2015 Draft Class Better Top 3 Prospects Than 2014?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Re: 2015 Draft Class Better Top 3 Prospects Than 2014? 

Post#41 » by rumdiary » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:50 pm

MCDubbin wrote:I think we can all agree on that 2014 draft class was really overhyped.

This is the kinda sentence I start with when I'm telling a joke. There is currently no decent frame of reference to verify any of the things you're claiming dude.

It's 2007 and I think we can all agree that Greg Oden will be better than Kevin Durant, we have afterall just watched the Summer League.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#42 » by E-Balla » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:52 pm

ManualRam wrote:towns' build kinda scares me. he's naturally top heavy and his legs go all over the place.
his gait reminds me of bynum's. i wonder if all that armor around his knees is strictly precautionary.

I know but he's built like Bynum but he plays like a Bynum/Horford hybrid. That's too promising. He could easily be the next great C.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#43 » by ColdBlooded » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:54 pm

immortalone23 wrote:I feel like Towns won't get much burn with Dakari and WCS in the lineup.

Towns is better than Dakari.

I envision a Towns + WCS starting frontcourt.
Sam Hinkie crew.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#44 » by ManualRam » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:54 pm

GC Pantalones wrote:
ManualRam wrote:towns' build kinda scares me. he's naturally top heavy and his legs go all over the place.
his gait reminds me of bynum's. i wonder if all that armor around his knees is strictly precautionary.

I know but he's built like Bynum but he plays like a Bynum/Horford hybrid. That's too promising. He could easily be the next great C.

i was just talking about his build. he looks like bad knees waiting to happen.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#45 » by ColdBlooded » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 pm

LloydFree wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
LloydFree wrote:A few months ago didn't you say Julius Randle reminded you of Lebron James?

Ummm no godamn way lol

My apologies. It was not you. It was Fischella and Dr Positivity. :D

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1265991&start=40

Dr Positivity wrote:
Fischella wrote:Right now, Randle best comp is poor man LeBron James...

Yep, Lebron might be closest comparison to Randle's combo of height, strength and explosiveness in the league... Have Randle ahead of Wiggins. I consider Randle's athleticism more valuable...

Wow.
Sam Hinkie crew.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#46 » by Marcus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 pm

GC Pantalones wrote:
Marcus wrote:
GC Pantalones wrote:The top 3 to me were Parker, Embiid, and Exum. If I had to rank between the 2 classes Okafor is the best of all 6 but Mudiay and Alexander are the bottom two. Here's my rankings:

Okafor
Parker
Embiid
Towns Jr
Exum
Mudiay
Smart
Alexander

Yeah Towns Jr. would make them better but I don't think people are too high on him yet.

When u say Okafor is the best do u mean most NBA ready entering the league? Cause I can agree with that. But upside wise no sir.

Upside is how fools convince themselves to pick bad players. It almost guarantees a bust. In a few rare cases a Paul George or Westbrook will come out but guys like Love and Rose are more consistently good (only Beasley didn't work out recently that had the skills and everything).

in others words yes. got it.

sidenote I thought Rose was drafted over Beasley because of the higher upside or am I remembering that wrong?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#47 » by Marcus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 pm

GC Pantalones wrote:

wouldn't Towns be a case of upside over readiness?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#48 » by E-Balla » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 am

Marcus wrote:
GC Pantalones wrote:
Marcus wrote:
When u say Okafor is the best do u mean most NBA ready entering the league? Cause I can agree with that. But upside wise no sir.

Upside is how fools convince themselves to pick bad players. It almost guarantees a bust. In a few rare cases a Paul George or Westbrook will come out but guys like Love and Rose are more consistently good (only Beasley didn't work out recently that had the skills and everything).

in others words yes. got it.

sidenote I thought Rose was drafted over Beasley because of the higher upside or am I remembering that wrong?

Let me rephrase that because that came out all wrong. I meant to say that if your potential is all talk no show (think Embiid vs Wiggins - Embiid dominated when he stayed out of foul trouble and Wiggins showed a lack of handles, skills, and the ability to use his athleticism) I don't trust it. Mudiay falls into that for me (so no top spot unless I see something), Embiid has a giant injury concern, Parker is great but I still like Okafor better, and Alexander falls into that category too for now. Exum might rank higher when I think about it.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#49 » by E-Balla » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:24 am

Marcus wrote:
GC Pantalones wrote:

wouldn't Towns be a case of upside over readiness?

He already has a decent post game and a good jumper and he's a high schooler. For his stage in development he's far from raw but yes I am assuming he continues to improve.
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#50 » by MCDubbin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 am

rumdiary wrote:
MCDubbin wrote:I think we can all agree on that 2014 draft class was really overhyped.

This is the kinda sentence I start with when I'm telling a joke. There is currently no decent frame of reference to verify any of the things you're claiming dude.

It's 2007 and I think we can all agree that Greg Oden will be better than Kevin Durant, we have afterall just watched the Summer League.

You are an idiot
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Post#51 » by rumdiary » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 am

MCDubbin wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

You are an idiot

haha based on what? There's only a tiny amount of sample to base your decision on. :crazy:

"The problem with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, whilst the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#52 » by immortalone23 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:24 pm

The more I watch game tape, the more I feel Andrew Wiggins is another Nic Batum and Jabari is similar to Granger.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#53 » by Jazzfan12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:56 pm

GC Pantalones wrote:
Marcus wrote:
GC Pantalones wrote:The top 3 to me were Parker, Embiid, and Exum. If I had to rank between the 2 classes Okafor is the best of all 6 but Mudiay and Alexander are the bottom two. Here's my rankings:

Okafor
Parker
Embiid
Towns Jr
Exum
Mudiay
Smart
Alexander

Yeah Towns Jr. would make them better but I don't think people are too high on him yet.

Evan Turner?
Otto Porter?
Ammo?
OJ Mayo?
Wesley Johnson?
Derrick Williams?
Thomas Robinson?
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#54 » by E-Balla » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Jazzfan12 wrote:
GC Pantalones wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Evan Turner? He still had one gigantic flaw (no jumpshot). I thought he'd be good but not really all that great and I thought most agreed at the time

Otto Porter? 1, the jury is still out on him and 2, he's barely a lotto pick in most drafts

Ammo? Lol no. He was not that good

OJ Mayo? If anything this is a good potential comp because if USC OJ was the finished OJ nobody should've taken him. I wasn't high on OJ until about halfway through his rookie season and I liked EG more because of how great he was before his injury in college

Wesley Johnson? He was like 24. True I wanted him to succeed being a Cause fan but I never really expected it

Derrick Williams? No one thought he'd be great. David West was his comp

Thomas Robinson? Fooled me but I didn't think he was that good. Just the field wasn't good either. Davis and Beal were the only future all stars I thought would come from this class.

Okafor is being compared to greats, has no athleticism issues (not the quickest but he's a power big so he doesn't need to be) and a great skill set. Just like Jabari I feel people are trying to downgrade his athleticism to find a flaw.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#55 » by ColdBlooded » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:02 pm

immortalone23 wrote:The more I watch game tape, the more I feel Andrew Wiggins is another Nic Batum and Jabari is similar to Granger.

Batum can handle the ball and has the vision + passing ability to set up his teammates. Wiggins struggles at those things at this stage of his career.

Time to watch more game tape.
Sam Hinkie crew.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by immortalone23 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:The more I watch game tape, the more I feel Andrew Wiggins is another Nic Batum and Jabari is similar to Granger.

Batum can handle the ball and has the vision + passing ability to set up his teammates. Wiggins struggles at those things at this stage of his career.

Time to watch more game tape.

Lmao I meant poor man's but oh well.
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#57 » by Dukenukem23 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am

2015 will be the best big man draft in a decade.
NoKneeBledsoe
Junior
And1: 92

Post#58 » by NoKneeBledsoe » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:07 am

EricAnderson wrote:I'd still take 2014 but the class was overhyped in that guys like wiggins and Parker were said to be once a decade franchise changing talents like a bron/Duncan/kd etc when they clearly werent

I guess Wiggins and Parker's careers are already over.

:noway: People are ridiculous. Let them play a damn game
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#59 » by immortalone23 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 pm

NoKneeBledsoe wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:I'd still take 2014 but the class was overhyped in that guys like wiggins and Parker were said to be once a decade franchise changing talents like a bron/Duncan/kd etc when they clearly werent

I'm sure that Summer League is indicative of their professional career's success. :noway:
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#60 » by wolves_fan_82au » Mon Aug 4, 2014 7:51 pm

MCDubbin wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

You are an idiot

lol and u arent ???? seriously how is it overhyped when they havent played a single nba game ???
no one can make that decsion based of summer league and college
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito

Return to NBA Draft