Why have I never seen this comp. before?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Re: Why have I never seen this comp. before? 

Post#21 » by bigboi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Impacien wrote:Wall had poor court sense and game management skills as a rookie. Playing for that Wizards team surely didn't help but he entered the league pretty underdeveloped in those aspects. Very drive and kick out reliant, playing always at the same speed. And like Exum, his creation with the off-hand (well, with his right hand actually) was fairly underwhelming as well.

We are talking about Wall in Kentucky. His off hand creation was much better than Exum's also him being left handed put him at an advantage as well
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Novocaine
Veteran
And1: 1,584

Post#22 » by Novocaine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm talking about Wall at Kentucky too. It's not like he regressed in the off-season. I'm talking about Wall four years ago, if you will.

I don't know if his off-hand creation was better or worse than Exum's because I haven't seen enough of Exum yet, but Wall struggled quite a bit to do anything driving right.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#23 » by Skin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 pm

I don't like the Wall to Exum comparison. I don't know if they have more than 2 things in common.

That said, there are either a lot of Wizards fans commenting here or there is some drastic exaggeration going on. GOAT athleticism? C'mon now. Wall is a very good player and all, but he's a better athlete than basketball player. This is why it's taking his shooting so long to come around. This is why he doesn't make those around him better. If he's got GOAT athleticism then why doesn't he dominate the game?

The game comes naturally for Exum. His feel of the game is sharp. He might not be John Wall athletic, but he's got that Steph Curry-like feel for the game. That trumps athleticism.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,516

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Skin wrote:I don't like the Wall to Exum comparison. I don't know if they have more than 2 things in common.

That said, there are either a lot of Wizards fans commenting here or there is some drastic exaggeration going on. GOAT athleticism? C'mon now. Wall is a very good player and all, but he's a better athlete than basketball player. This is why it's taking his shooting so long to come around. This is why he doesn't make those around him better. If he's got GOAT athleticism then why doesn't he dominate the game?

The game comes naturally for Exum. His feel of the game is sharp. He might not be John Wall athletic, but he's got that Steph Curry-like feel for the game. That trumps athleticism.

Because Wall may have the worst non-physical tools skillset of any starting PG, to still be headed for a perennial all-star career despite this shows just how good his physical tools are. (That's not to say Wall doesn't have non-physical tools talents, just that the other starting PGs have more)
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#25 » by Skin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:01 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Skin wrote:I don't like the Wall to Exum comparison. I don't know if they have more than 2 things in common.

Because Wall may have the worst non-physical tools skillset of any starting PG, to still be headed for a perennial all-star career despite this shows just how good his physical tools are. (That's not to say Wall doesn't have non-physical tools talents, just that the other starting PGs have more)

Couldn't have said it better. Well said.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#26 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Antrim wrote:So Wall was basically a top athlete, a top scorer, a top passer and a top defender.

And after 4 years he just played his first PO games.

Decision making must be the most underrated ability in basketball, especially in a point guard.

Haha, what? How often does the #1 draft pick make the playoffs early in his career?

#1 pick means you go to one of the worst teams typically. You think Wall underachieved just because it took him only 4 seasons to make the playoffs? He didn't even play half of last season, and when he did his team was on pace to making it.

Other examples of #1 picks making the playoffs right off the bat in recent years, please.
Expeditious
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#27 » by Expeditious » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Kevin Love has been in the league six years and he still hasn't made the playoffs.

Return to NBA Draft