Are we all underestimating Vonleh?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Re: Are we all underestimating Vonleh? 

Post#61 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:31 am

Vonleh has a 9' reach and 11'7" no-step vert. He only needs to jump 12" to touch the rim.

I'll tell you this. With 12" hands, 9" reach, and 37" vert, I will be shocked if Vonleh is a "below the rim" player in the NBA. Absolutely shocked.

Watch the video here around the 1:00 mark where Vonleh looks like he's dunking one-handed on a nerf basket. It's ridiculous.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft201 ... -nba-draft
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#62 » by AQuintus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:41 am

EvanZ wrote:I'll tell you this. With 12" hands, 9" reach, and 37" vert, I will be shocked if Vonleh is a "below the rim" player in the NBA. Absolutely shocked.

He was a below the rim player in college. What make you think that will change against bigger, stronger, and better defenders in the NBA?

And again, that combine vert measurement is irreverent. He's not capable of jumping that high in actual game situations.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#63 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 am

AQuintus wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I'll tell you this. With 12" hands, 9" reach, and 37" vert, I will be shocked if Vonleh is a "below the rim" player in the NBA. Absolutely shocked.

He was a below the rim player in college. What make you think that will change against bigger, stronger, and better defenders in the NBA?

And again, that combine vert measurement is irreverent. He's not capable of jumping that high in actual game situations.

Uh. Did you watch that video? Watch the video buddy. Then tell me he can't get above the rim. :lol:

Combine his size, hands, ability to stretch the floor, and work ethic...I said before he should be the #2 pick after Embiid. Well, now he's the #1 pick in my opinion.

Just sit back and remember I told you so.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#64 » by Jazzfan12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:53 am

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Noah-Vonleh-6471/

14:00 onward shows a lot of Vonleh being unable to jump.

If a guy can jump 37 inches into the air, but it takes him forever to be able to actually jump, he's not a leaper.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#65 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:46 am

Jazzfan12 wrote:http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Noah-Vonleh-6471/

14:00 onward shows a lot of Vonleh being unable to jump.

If a guy can jump 37 inches into the air, but it takes him forever to be able to actually jump, he's not a leaper.

You can keep watching old video or watch newer video. Your choice. There's a difference between unable to do something and not doing it.

Return to NBA Draft