Mario Hezonja

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

stc
Ballboy
And1: 17

Re: Mario Hezonja 

Post#121 » by stc » Fri Feb 6, 2015 6:36 pm

shame we would never find out hezonja hypothetical stats if he is college player. because it is hard for americans/non europeans to properly evaluate what hezonja do in this euroleague season. in top tear european club

in last 5,6 yeras i remember 2 top american high school regrut playing euroleague in hezonja age.

brandon jennings 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.6 assist

and maybe better example

nick calathes who went from top tier college to top tier euroleague team

florida gators stats

17.2 points, 5.3 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.9 steals

panathinaikos stats

3.5 points, 1.9 rebounds , 1.7 assists and 0.6 steals

fact that hezonja playes so easy in euroleague is impressive
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#122 » by No-Man » Fri Feb 6, 2015 6:52 pm

beans-boy wrote:Sounds like Hezonjas going to be a Manu Ginobili - Kevin Durant hybrid...

Is more like Gallinari with a bit of Joe Johnson.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#123 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:47 pm

Damon_3388 wrote:From those Vines, he doesn't look like he gets a whole lot of lift off the ground.

Here's some examples of him getting off the ground :wink:
TheTrooper wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcrZ4y_Ccg[/youtube] :D
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#124 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:52 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
Damon_3388 wrote:From those Vines, he doesn't look like he gets a whole lot of lift off the ground.

TheTrooper wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcrZ4y_Ccg[/youtube] :D

As you can see he's not like most dunkers of his appearance, he has a flare to the way he drives to rim aggressively and he doesn't stop at a soft lay-up, he wants to put you on a poster, and I think the attacking style will mean he might get more out of his athleticism than similar athletes.

Like watching this video, he at least seems to be as athletic as Jeff Green, and an aggressive jeff green with a better shot is an allstar IMO
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#125 » by ManualRam » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:19 pm

you're blind then. his leaping ability is probably his best athletic quality. he's such an easy, quick leaper. equally good off of 1 or 2 feet too.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#126 » by pohani komarac » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:27 am

Sports Geek
Junior
And1: 103

Post#127 » by Sports Geek » Sat Feb 7, 2015 1:48 am

TheTrooper wrote:Nice one....but it doesn't change the fact that teen Mario blow away prime Rudy Fernandez like he wasn't even there.
The guy had 2 steps advantage and passed besides him like a bullet to posterize their center Bourousis.

I agree that some overestimate his athleticism,but Rudy may only have a bit higher vertical than him. Mario is faster, bigger and stronger, better shooter than Rudy.

People usually forgets Rudy had an NBA all-time record for most 3 pointers made in a rookie season. It was taken by Curry some years later. He is a great shooter.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7hb7HjQfI[/youtube]
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#128 » by Damon_3388 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:51 am

ManualRam wrote:

you're blind then. his leaping ability is probably his best athletic quality. he's such an easy, quick leaper. equally good off of 1 or 2 feet too.

How do you derive that from those Vines alone, where he barely gets off the ground? That's all I was referring to.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Damon_3388
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by Damon_3388 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:53 am

ManualRam wrote:

How do you derive that from those Vines alone, where he barely gets off the ground? That's all I was referring to.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,527

Post#130 » by 165bows » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:43 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:

As you can see he's not like most dunkers of his appearance, he has a flare to the way he drives to rim aggressively and he doesn't stop at a soft lay-up, he wants to put you on a poster, and I think the attacking style will mean he might get more out of his athleticism than similar athletes.

Like watching this video, he at least seems to be as athletic as Jeff Green, and an aggressive jeff green with a better shot is an allstar IMO

I like Hezonja from what I've seen quite a bit. Not sure he's quite the run-jump athlete that Green is, but he looks like he's got better body control and handle. Green's problem is his handle is mediocre and he just can't start/stop or change direction on the drive. Green needs such a straight line which inhibits his drive, Hezonja from the bits I've seen has better body control on the move. Not a terrible comp though, and I've wondered if Hezonja might ultimately be more a three that plays a little small ball four as he gets older as opposed to a 2/3.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#131 » by ManualRam » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:00 am

Damon_3388 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:

if you're just going to draw conclusions from video snippets, why even post at all? have you not seen him in any other setting?
in those vines, which are the ones from the previous page im assuming, where is lift even necessary? up and under, using the rim to protect, the goal is to beat the defender to the other side of the rim and the get the shot up before the rim is no longer an impediment. dislodging a big from underneath the rim. the work was already done. he created the space, all he needed to do was get that shot up, again, before that defender recovers.
elevation on a difficult step back from behind the arc? how many players get great lift on step backs? not many. no, he doesnt get amazing lift on his jumper and quite frankly i prefer that from a shooter from deep. less lift = shooting on the way up, better balance, more controlled, quicker, consistent release.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Damon_3388
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by Damon_3388 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:10 am

I was simply commenting on those Vines, that's it. Not saying that defined him as a player, or that's all he was.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,395

Post#133 » by reload141 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:18 pm

@ByJayKing Ainge at Barcelona-Galatasaray Euroleague game right now. Mario Hezonja targeted for the draft.

If Boston finishes with say the 10th pick in the draft, is that high enough to grab him you think? If not then can we use the Clippers pick to move up enough?
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#134 » by TKainZero » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Really like this player.
If lakers pick at 5 I would love to take him.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#135 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 pm

reload141 wrote:@ByJayKing Ainge at Barcelona-Galatasaray Euroleague game right now. Mario Hezonja targeted for the draft.

If Boston finishes with say the 10th pick in the draft, is that high enough to grab him you think? If not then can we use the Clippers pick to move up enough?

If he some how does not end up in the lotto I will be shocked, there is no chance to grab him with the Clipper pick unless he does something crazy bad at this point.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,395

Post#136 » by reload141 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
reload141 wrote:@ByJayKing Ainge at Barcelona-Galatasaray Euroleague game right now. Mario Hezonja targeted for the draft.

If he some how does not end up in the lotto I will be shocked, there is no chance to grab him with the Clipper pick unless he does something crazy bad at this point.

I'm talking about using both picks to move up in the draft to grab him....
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Post#137 » by brackdan70 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 am

RSCD3_ wrote:

meh, can't get his head up to rim level. probably doesn't even have a 40 inch vert.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Post#138 » by brackdan70 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:52 am

reload141 wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

I'm talking about using both picks to move up in the draft to grab him....

I think he goes top 10 for sure...potentially as high as 5. Cs have a good chance to get him if he is who Ainge wants. I think if there is an opportunity to trade up for him or any player Ainge wants he could combine with the clips pick or a future pick and get it done....probably can't trade into the top 4 though. Just hypothetically if Cs have 10th pick and clips pick is 19. combining could probably get Cs up to 8th...maybe.
Sign here
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#139 » by Catchall » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:55 am

I have to think the Jazz are interested in Hezonja in the 6 - 8 range. I actually wanted the Jazz to draft him last year if he had stayed in the draft.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AlexCRO
Rookie
And1: 667

Post#140 » by AlexCRO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:08 am

He will not be there at 10... he will be picked in the 5 ( maybe ) to 8 range ( for sure )... talent wise he is top 3 in this year draft in my opinion
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Return to NBA Draft