If There Was A Redraft of 2013 Draft...

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

If There Was A Redraft of 2013 Draft... 

Post#1 » by MCDubbin » Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Would Nerlens Noel go number one overall?

I know that he hasn't shown anything because he didn't play at all this season but seeing how poor this draft class has been, I felt like Noel's stock just went up even though he didn't play.

Although I'm a Sixers fan, I thought Noel should have went #1 overall or at least #3 to Wizards last year.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: If There Was A Redraft of 2013 Draft... 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Tue May 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Yes he would, it's either him or Antetokounmpo for 1 overall.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#3 » by dorkestra » Tue May 27, 2014 2:46 pm

1. Noel
2. Antetokounmpo
3. MCW
4. Oladipo
5. Steven Adams
6. Dieng
7. Burke
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk
10. Bennett
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Talent Chaser
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#4 » by Talent Chaser » Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 pm

dorkestra wrote:1. Noel
2. Antetokounmpo
3. MCW
4. Oladipo
5. Steven Adams
6. Dieng
7. Burke
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk
10. Bennett

Ray McCallum is the 2nd best pg behind MCW.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#5 » by No-Man » Tue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

dorkestra wrote:
6. Dieng
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#6 » by Marcus » Tue May 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Is Giannis really that good?

is the ceiling really that high for this kid?

I've watched him a bit this year and i see the gifts and tools he has to work with but he still pretty much didn't do much this year on a team that allowed for more than ample opportunity to just go out there and showcase ability since they weren't going anywhere anyway.

What is it that you guys see in Giannis that puts him in that all-star/superstar class and in how many years do you think this potential will be reached?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM

Post#7 » by No-Man » Tue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm

I don't see him as an All Star either, I see Batum, but I'd probably pick Batum 2nd-3rd in this Draft.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Marcus » Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Fischella wrote:I don't see him as an All Star either, I see Batum, but I'd probably pick Batum 2nd-3rd in this Draft.

So the Giannis love im seeing isn't necessarily because his ceiling is high for the league but more because his ceiling is much higher than the kids he was drafted with?

If that's the case then I can understand the love he's received, just when i've seen Giannis references people have put him in an elite class and i haven't seen enough to validate all that just yet.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#9 » by reanimator » Tue May 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Talent Chaser wrote:
2. Antetokounmpo
3. MCW
4. Oladipo
5. Steven Adams
6. Dieng
7. Burke
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk
10. Bennett

Ray McCallum is the 2nd best pg behind MCW.

I needed a good dose of humor this morning.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#10 » by No-Man » Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Marcus wrote:
Fischella wrote:I don't see him as an All Star either, I see Batum, but I'd probably pick Batum 2nd-3rd in this Draft.

So the Giannis love im seeing isn't necessarily because his ceiling is high for the league but more because his ceiling is much higher than the kids he was drafted with?

If that's the case then I can understand the love he's received, just when i've seen Giannis references people have put him in an elite class and i haven't seen enough to validate all that just yet.

Yes, at least for me that's the case.

I will probably draft him 5th in a redraft though, Just fit wise makes most sense.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#11 » by BadWolf » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Looking at latest games... Where would adams go? First to cavs? 3rd?
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#12 » by jpengland » Tue May 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Oladipo first
MCW second although I wouldn't personally as I think he falls soon.
Dieng
Adams
Noel
Giannis

Then it gets murky.

Hardaway Jr is currently a horrible player and I can't see him becoming even a decent long term starter.

Burke could be good.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#13 » by Fat » Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

jpengland wrote:Oladipo first
MCW second although I wouldn't personally as I think he falls soon.
Dieng
Adams
Noel
Giannis

Then it gets murky.

Hardaway Jr is currently a horrible player and I can't see him becoming even a decent long term starter.

Burke could be good.

lol what? he was one of the best looking rookies all season, He finished first in 3 pointers made (36%) hardaway was 4th in scoring playing 22 MPG + was very impressive and athletic with his finishing ability in transition. He was just named to the All-ROokie first team ontop of that. He's far from a horrible player, defensive wise you can say he's a horrible player if anything, even though i'd say he was just inexperienced and still learning the curve on that end but yeah if you want to speak on his bad defense i can understand that but i completely disagree about him being a horrible player
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
TeaM DimE
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#14 » by TeaM DimE » Tue May 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Steven Adams is grossly overrated. He hasnt done much besides getting under peoples skin and being the beneficiary of a big man on an elite team when he is getting easy Dunks because of the attention on Westy and KD. He has no jump shot, No post moves, nothing.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#15 » by tmorgan » Tue May 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Considering some of the guys on this list, leaving KCP completely off it is wrong.

Kid needs a coach with a plan. Now he has one, and should definitely be starting at the 2 all year with Stuckey off to greener pastures.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#16 » by mattg » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Marcus wrote:Is Giannis really that good?

is the ceiling really that high for this kid?

I've watched him a bit this year and i see the gifts and tools he has to work with but he still pretty much didn't do much this year on a team that allowed for more than ample opportunity to just go out there and showcase ability since they weren't going anywhere anyway.

What is it that you guys see in Giannis that puts him in that all-star/superstar class and in how many years do you think this potential will be reached?

It's hard to say since he's so young. His physical tools are absolutely elite and he has certain things that you can't teach (vision/passing, ambidexterity handling the ball, good instincts) so his upside is potentially through the roof.

I'd be wary of judging him in Larry drew's crap offense where he was related to standing in the corner as a spot up shooter. He wasn't used to his strengths whatsoever in addition to being so young.

In terms of how good Giannis could end up its a combination of things. His personality/work ethic/drive to improve seems top notch and he does play really hard every time he's on the court so that bodes well. His vision and passing ability is truly special for someone of his size, it's hard to think of other guys who had that that weren't great players. The aforementioned physical tools(and still growing!). He also gets to the free throw line at a high rate, shows potential as a 3pt shooter, is insane in transition, and could be an absolute monster on the defensive end. It's very possible that if everything went right Giannis could end up as a top 10 player in the nba, that's why people have him go high in redrafts, no one else in that class has his ceiling. I think the next 2 years will be very telling for good he becomes, especially looking at the development of his scoring repertoire.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,174

Post#17 » by AntetokounmBros » Tue May 27, 2014 7:16 pm

I thought Noel should have gone first as well. I was surprised when he dropped so far and it seems like a mistake looking at who was picked ahead of him.

As for Giannis, mattg summed it up pretty well. The reason everyone is so excited about him are his combination of tools that are hard to find a comparison for (6'10,6'11? kid with good handles, gets down the court in a blink, has point guard instincts, can finish at the rim with ease even in traffic, has shown potential with his jumper) add to that the fact that he's a good kid who loves the game and is exciting to watch...it's hard not to like him. He's out of position a lot on defense and makes mistakes, so he has to work on that. I'm waiting to see if he takes the next step this coming season assuming he is a bigger part of the offense.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Marcus » Tue May 27, 2014 7:33 pm

AntetokounmBros wrote:As for Giannis, mattg summed it up pretty well. The reason everyone is so excited about him are his combination of tools that are hard to find a comparison for (6'10,6'11? kid with good handles, gets down the court in a blink, has point guard instincts, can finish at the rim with ease even in traffic, has shown potential with his jumper) add to that the fact that he's a good kid who loves the game and is exciting to watch...it's hard not to like him. He's out of position a lot on defense and makes mistakes, so he has to work on that. I'm waiting to see if he takes the next step this coming season assuming he is a bigger part of the offense.

dont get me wrong i think the kid is talented and has excellent tools. like i said i watched him play this year and saw glimpses of that talent and those tools, I just didn't see this KD/Scottie Pippen hybrid folks were calling him. But time will tell
Watch More Basketball

Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#19 » by Notanoob » Tue May 27, 2014 8:16 pm

I think that the Cavs still try to win, so they would consider someone else #1 overall. They needed a SF or a C, so perhaps they reach bit for Adams or Deing? Or do they just draft Giannis, since he'll give them more than Bennett at a position of need?

IDK, hard to say, but Noel didn't fall to #6 for no reason. His knee must have looked really bad to drop him like that considering how weak the draft was. I don't think that he goes #1 overall. Probably 4th, since Cody Zeller didn't do much in year 1 with the Bobcats/Hornets. They wouldn't need him, but when he came back he could be brought along slowly, so as to build up trade value.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#20 » by tranjSAIC » Tue May 27, 2014 8:20 pm

2. Antetokounmpo
3. MCW
4. Oladipo
5. Steven Adams
6. Dieng
7. Burke
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk
10. Bennett

Seriously 6er fans, I know we all like to be homers, but no way can you put a guy who missed the whole year with an injury number one overall.

Return to NBA Draft