst

Post#1120 » by reanimator » Mon May 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Marcus wrote:
reanimator wrote:Tyus Battle to Michigan.

that's a good get for you guys.

Very excited to see Beilein with elite talent.

Return to NBA Draft