Charalampopoulos
Egemen Guven

MVP is Egemen Guven from Turkey
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Re: U18 European Championship 

Post#22 » by Rosque » Sun Aug 3, 2014 8:15 pm

Bender is next great wing player. Book it.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 148

Post#23 » by pohani komarac » Sun Aug 3, 2014 9:50 pm

He is one of best prospects in world. But he is not wing. He is pure PF. He has clear position.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#24 » by freestyler34 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 10:54 pm

pohani komarac wrote:He is one of best prospects in world. But he is not wing. He is pure PF. He has clear position.

Furkan Korkmaz from Turkey is extremely talented as well has the whole package length,shooting,Athleticism,Defence watch out for the kid, Bender is also very skilled player has a bright future
berkkobe7
Senior
And1: 419

Re: Ynt: U18 European Championship 

Post#25 » by berkkobe7 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:12 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:He is one of best prospects in world. But he is not wing. He is pure PF. He has clear position.

Furkan Korkmaz from Turkey is extremely talented as well has the whole package length,shooting,Athleticism,Defence watch out for the kid, Bender is also very skilled player has a bright future

He is the best 97 born player in europe and better than sviatoslav myhkhailuk.

Sent from my SM-G900FQ using RealGM Forums mobile app
JustMagic
Senior
And1: 24

Post#26 » by JustMagic » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:18 pm

Bender is also 97 (and actually still only 16 y/o) and is better than both of them.
Mikhailiuk played in Div B So it's harder to compare him, but Korkmaz didn't dominate as much as bender did in 3-4 games. He was good and showed potential but wasn't dominating.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by freestyler34 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 11:08 pm

JustMagic wrote:Bender is also 97 (and actually still only 16 y/o) and is better than both of them.
Mikhailiuk played in Div B So it's harder to compare him, but Korkmaz didn't dominate as much as bender did in 3-4 games. He was good and showed potential but wasn't dominating.

Bender is a PF and Korkmaz is SG, its easy to dominate as a big in youth tournaments also Turkish team was stacked with talent Korkmaz didnt need to dominate or jack up shots
JustMagic
Senior

Post#28 » by JustMagic » Thu Aug 7, 2014 8:46 am

First of all the Croatian team was probably the most stacked team in the past years, so obviously more stacked than Turkey.
They lost only because Turkey had an amazing day for 3pt (10 of 18) while Croatia had a bad day 35.9% from the field. All in front of 7,000 loud Turkish fans, which are a hude advantage when the players are 17-18 y/o.

Also, Bender played mainly as a PF but he didn't dominate because of superior size or strengh like many real "bigs" do. He did it while shooting 3's, running for fast-breaks, penetrating the defense.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by freestyler34 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:08 am

JustMagic wrote:First of all the Croatian team was probably the most stacked team in the past years, so obviously more stacked than Turkey.
They lost only because Turkey had an amazing day for 3pt (10 of 18) while Croatia had a bad day 35.9% from the field. All in front of 7,000 loud Turkish fans, which are a hude advantage when the players are 17-18 y/o.

Also, Bender played mainly as a PF but he didn't dominate because of superior size or strengh like many real "bigs" do. He did it while shooting 3's, running for fast-breaks, penetrating the defense.

Bender played 29 MPG, with 48/104 %46 shooting, 12/36 %32 3pts as a Big
Korkmaz 20 MPG, 36/65 %55 FG, 16/23 %69 3pts, as a Guard

As you can see Bender tried a little harder with his shooting, i know he had lots of rebounds and assists but he also played more minutes, dont get me wrong i never said Bender is not skilled enough if you look at my first post i said he has a bright future but IMO Korkmaz is a unique player, if you watched the final game u must have noticed, did u see his steal and dunk ? or how hes hitting 3's without hesitation, like i said before with his lenght,athleticism and shooting IMO hes a unique player
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 148

Post#30 » by pohani komarac » Thu Aug 7, 2014 8:05 pm

Don't like to argue with anyone, but in my opinion Bender and Mikhyliuk potetial is 2 levels above Korkomaz. Bender and Mikhyliuk are world's elite prospects, potential all star players. Korkomaz is level of Rudy-Giricek
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by freestyler34 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 9:04 pm

pohani komarac wrote:Don't like to argue with anyone, but in my opinion Bender and Mikhyliuk potetial is 2 levels above Korkomaz. Bender and Mikhyliuk are world's elite prospects, potential all star players. Korkomaz is level of Rudy-Giricek

Its Korkmaz btw not "Korkomaz" , well since you guys claimed Croatia was stacked than Turkey and Bender is at least 2 level above Korkmaz, they should have won easily right ? also lol at Bender being an All-Star level prospect and Korkmaz is Giricek :lol:
JustMagic
Senior

Post#32 » by JustMagic » Fri Aug 8, 2014 9:46 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:Don't like to argue with anyone, but in my opinion Bender and Mikhyliuk potetial is 2 levels above Korkomaz. Bender and Mikhyliuk are world's elite prospects, potential all star players. Korkomaz is level of Rudy-Giricek

Its Korkmaz btw not "Korkomaz" , well since you guys claimed Croatia was stacked than Turkey and Bender is at least 2 level above Korkmaz, they should have won easily right ? also lol at Bender being an All-Star level prospect and Korkmaz is Giricek :lol:

I thought I've explained that before, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Croatia was more "stacked" not because I think Bender or Mazalin are better than Korkmaz and Guven, but because Croatia had one of the top 96 prospects (Arapovic), 3 top 10 prospects of 97 born players (Mazalin, Bender and Zizic), another very good forward with great size and super atheltism (Slavica) and some good shooters. And all in one team!

So why they lost? Well... first of all all can happen in one game knock-out. Second, he game was in Turkey with 7,000 Turkish loud fans. That amount and quality of crowd effects pros, so how do you think it effects 17-18 year old players who used playing in front of 50-100 people tops before that game??

I'm not saying Turkey didn't deserve to win the championship. All in all they were the best TEAM.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#33 » by peZt » Sat Aug 9, 2014 6:02 pm

JustMagic wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

I thought I've explained that before, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Croatia was more "stacked" not because I think Bender or Mazalin are better than Korkmaz and Guven, but because Croatia had one of the top 96 prospects (Arapovic), 3 top 10 prospects of 97 born players (Mazalin, Bender and Zizic), another very good forward with great size and super atheltism (Slavica) and some good shooters. And all in one team!

So why they lost? Well... first of all all can happen in one game knock-out. Second, he game was in Turkey with 7,000 Turkish loud fans. That amount and quality of crowd effects pros, so how do you think it effects 17-18 year old players who used playing in front of 50-100 people tops before that game??

I'm not saying Turkey didn't deserve to win the championship. All in all they were the best TEAM.

Going by that logic we had some of the best players in 96 generation (Egemen Guven, Okben Ulubay, Tolga Gecim and Berk Ugurlu) and one of the best in the 97 generation with Furkan Korkmaz.

Yes we played better as a team and had home advantage, but we were also just as talented as the croatians. Don't forget this exact turkish team also won the U16 championship 2 years ago.

But I agree that Dragan Bender was above anyone else in this tournament from a pure potential standpoint. Maybe the european prospect with the most star potential in the last decade or so.
But I don't agree that mikhayluk is 2 levels above Korkmaz. He is maybe a bit better now but the way Korkmaz has developed the last 2-3 years I could see him overtake mykhailuk in a few years.
karl25
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#34 » by karl25 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 8:37 pm

peZt wrote:
Yes we played better as a team and had home advantage, but we were also just as talented as the croatians. Don't forget this exact turkish team also won the U16 championship 2 years ago.

They also won the U18 last year in Latvia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Europ ... Division_A

FIBA Europe @FIBAEurope · 3. Aug.
@TurkishBBall are the first team to be crowned back-to-back #FIBAEuropeU18 champions since Yugoslavia in 1988.

Okben Ulubay, Berk Ugurlu, Egemen Guven, Ogulcan Baykan won their third gold medals
JustMagic
Senior

Post#35 » by JustMagic » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 am

peZt wrote:
Going by that logic we had some of the best players in 96 generation (Egemen Guven, Okben Ulubay, Tolga Gecim and Berk Ugurlu) and one of the best in the 97 generation with Furkan Korkmaz.

Maybe, but i'm not Croatian and still I knew about 5 of their players because many site talked about them and ranked them. From the Turkish team I only knew about Korkmaz and Ulubai (and thats also mainly because of the age-faking story). So maybe guys like Guven, Gecim and Ugurlu were underrated, but they were'nt ranked as high as the Croatian prospects.
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#36 » by Apollo64 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Medals mean literally nothing at this stage, it's all about players individually and what possible future do they have.

Return to NBA Draft