2015 NBA Draft.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Re: 2015 NBA Draft. 

Post#461 » by ColdBlooded » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 am

2hard2guard wrote:The Knicks are where they are so time to sink and get a pick within the top 4 and must move up with there second pick to really make a change for the better.
Okafor or Towns would be my picks if Knicks get lucky,now they need to land Terry Rozier who is the real deal pg ! He prob will go bet 12-15 by draft time,if they can land him there is hope for poor New York fans !

9 games in - 21 assists : 19 turnovers.
Sam Hinkie crew.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#462 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 am

brackdan70 wrote:I can't really think of a better comparison really. but Turner has a bit of a bigger frame I believe. seems like maybe a little higher upside defensively than Aldridge. I think for his age he is more skilled than LA was back then. Upside is huge for this guy....but it seems a lot of his great games this season have been against weak competition. I'm impressed thus far though

No way he is more skilled.

He looks like Tyson Chandler did in HS.

Aldridge is much more fluid as an athlete.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#463 » by brackdan70 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Fischella wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:I can't really think of a better comparison really. but Turner has a bit of a bigger frame I believe. seems like maybe a little higher upside defensively than Aldridge. I think for his age he is more skilled than LA was back then. Upside is huge for this guy....but it seems a lot of his great games this season have been against weak competition. I'm impressed thus far though

No way he is more skilled.

He looks like Tyson Chandler did in HS.

Aldridge is much more fluid as an athlete.

I was talking about both at the same age...not comparing him to Aldridge now. Aldridge looks more fluid now for sure. I used the word skilled rather than fluid. If he turns out as good as Aldridge that is great!!!, but I think his ceiling is higher. clearly, like any 18yo he could be a bust as well.

some numbers for freshman year for both. per 40

2pt% 3pt% FT% BLK TRB Pts
.663 .000 .657 2.7 10.7 17.8 Aldridge
.571 .333 .884 6.1 13.8 24.6 Turner
Sign here
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#464 » by MotownMadness » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Marcus wrote:Did u guys watch the video. Myles looks like a two year guy at the moment

Yeah hes pretty raw, I still think Stanley Johnson is the second best player in this draft behind Okafor. His awareness and skillset should make a immediate impact in the NBA. Pistons have to get Johnson man, I really think hes going to be another Kawhi Leonard type. He will just impact the game even if its not filling up the stat sheets.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#465 » by ColdBlooded » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI79PplTns[/youtube]
Sam Hinkie crew.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#466 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI79PplTns[/youtube]

my favorite part was watching Stan fight through screens and deny ball and dude gets in his stance IMMEDIATELY once his man gets a touch. Love that mentality.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#467 » by reanimator » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Marcus wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI79PplTns[/youtube]

my favorite part was watching Stan fight through screens and deny ball and dude gets in his stance IMMEDIATELY once his man gets a touch. Love that mentality.

I wouldn't call any of those much of a "screen" but he looked great that game.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#468 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:23 pm

reanimator wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I wouldn't call any of those much of a "screen" but he looked great that game.

fair enough....i enjoyed watching Stanley step around poorly placed picks as if though they were properly set. speaks to his tenacity that he didn't just coast through them or take them lightly though he could have.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#469 » by tsmith » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Whos the best players out of Noel, Embiid, Okafor and Towns?

All the best centers from the recent drafts
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#470 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 pm

t_smith979 wrote:Whos the best players out of Noel, Embiid, Okafor and Towns?

Offensively Embiid , Okafor, Towns then Noel.

Defensively Embiid, Noel, Towns and Okafor.

Let's just the 76ers are going to be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of years.. Embiid and Noel are superior athletes I might add.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#471 » by Justwar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 pm

If you think Embiid is better defensively then Noel, you didn't see Noel in college. Completely different level. Okafor is better on offense then him too. Embiid is more potential then now.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#472 » by ManualRam » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:25 pm

if anthony davis isn't a C then neither is noel. noel's a freaking twig. davis has more bulk with a better frame and he still gets regularly bodied by stronger bigs . just look at what kanter did to him the other night. as an overall prospect i wouldn't put noel in the same tier as the other 3.

b/t embiid and okafor, it's close. embiid is mostly projection. joel has the athleticism over jah, but jah has the higher starting point, stronger base and better instincts. both could eventually be post hubs that an offense could be built around, but there's just so much uncertainty surrounding joel. okafor might not have as high of a ceiling but i think he has a greater likelihood of coming close to his bc i just think he has a better innate feel that he's developed since he was a kid. since he first started making waves locally around here, he was lauded for his advanced feel and maturity in his game for his age. he never drifted out to the perimeter trying to be a small forward or face up perimeter big. he didnt run away from the crowded paint and double, triple teams. his post game has been groomed since the infant stages of his development. it's ingrained in his system. i think he'll be a step ahead for a while. while other young bigs are working on developing a counter, he'll already master that and be onto 2nd and 3rd counters.

i'd put towns 3rd on the list. he's got great tools in terms of length. he's a smart kid. plays with good energy. his post game has been less than impressive though, even at this stage i think Cs that big and talented should at least have a decent baby hook. i mean, they could absolutely dominate at the HS level with that shot alone because there just aren't that many kids at that level who can deny 7' 240 lb+ Cs position. towns looks unconformable with the hook, even fading on the shot instead of taking advantage of his length. his body has weird proportions too. he's top heavy with a naturally weak lower body and big old boats for feet. his footwork looks clunky at times. i also worry about knee problems for bigs with his dimensions. he might not be knock kneed like bynum, but to me they have similar body types otherwise. i do like his potential as a pinch post type big who can play around the FT line extended/elbow areas because of his perimeter passing ability and jump shot potential.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#473 » by frothbrain » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 am

okafor is the truth. he has an amazing post game but also the awareness to pass out when double teamed.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#474 » by reanimator » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/546017409644380160[/tweet]

Been asking about Tyrone Wallace. His production is right there with Delon Wright, Jerian Grant, Levert, etc

GPIII is a bit old.

Also as great as Tyus Jones is on the offensive side of the ball, I have no doubt he will be near the bottom of PG's when gauging defensive prowess (which shouldn't be a huge issue on the right team). He struggles staying in front of anyone.
PMFJB
Banned User
And1: 647

Post#475 » by PMFJB » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Noel because no of the other guys has played 1 minute in the NBA.

Let them play then make a determination.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#476 » by ManualRam » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:38 pm

PMFJB wrote:

nah. i've seen noel play in the NBA and i'd take all 3 of those guys ahead of him today.
if you don't even try to project, what's the point of even visiting this sub-forum?
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#477 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:58 pm

ManualRam wrote:
PMFJB wrote:

nah. i've seen noel play in the NBA and i'd take all 3 of those guys ahead of him today.
if you don't even try to project, what's the point of even visiting this sub-forum?

This, I don't understand why people come in scouting threads and ask why people are making judgments, projections and predictions.

I agree with you by the way, I would take the other 3 over Noel, and I've never been a harsh or pessimistic critic of Noel either.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#478 » by Catchall » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:57 am

Embiid's variety of health issues bother me to the point I just wouldn't bet a franchise's fortunes on him.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#479 » by Marcus » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 pm

41-7 at the half. Kentucky too deep. love the point Greg Anthony made about Kentucky's plethora of 1st rounders learning how to play with other talented guys. should help them heading into the league.
Watch More Basketball

reanimator
Analyst

Post#480 » by reanimator » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Levert needs another year. Russell does, too. Obviously tons of guys leave who could use extra years.

Wow @ that UK-UCLA score

Return to NBA Draft