Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Rate Your Teams Draft 

Post#1 » by SBM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:21 pm

My Team

Hawks-F

Adreian Payne will be the 6th pick and pop stretch forward type player on this team. That makes no sense to me because he is not better than the players already on the team.
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Re: Rate Your Teams Draft 

Post#2 » by wickedwrister » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:48 am

Sixers - A

Hinkie for president.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#3 » by Amish Mafioso » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am

Utah A++

Lindsey for Master of the Universe
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#4 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:13 am

Raptors: C

We needed to swing for the fences and not settle for role players. Masai reached for a player that could potentially be one of the better ones in his class...or one of the worst. Meh, I like the risk just because if he ever fills out Bruno could be the exact player we need at small forward, but the possibility of him doing poorly is greater.
Read on Twitter
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#5 » by Golabki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Celtics - A

I've been saying Smart is the best player in the draft for months and my team got him... I don't love Young, but it's a defensible pick and if you get the best player at 6 you have to be happy.

The only thing that could have been better would be Love trade or a Rondo for 3 unprotected firsts trade.
Golabki
General Manager

Post#6 » by Golabki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Amish Mafioso wrote:Utah A++

Lindsey for Master of the Universe

I don't agree... I think Exum and Hood were both reaches, but admittedly, I'm in the minority.
dancooper
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#7 » by dancooper » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Spurs - A

They got an "awkard" type of player in Kyle Anderson, because of his athleticism for position, etc, etc, etc...

But that's really what the spurs are made of. they don't have superstarts (not like miami), they just have a group of players that know how to win being a TEAM, and kyle anderson is not known for being selfish, he distributes the ball really well. I'm really excited to see how is he going to develop on the spurs

and they got another european player in dangubic...
Golabki
General Manager

Post#8 » by Golabki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 pm

[quote="wickedwrister"]Sixers - A

Hinkie for president.[/quote]
Emiib and Saric are two great value picks and really demonstrate what you can do if you have a GM with a long-term mindset.

Micic is a great draft and stash pick... yet another long PG with a questionable jump shot.

Given a choice between Smith and Jackson... I'd probably take Smith, but Jackson is going to be plugged into the back-up PG slot and rack up stats on a bad sixers team. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson plays 25 MPG, averages 15/5 and gets traded for a late first rounder in a year.

McDaniels, Grant and McRae are all very long wings that project somewhere on the 3&D spectrum. I feel like they are going to have a round robin with 2 of the 3 in the NBA and 1 in the D-League and just rotate them through. The odds of any one of these guys turning into an NBA starter are pretty low... but one of the 3? the odds aren't terrible.

Great draft.
Golabki
General Manager

Post#9 » by Golabki » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:04 pm

dancooper wrote:Spurs - A

They got an "awkard" type of player in Kyle Anderson, because of his athleticism for position, etc, etc, etc...

But that's really what the spurs are made of. they don't have superstarts (not like miami), they just have a group of players that know how to win being a TEAM, and kyle anderson is not known for being selfish, he distributes the ball really well. I'm really excited to see how is he going to develop on the spurs

Anderson is a great value and plugging that combination of length and passing into the spurs system should scare everyone.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Utah - B+
Not crazy about the Hood pick and trading our second was a bit...odd...but Exum makes up for all of that.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Fo11ower91
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Fo11ower91 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:48 pm

A+

Wiggins was the right pick and Joe Harris could be the next Korver.
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#12 » by jsa » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:08 pm

76ers- 1st round D
2nd round A

They could have had the forward spot set for 10 years with Randle and McDermott. Adding them to Young, Noel and Carter-Williams is a talent base, yet they would not make the playoffs in 14/15, keeping their precious Boston pick. I don't get why they have to rebuild from nothing. Out of playoffs is not like middle of the pack forever ( i.e Atlanta) and they could be back in good form in 3 years.

They would have had two offensive forwards, two rookie defensive forwards who may learn to shoot, one excellent veteran who can do a lot (Young.). Shooting guard is an easy position to fill, as well as back-up point and center. When that was complete, and MCDermott and /or Randle emerge as a 20+ scorer, you got a club down the road.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#13 » by Fat » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Knicks A-

We started out having NO drafts picks the tyson/Felton trade sent us 2 picks in return and i feel we got the best out of them.

@34 Cleanthony Early im surprised he didn't get picked earlier if this draft wasn't so deep he would be first round talent, Fingers crossed we have a steal on our hands

@51 Thanis Antetokoumpo pretty sure i spelled it wrong lol (greek freaks bro) i like this pick at 51 i can see him playing on our D-League team for the time being but he has potential.. plays good D, energy, hard working player, his shot needs more work but i think he has potential to eventually be a 3D guy

We bought pacers 57th pick and stashed away some talent as well

I like the moves we made considering we had nothing to begin with.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#14 » by SBM » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:21 pm

If Exum can play the Jazz did really well but I am not a believer of his
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#15 » by wickedwrister » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:25 pm

jsa wrote:76ers- 1st round D
2nd round A

They could have had the forward spot set for 10 years with Randle and McDermott. Adding them to Young, Noel and Carter-Williams is a talent base, yet they would not make the playoffs in 14/15, keeping their precious Boston pick. I don't get why they have to rebuild from nothing. Out of playoffs is not like middle of the pack forever ( i.e Atlanta) and they could be back in good form in 3 years.

They would have had two offensive forwards, two rookie defensive forwards who may learn to shoot, one excellent veteran who can do a lot (Young.). Shooting guard is an easy position to fill, as well as back-up point and center. When that was complete, and MCDermott and /or Randle emerge as a 20+ scorer, you got a club down the road.

The combo on Randle and McDermott is high floor, low ceiling. You aren't coming close to a title with those guys being your center pieces and neither will ever be a 20 point scorer. Going for those guys would have represented the exact opposite of the Sixers plan which is to aim for home runs and superstars.

Also Thad is gone sooner than later so any long term plan that includes him is shot to begin with.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,921

Post#16 » by JN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Knicks A-

We started out having NO drafts picks the tyson/Felton trade sent us 2 picks in return and i feel we got the best out of them.

@34 Cleanthony Early im surprised he didn't get picked earlier if this draft wasn't so deep he would be first round talent, Fingers crossed we have a steal on our hands

@51 Thanis Antetokoumpo pretty sure i spelled it wrong lol (greek freaks bro) i like this pick at 51 i can see him playing on our D-League team for the time being but he has potential.. plays good D, energy, hard working player, his shot needs more work but i think he has potential to eventually be a 3D guy

Amusing how Knicks fan adds the second rounders traded for in his grade but ignores the fact that they lost a lottery pick via trade that resulted in a horrible team.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#17 » by Fat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:46 pm

JN wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Knicks A-

Amusing how Knicks fan adds the second rounders traded for in his grade but ignores the fact that they lost a lottery pick via trade that resulted in a horrible team.

ummm ok? im pretty sure everyone knows we lost a lotto pick in the melo trade.. i focused on the moves phil jackson made to attain draft picks for a deep draft and gave a grade for who we picked. Not sure whats so amusing about that but alrighty then glad to amuse you hope i made your day.

i could of sworn it said ("grade your teams draft, not your teams past") i did exactly what everyone else in the thread did, simply gave a grade for who my team drafted
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#18 » by Chriscross » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:46 pm

A- Overall

A+ to Bruno Caboclo: Thank you to Masai for taking a risk on Bruno Caboclo. Took the player with the highest potential and with some ready to go skills over everyone else who will be marginal contributors. Really excited to see him develop over the next couple of years. Even if he doesn't pan out, it was well worth the risk

C+ to DeAndre Daniels: Would have preferred Grant or Dinwiddle. I like Grant and his defensive ability and Dinwiddle and his scoring ability. Skills that could help our team right now especially when we took a RAW player with our 1st pick. Don't hate the pick but preferred other players.
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#19 » by jsa » Tue Jul 1, 2014 10:31 pm

The opposite of the 76ers plan is EXACTLY what would like to see.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#20 » by majortom71 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:06 am

Fo11ower91 wrote:A+

Wiggins was the right pick and Joe Harris could be the next Korver.

I feel bad for any rookie going to the Cavs... :nonono:

Return to NBA Draft