Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Good article on how Belein develops players 

Post#1 » by EricAnderson » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:35 pm

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on- ... s?v=1&vc=1

If I was a recruit I'd love to play for the guy unlike most college coaches he gives the players freedom and doesn't micromanage and has a track record of making them better
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Re: Good article on how Belein develops players 

Post#2 » by reanimator » Fri Jul 4, 2014 4:26 pm

"We watched Caris, and the biggest thing is that he has an August birthday," Beilein said. "We don't care about what year a player is. We want to know his birthday. When was he born? And Caris has an August birthday. He came to college at 17. … So we looked at Caris [when he was a senior] and said, 'What would he be like if he were a junior right now? Would we be recruiting him? Absolutely.' ... So that was a no-brainer for us, actually."

Smart, smart man.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#3 » by ManualRam » Fri Jul 4, 2014 5:01 pm

unfortunately kids and parents don't pay attention to stuff like this. some coaches have unfounded reputations for "developing" players or "getting them to the next level." other coaches like beilein actually do develop players.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#4 » by tmorgan » Mon Jul 7, 2014 7:40 pm

Beilein is a stud. As a fan of the program, it's actually even more awesome to watch guys with little to moderate hype come in and become forces in the conference. I just wish he was 51 instead of 61 -- or I hope he has the health and drive to coach into his 70's. It's nice to have a competitive, non-scandalous basketball program again.

Return to NBA Draft