Jabari Parker weighed in at 255 @ Cavs workout.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,997
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Jabari Parker weighed in at 255 @ Cavs workout. 

Post#121 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:48 pm

He's definitely a lot quicker and more nimble than Pierce at 32+. He's honestly more mobile and agile than I thought.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#122 » by ManualRam » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:59 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgtUD2T7xw[/youtube]

he needs to keep the shot-creation to 18 ft and down. he can get his defender on his heels and take advantage with pull ups. unnecessarily creating shots from near the 3 pt line is stupid and it's something that parker tries to prove he can do. unless the shot clock is winding down, those are terrible shots.
mid-post, FT line extended, elbows. those are the areas he should be operating.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#123 » by ColdBlooded » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgtUD2T7xw[/youtube

This was the only game i didn't get to watch of his in the SL, so i cant really provide anything other than - good stat sheet.

His play in the Summer League overall makes me feel REAL confident in him being a huge disappointment.
Sam Hinkie crew.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#124 » by need4detroit » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:He's definitely a lot quicker and more nimble than Pierce at 32+. He's honestly more mobile and agile than I thought.

Not as quick as Pierce at 19 though.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,997
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#125 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:49 pm

need4detroit wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:He's definitely a lot quicker and more nimble than Pierce at 32+. He's honestly more mobile and agile than I thought.

Not as quick as Pierce at 19 though.

No, definitely not, but he is much bigger too.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,424

Post#126 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 am

ColdBlooded wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgtUD2T7xw[/youtube

This was the only game i didn't get to watch of his in the SL, so i cant really provide anything other than - good stat sheet.

His play in the Summer League overall makes me feel REAL confident in him being a huge disappointment.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#127 » by ColdBlooded » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm

StikWitEM wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/1e3303c5fa0a6b144758ef76651a2aa4/tumblr_inline_mu1z9wSuZi1r8ayy5.gif[/img

Favorite NBA team : Milwaukee Bucks

Sig: Save our bucks!

Sam Hinkie crew.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#128 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:33 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:

Hey, if you wanna believe that Summer League games make or break a player then by all means, believe it. Just think it's incredibly hasty is all.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#129 » by ColdBlooded » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 pm

StikWitEM wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:

Hey, if you wanna believe that Summer League games make or break a player then by all means, believe it. Just think it's incredibly hasty is all.

Oh no, im not judging him solely on SL play.

He seems to have translated his horrible shot selection + poor defense + poor conditioning to the Pros, which is why im confident in all my assessments i had on him before the SL began.
Sam Hinkie crew.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#130 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:

He seems to have translated his horrible shot selection + poor defense + poor conditioning to the Pros, which is why im confident in all my assessments i had on him before the SL began.

Shot selection and conditioning can be fixed. I agree he won't ever be a very good defender but I don't think he's going to bomb the way you make him out to be.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#131 » by ColdBlooded » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:39 pm

StikWitEM wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:

Shot selection and conditioning can be fixed. I agree he won't ever be a very good defender but I don't think he's going to bomb the way you make him out to be.

Both can be fixed, im just not sure Jabari can do it. He hasn't shown any hope that he can.
Sam Hinkie crew.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#132 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:58 pm

lol
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#133 » by miltk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:17 am

parker is half polynesian, and if you've ever visited hawaii or the like, low body fat is a genetic impossibility. they're built for football and their legs are like tree trunks. the kid got really fat when he had that injury in high school.

droppping weight might not be as good an option(it's a battle he'll always lose) as lifting and being the next charles barkley.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#134 » by bigboi » Wed Dec 3, 2014 3:05 am

Wait, where is this clown Cold Blooded? Nowhere to be seen when Parker is playing great, lololol at this guy.
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#135 » by ColdBlooded » Wed Dec 3, 2014 4:01 am

^ Yes, he had a great game today. I was actually watching it. Made good cuts and was aggressive around the rim. Had about 3-4 dunks.

What, do you want me bumping this after every bad/good game? He's not exactly lighting the league on fire.
Sam Hinkie crew.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#136 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Dec 3, 2014 5:44 am

ColdBlooded wrote:^ Yes, he had a great game today. I was actually watching it. Made good cuts and was aggressive around the rim. Had about 3-4 dunks.

What, do you want me bumping this after every bad/good game? He's not exactly lighting the league on fire.

Bout as good as any rookie right now.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#137 » by mattg » Wed Dec 3, 2014 10:16 am

ColdBlooded wrote:^ Yes, he had a great game today. I was actually watching it. Made good cuts and was aggressive around the rim. Had about 3-4 dunks.

He's been playing rather well the last few games and many of the criticisms about athleticism and defense seem wildly overblown. Not a good defender now because he gets lost mentally on that end at times, but he still makes a good amount of help defense plays that people scoffed at him being able to make. He'll assuredly be average on that with the potential to be better depending on his development. There shouldn't be any athleticism question marks really, he's big, strong, very explosive and quick off the dribble.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#138 » by E-Balla » Wed Dec 3, 2014 2:41 pm

He's better than all the other rookies so far and he's forcing a pretty good team to give him minutes with his play. The things you and many others hated about him offensively (his shot selection, lack of playmaking, lack of athleticism, lack of a true position) have all looked like their no issues (he's taking everything to the rim, passing well, burning PFs when they guard him, using his size and leaping ability to finish everything inside, and taking 16 footers instead of 22 foot jumpers).

This is a guy who was supposed to be handed the keys but instead he's stuck as just another piece with scrubby Brandon Knight driving the car. With a good PG or a worse team (where he and Gianni's would be allowed to try new things out) he'd probably look more impressive.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#139 » by bigboi » Wed Dec 3, 2014 9:41 pm

You just trashed him a few weeks ago, calling him Chubari Porker and all these unnecessary thing. All the things you were criticizing him on were basically wrong especially the athleticism part. He's not setting the league on fire YET, give him midseason when the Bucks start to give him more looks and look to center the offense more around him, he will set the league on fire. So far he's the best rookie.
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#140 » by ColdBlooded » Wed Dec 3, 2014 9:54 pm

No, my criticisms of him weren't wrong.( except the rebounding part, its translated well) He's a good run and jump athlete. I question his lateral quicks and his ability to defend SFs. He hasn't answered none of that. He's still selfish. He's not Shabazz Muhammad, who has no vision. Parker can see the floor, he just rather score than pass. His assist to turnover ratio at this moment proves that.

I agree, he's been the best rookie so far. Thats not saying much, as this class has been disappointing so far.

Its way to early in his rookie season to discuss any of this.
Sam Hinkie crew.

Return to NBA Draft