Isaac humphries - Australian

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Isaac humphries - Australian 

Post#1 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 am

he is a 16 year old 6'11 Australian player who recently put up a 40 point 19 rebound performance against Canada on the later rounds of FIBA's U17 tournament

What can anyone tell me about him and his potential? Which players do he remind you of?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Isaac humphries - Australian 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

he looks more like a finesse player at this juncture. he has more of a face up PFs game than a C's. his greatest attributes are probably his hands and feet at this moment. he's got soft hands, catches everything and has soft touch around the bucket, even with quick releases. has good mobility for his size. not much of a leaper but he is fluid and agile. he doesn't look like a future shot deterrent but he does move his feet well in space and communicates. doesn't have a power game atm, not much of a back to the basket game. doesn't power through or shoot over the top much either, but does have solid ball skills. around the bucket he relies more so on quick shooting the ball and various under the rim releases. can put it on the deck with fluidity with decent spin moves. i didn't see him take or make too many jump shots but he did show nice touch from the ft line so he does show promise shooting the ball. solid iq offensively, knows how to roll, slide into gaps making himself available for dump offs and putback lanes where he displays his nice hands. showed solid passing instincts as well.

he doesn't look like a future star to me but is a solid prospect. he doesn't have any dominant physical features. C is his likely future position with the possibility of playing PF because of his good agility and fluidity. he's got a little young vlade in his game. not quite as big, but he has time to grow.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,171

Post#3 » by brutalitops » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:14 am

He doesn't move like a 7 foot guy awkward in his body, He gets up and down the court, very fluid movements, Quick over the court for someone 6'11"

As Manual pointed out, Good moving around, great finess game, he looks pretty awkward putting the ball on the deck. Cut's pretty well,

I dont think he'll be a star Center but if he continues he'll be a very good center. Off topic but how good is it Australia is pumping out some Elite basketball talent?
VUK1
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#4 » by VUK1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:51 am

Vlade Divac

Sent from my GT-I8730T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#5 » by Zombiesonics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 pm

got man handled by harry giles and diamond stone. the later two are future nba all star bigs

Return to NBA Draft