Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Re: Analytical Analysis: Julius Randle vs. Anthony Bennett 

Post#21 » by Mr Sixer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:37 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:haha, just wait until you watch this guy for an entire season. You'll be saying the same thing.

Seriously he rarely tries to do anything other than just shoot jumpers. He shoots whether he's open or not. It's a shame because he has such a big frame, strong, long and athletic so he should attack but alas he just bails out the defense every time with a jumper. Maybe it's a bad habit he developed from playing injured last season so he didnt want to expose himself to more injury, and I'll admit I didnt watch him much in college but this is a definite problem he needs to work on.

Randle is always in attack mode, drawing fouls, battling in the paint making tough shots in the paint and so forth. He is more of a traditional power forward but to contrast with Bennett he has no jumper.

I dont really know what position Bennett is. He is strong and long enough to play down low but offensively he stays out of the paint most of the time.

No questions about it, Bennett is a total tweener (SF game in a kind of PF body). That said though, Randle is a tweener as well and has a t-rex wingspan compared to Bennett who has above average length arms for a PF and should give him the tools to be able to guard the PF position if he can correct some motivational issues and his positioning on defense. Bennett has the tools to become a stretch 4 with range all the way out to the 3 and potentially be able to guard his position in his best case scenario, so I think you are over simplifying how much better you think Randle is.

Randle is not a tweener.

I think his short arms causes him to be a tweener. I don't think he will ever be able to effectively guard PFs in the NBA due to this and the fact that he is shorter than 6 10, yet he plays like a PF. Undersized PF, tweener, whatever you wanna call it.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Re: Analytical Analysis: Julius Randle vs. Anthony Bennett 

Post#22 » by ColdBlooded » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:
No questions about it, Bennett is a total tweener (SF game in a kind of PF body). That said though, Randle is a tweener as well and has a t-rex wingspan compared to Bennett who has above average length arms for a PF and should give him the tools to be able to guard the PF position if he can correct some motivational issues and his positioning on defense. Bennett has the tools to become a stretch 4 with range all the way out to the 3 and potentially be able to guard his position in his best case scenario, so I think you are over simplifying how much better you think Randle is.

Randle is not a tweener.

I think his short arms causes him to be a tweener. I don't think he will ever be able to effectively guard PFs in the NBA due to this and the fact that he is shorter than 6 10, yet he plays like a PF. Undersized PF, tweener, whatever you wanna call it.

If you feel he's undersized, then say that. Thats different than being a tweener. Randle is not stuck between positions.

Also, he's not that undersized. 6'9 7'0, isn't enough to label someone undersized imo.
Sam Hinkie crew.

Return to NBA Draft