2015 Draft Class Better Top 3 Prospects Than 2014?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: 2015 Draft Class Better Top 3 Prospects Than 2014? 

Post#81 » by Marcus » Mon Sep 8, 2014 8:57 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
rumdiary wrote:I am still really high on Exum, he looks like Kobe on the court with an unselfish floor-general's mindset.

That being said he's VERY "soft". His dunks are all anti-climaxes and he avoids contact a lot. Also he had 10 months off and still didn't really learn how to shoot, even though he said he focused on that area of his game.

Exum's ceiling is still higher than Marcus Smart's, but Smart's already got perimeter defending nailed down and, at the moment, looks to be a safer bet, even if he's not as exciting a prospect.

I almost stopped reading after "he looks like Kobe".... You are right though, he is VERY SOFT!

Has anyone seen him play for Australia??? Not looking good! This kid is ALL HYPE!!

You should be very happy with Smart because he will turn out to be a better player than Exum.

i was waiting for something about Exum and his FIBA performance from you.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Post#82 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 12:05 pm

Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
rumdiary wrote:I am still really high on Exum, he looks like Kobe on the court with an unselfish floor-general's mindset.

That being said he's VERY "soft". His dunks are all anti-climaxes and he avoids contact a lot. Also he had 10 months off and still didn't really learn how to shoot, even though he said he focused on that area of his game.

Exum's ceiling is still higher than Marcus Smart's, but Smart's already got perimeter defending nailed down and, at the moment, looks to be a safer bet, even if he's not as exciting a prospect.

I almost stopped reading after "he looks like Kobe".... You are right though, he is VERY SOFT!

Has anyone seen him play for Australia??? Not looking good! This kid is ALL HYPE!!

You should be very happy with Smart because he will turn out to be a better player than Exum.

Well what's your defense there? Every time we've seen him play against nba caliber players he has disappointed.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#83 » by Marcus » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:14 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

Well what's your defense there? Every time we've seen him play against nba caliber players he has disappointed.

not saying he hasn't been bad and I've been critical of Exum since the first clip I saw of him. just saying I had a feeling you would jump all over this chance to throw another shot at him because he's not wearing a Magic jersey.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#84 » by ManualRam » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:01 pm

??
he just turned 19. exum probably shouldn't even be on the team given his lack of experience playing vs men.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

not saying he hasn't been bad and I've been critical of Exum since the first clip I saw of him. just saying I had a feeling you would jump all over this chance to throw another shot at him because he's not wearing a Magic jersey.

I'm not throwing shots at him because he isn't wearing a Magic Jersey! I honestly don't think he is worth all the hype he is getting. Do I think Payton is better, yes but I have serious doubts about Aaron Gordon who we picked ahead of Exum. If we drafted Exum and he was playing this bad I would be saying the same thing! I was very worried seeing Aaron Gordon struggle in summer league as well, but he isn't part of this thread, so no sense in bringing him up.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#86 » by Marcus » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:53 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

I'm not throwing shots at him because he isn't wearing a Magic Jersey! I honestly don't think he is worth all the hype he is getting. Do I think Payton is better, yes but I have serious doubts about Aaron Gordon who we picked ahead of Exum. If we drafted Exum and he was playing this bad I would be saying the same thing! I was very worried seeing Aaron Gordon struggle in summer league as well, but he isn't part of this thread, so no sense in bringing him up.

how bout we let them all play before coming to a final decision about who is or isn't a bust?
Watch More Basketball

OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:58 pm

Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

how bout we let them all play before coming to a final decision about who is or isn't a bust?

Who said anything about either being a bust? Do I think he is overrated... YES. I also think a lot of Magic fans have overated Payton as well, but from what I've seen so far Payton has played better in the limited time against grown men.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#88 » by Marcus » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:09 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:Who said anything about either being a bust? Do I think he is overrated... YES. I also think a lot of Magic fans have overated Payton as well, but from what I've seen so far Payton has played better in the limited time against grown men.

like i said earlier. had a feeling you would pop up and throw an Exum shot at some point with his poor FIBA performances and you did. simple as that.

and for the talk about Gordon also being a project (like Exum) you haven't been nearly as critical in your post about him. just speaks to lack of objectivity that's all. you're a Magic fan and thats fine. Just saying i had a feeling you'd say something about Exum's bad play.
Watch More Basketball

OrlMagic05
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by OrlMagic05 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:Who said anything about either being a bust? Do I think he is overrated... YES. I also think a lot of Magic fans have overated Payton as well, but from what I've seen so far Payton has played better in the limited time against grown men.

like i said earlier. had a feeling you would pop up and throw an Exum shot at some point with his poor FIBA performances and you did. simple as that.

and for the talk about Gordon also being a project (like Exum) you haven't been nearly as critical in your post about him. just speaks to lack of objectivity that's all. you're a Magic fan and thats fine. Just saying i had a feeling you'd say something about Exum's bad play.

Are you a Jazz fan? lol Whatever dude I'm just stating the obvious about Exum's performance during FIBA. And yes I have been very critical of Gordon, but Gordon wasn't brought up in this topic. BTW I think you have me confused with another poster, This is the only topic where i've said anything bad about Exum and thats mainly because of his horrible performance.

Return to NBA Draft