Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: 2015 NBA Draft. 

Post#1221 » by Marcus » Mon May 18, 2015 10:37 pm

reanimator wrote:
Marcus wrote:
reanimator wrote:Keep in mind, Trimble is old for his class. He is only 6 months younger than LeVert, for example.

speaking of Caris you think he plays more 1 with Battle coming in or is Battle pretty much locked in as a 2 and through guy sitting behind Caris?

Battle comes in the year after next and will slide into that role day 1

duh. he's in the freak class. my bad.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1222 » by No-Man » Mon May 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Trimble is going to be more of a facilitator this season, Maryland is crazy loaded.
I forgot about Demetrius Jackson, he could be the 1st PG off the board next year.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1223 » by Marcus » Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Fischella wrote:Trimble is going to be more of a facilitator this season, Maryland is crazy loaded.
I forgot about Demetrius Jackson, he could be the 1st PG off the board next year.

You think he presents a better pro package than Dunn?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,262

Post#1224 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Trimble is a very big kid. Like almost 200 lbs. But he's also muscle. He also is pretty athletic, but the thing I like about him the most is he rarely turns the ball over, he can get to the line and he can get his own. It was hard to distribute on that Maryland team last year, but this year that shouldn't be a problem. His addition alone turned Maryland into a Big Ten contender.

He also has the confidence you want in a lead guard. Like he doesn't think anyone can guard him. I would say he reminds me a less explosive Marbury, but without the hype and crazy, so he might do better. Strong, poised, good finisher, great free throw shooter and he has a jumpshot. Seems like one of those guys who comes in as a pro and is nails.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1225 » by Marcus » Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Trimble is a very big kid. Like almost 200 lbs. But he's also muscle. He also is pretty athletic, but the thing I like about him the most is he rarely turns the ball over, he can get to the line and he can get his own. It was hard to distribute on that Maryland team last year, but this year that shouldn't be a problem. His addition alone turned Maryland into a Big Ten contender.

He also has the confidence you want in a lead guard. Like he doesn't think anyone can guard him. I would say he reminds me a less explosive Marbury, but without the hype and crazy, so he might do better. Strong, poised, good finisher, great free throw shooter and he has a jumpshot. Seems like one of those guys who comes in as a pro and is nails.

sounds like somebody to be on the lookout for.
Watch More Basketball

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,262

Post#1226 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Demetrius Jackson is some kind of an athlete too. He's a very solid player. Yet another reason Dunn made a mistake coming back to school.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1227 » by No-Man » Mon May 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Trimble is somewhat similar to Billups.
Jackson to a more poised, less bulky/athletic Bledsoe.
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#1228 » by nickforthreee » Tue May 19, 2015 12:07 am

another name to add to this discussion is Allonzo Trier
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1229 » by No-Man » Tue May 19, 2015 1:19 am

Trier is not a PG in any shape or form, he is probably going to play starting SF for AZ.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#1230 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue May 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Any of y'all think Mario Hezonja is underrated right now in the top 10?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1231 » by Marcus » Tue May 19, 2015 4:05 pm

nickforthreee wrote:another name to add to this discussion is Allonzo Trier

not a PG by any means. absolute gunner that can pull a few passes out once and a while to surprise you here and there. Should be a wonderful college player as he just gets buckets. Not so sure about how good a pro he can/will be.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1232 » by Marcus » Tue May 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Any of y'all think Mario Hezonja is underrated right now in the top 10?

not really. I think he's lumped in with every other lotto pick that's not top four right now.

After Towns, Jah, D-Lo, and Manny its pretty much a toss up as far who folks have in the 5 spot and beyond. Mario falls in that group.
Watch More Basketball

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue May 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Marcus wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Any of y'all think Mario Hezonja is underrated right now in the top 10?

not really. I think he's lumped in with every other lotto pick that's not top four right now.

After Towns, Jah, D-Lo, and Manny its pretty much a toss up as far who folks have in the 5 spot and beyond. Mario falls in that group.

I guess what I'm asking is, should he receive consideration for top 4? I mean, this guy might be the next big thing as far as International players go, from what I read, and I'm seeing him being mocked at 7 or 8 - I think he's potentially a steal in that range. If a GM has scouted him well and done its homework on him, there's a huge opportunity there for a team to trade up to get him if he falls to 7 or 8. So, that's what I mean when I say underrated.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#1234 » by King Ken » Tue May 19, 2015 4:27 pm

No, he's a player who some see as a potential star and others see as a role player. Most have in the top 10 simply due to his potential. I see him as someone who's where Rubio at. Impactful but not franchise block.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#1235 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

King Ken wrote:

No, he's a player who some see as a potential star and others see as a role player. Most have in the top 10 simply due to his potential. I see him as someone who's where Rubio at. Impactful but not franchise block.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just going off of reports on the guy, and they say he could be the next international star. And you look at his TS%, he's been at 58%, 59% respectively the past couple of seasons at Barcelona. Because of his ability to shoot (and off the dribble at that) with that athleticism, I'd say he has a chance.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1236 » by doordoor123 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:35 pm

King Ken wrote:

I'm really not sold on most of these wings. I was earlier, but I want a refund.

The few wings (that aren't also point guards) I like are Hollis-Jefferson, Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre, Justin Anderson and Norman Powell. I think there will be a fair number of busts in this draft because #1 everyone is super young and #2 a lot of weird playing styles or weird bodies.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1237 » by King Ken » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
King Ken wrote:

The few wings (that aren't also point guards) I like are Hollis-Jefferson, Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre, Justin Anderson and Norman Powell. I think there will be a fair number of busts in this draft because #1 everyone is super young and #2 a lot of weird playing styles or weird bodies.

Most of them are system players. Some need a crap load of development. Look at Oubre, while he's more talented out of college than Harkless was, Harkless was better out of college and look at him today. He's barely average. It takes time and the right system for some of these kids.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1238 » by doordoor123 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm

King Ken wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
King Ken wrote:No, he's a player who some see as a potential star and others see as a role player. Most have in the top 10 simply due to his potential. I see him as someone who's where Rubio at. Impactful but not franchise block.

Most of them are system players. Some need a crap load of development. Look at Oubre, while he's more talented out of college than Harkless was, Harkless was better out of college and look at him today. He's barely average. It takes time and the right system for some of these kids.

I actually think Oubre is going to come in the league and play really well right away. I think it'll be much like Wiggins, who no one really thought was ready in his first season. There's something about that Kansas system that makes players seem more passive and confused.
But yeah, I'm just really not confident at all in a lot of these players (at least right now). I was much more confident in the talent last season and even the season before.
I just feel like a lot of these players are overhyped and so don't think there is enough evidence to say otherwise. Granted, I really like Towns, Russell and Mudiay. After that, I'm just up and down on everyone. I even like Okafor because we know what he is and it's pretty clear what he'll become. Guys like Frank Kaminsky I just can't get a read on. I guess I just think there is big boom or bust potebtial in this draft. I should say role-player or bust potential.
I've been following all year and I've never felt so uncomfortable with so many picks.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1239 » by King Ken » Tue May 19, 2015 6:49 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I actually think Oubre is going to come in the league and play really well right away. I think it'll be much like Wiggins, who no one really thought was ready in his first season. There's something about that Kansas system that makes players seem more passive and confused.
But yeah, I'm just really not confident at all in a lot of these players (at least right now). I was much more confident in the talent last season and even the season before.
I just feel like a lot of these players are overhyped and so don't think there is enough evidence to say otherwise. Granted, I really like Towns, Russell and Mudiay. After that, I'm just up and down on everyone. I even like Okafor because we know what he is and it's pretty clear what he'll become. Guys like Frank Kaminsky I just can't get a read on. I guess I just think there is big boom or bust potebtial in this draft. I should say role-player or bust potential.
I've been following all year and I've never felt so uncomfortable with so many picks.

I love Oubre but he's no where near Wiggins in terms of readiness for the NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1240 » by doordoor123 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:35 pm

King Ken wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Most of them are system players. Some need a crap load of development. Look at Oubre, while he's more talented out of college than Harkless was, Harkless was better out of college and look at him today. He's barely average. It takes time and the right system for some of these kids.

I love Oubre but he's no where near Wiggins in terms of readiness for the NBA.

I don't think he's as ready as Wiggins, but he sticks to his man on defense, he's long and can get hot from three. That alone should give him minutes and opportunity. I think he'll get minutes and he'll be able to contribute. Won't be averaging 15 points a game and won't be starting. Maybe more like LaVine.

Return to NBA Draft