Dzanan Musa - Bosnian sensation

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JustMagic
Senior
And1: 24

Dzanan Musa - Bosnian sensation 

Post#1 » by JustMagic » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:51 pm

He's a 6-8 SG born in 99 and is the leading scorer of the U-16 (98) eurobasket.
I couldn't find any info or video of him. Can any one from the balkans tell something about him?
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 148

Re: Dzanan Musa - Bosnian sensation 

Post#2 » by pohani komarac » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceGmiO1 ... GsdKT1GZtg

you can watch games highligts on fiba chanel

can't say much about him, never saw him live
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#3 » by RSCD3_ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 am

pohani komarac wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceGmiO11TA&list=UUtInrnU3QbWqFGsdKT1GZtg

you can watch games highligts on fiba chanel

can't say much about him, never saw him live

He looks like he has a long build for a European player like LaVine but obviously like athleticism is probably less, although it still looked good in the video

I'm forecasting here but I think he could be a top 5-10 depending on when he is willing to come over

He looked like he has plus athleticism and length, his stroke looks nice and he has good vision

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Ziggs
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Ziggs » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Good shooter, runs point guard for his team in Sarajevo. Good passing insticts. Has that thing for scoring, can get buckets. His shooting is inconsistent, but still when he gets hot... Good rebounder, has tools to be good defender. I like him, but i like Amar Gegic more. Because Gegic is more complete player, he had that game 24 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals. Now Gegic is good defender, has potential to be lockdown one. He's quite athletic, amazing passer. But, Gegic is terrible shooter. Still he's older than Musa one year. I can't imagine what Musa is going to do next year to u16 competion. He's leading now u16 in scoring by a quite good margin, and he's one of the youngest players.

I saw both of these guys play numerous times live.

These two with Glisic(born in Bosnia, plays for Serbia, their best player u16) and few players from Croatia and maybe Simanic(born in Serbia, spent his childhood in Bosnia) would win this championship. But that's some problems that i don't want to talk about. Also Dragan Bender was born and raised in Bosnia.
coutournant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#5 » by coutournant » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:34 pm

In this competition, France won by a wide margin every game. Best players were the MVP Killian Tillie (PF/C 6'9) and Tchouaffé (SG/SF 6'5), both are NBA prospects with skills, great BBIQ and above average athleticism.
Lookout for the youngest player of France who will still be U16 next year, wing player Yves Pons, to be a stud in this competition next year. Elite athlete with great scoring and defensive skills.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#6 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Ziggs wrote:Good shooter, runs point guard for his team in Sarajevo. Good passing insticts. Has that thing for scoring, can get buckets. His shooting is inconsistent, but still when he gets hot... Good rebounder, has tools to be good defender. I like him, but i like Amar Gegic more. Because Gegic is more complete player, he had that game 24 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals. Now Gegic is good defender, has potential to be lockdown one. He's quite athletic, amazing passer. But, Gegic is terrible shooter. Still he's older than Musa one year. I can't imagine what Musa is going to do next year to u16 competion. He's leading now u16 in scoring by a quite good margin, and he's one of the youngest players.

These two with Glisic(born in Bosnia, plays for Serbia, their best player u16) and few players from Croatia and maybe Simanic(born in Serbia, spent his childhood in Bosnia) would win this championship. But that's some problems that i don't want to talk about. Also Dragan Bender was born and raised in Bosnia.

How would you compare his strengths and weaknesses to chandler parsons

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,117

Post#7 » by brutalitops » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 am

From the highlights

Looks alright, Again, Highlights are hard to judge someone by

The main thing i noticed is that he's happy to take harder shots then swap hands in some of the highlights
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#8 » by pohani komarac » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Ziggs wrote:Good shooter, runs point guard for his team in Sarajevo. Good passing insticts. Has that thing for scoring, can get buckets. His shooting is inconsistent, but still when he gets hot... Good rebounder, has tools to be good defender. I like him, but i like Amar Gegic more. Because Gegic is more complete player, he had that game 24 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals. Now Gegic is good defender, has potential to be lockdown one. He's quite athletic, amazing passer. But, Gegic is terrible shooter. Still he's older than Musa one year. I can't imagine what Musa is going to do next year to u16 competion. He's leading now u16 in scoring by a quite good margin, and he's one of the youngest players.

he was born and raised in Herzegovina
Ziggs
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Ziggs » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

pohani komarac wrote:

he was born and raised in Herzegovina

Sorry, forgot that Herzegovina was another country.
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#10 » by pohani komarac » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

bosnia is bosnia, herzegovina is herzegovina
pohani komarac
Senior

Post#11 » by pohani komarac » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Signed 6 year 600K contract with Cedevita. Turned down some powerhoses like Olympiacos. NBA wise it's not bad choice as Cedevita in Jusuf Nurkic case showed lot good will
JustMagic
Senior

Post#12 » by JustMagic » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:54 pm

A year has passed, and yet again he rules the international competition.
This time against his own age category, and leading his Bosnian NT to the finals today against Lithuania.
his stats:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_Z5gKWuUt3IcuPw_M1m4_O

the finals, today 20:15 CET:
https://youtu.be/guYWVjdZHtE

you can find and watch amost all previous games here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_Z5gKWuUt3IcuPw_M1m4_O
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#13 » by peZt » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Only one of 4 players to average 25,10 and 5 per 40 minutes at the U16.
Other three are Rubio, Dario Saric and last year Tadas Sedekerskis
Stackey
Junior
And1: 123

Post#14 » by Stackey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:55 am

Bosnia and Herzegovina is the new U16 champion of the Europe after they beat hosts Lithuania in the final(85 : 83). Musa voted MVP, leads tournament in both points and assists. Also ranks #4 in rebounds.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtRbTVe39RM[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZhV3XeKnZ0[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgHVa28WCqY[/youtube]
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#15 » by Apollo64 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:34 am

Hype is going to be through the roof for the next few years for this kid, there are going to be endless comparisons to Magic. He's easily the biggest talent that has appeared in the junior euro competitions in the last ten years or so, but no idea how he is going to pan out, what his true position will be, how good of an outside shooter he will become, how he will translate to the NBA game etc. A bigger pre-injury Shaun Livingston should be a conservative comparison.

I have to say that his BBIQ for his age is mind boggling.
JustMagic
Senior

Post#16 » by JustMagic » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 am

IMHO, Rubio, Saric and Hezonja were bigger talents at that stage. What Rubio did at the same U16 championship only 9 years ago is still much impressive:
http://www.fibaeurope.com/season_2006.compID_YUjW-7-FJ,kK9s431Lyr41.html
He led the tournament in points, assists, rebounds and steals!! He had triple-doubles and a quadruple-double in the semi-finals. In the finals he had triple-double with 50 points AND a buzzer-beater half-court 3 pt shot to tie the game for OT.

We even have the full video now to compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pUBUdGVT58
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#17 » by peZt » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 am

JustMagic wrote:IMHO, Rubio, Saric and Hezonja were bigger talents at that stage. What Rubio did at the same U16 championship only 9 years ago is still much impressive:
http://www.fibaeurope.com/season_2006.compID_YUjW-7-FJ,kK9s431Lyr41.html
He led the tournament in points, assists, rebounds and steals!! He had triple-doubles and a quadruple-double in the semi-finals. In the finals he had triple-double with 50 points AND a buzzer-beater half-court 3 pt shot to tie the game for OT.

We even have the full video now to compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pUBUdGVT58

Rubio I'll agree no question.

Saric was maybe more dominant in the youth categories than Musa but he wasn't the bigger talent. People always questioned his athleticism, his true position his shooting ability etc. and to me Musa definitely shows more NBA potential than Saric at the same age.

Currently I would have to say that I rank Musa as the 2nd most talented player in Europe after Dragan Bender. I do also think that he will turn out to be better than Hezonja.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#18 » by sisibilio » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Apollo64 wrote:Hype is going to be through the roof for the next few years for this kid, there are going to be endless comparisons to Magic. He's easily the biggest talent that has appeared in the junior euro competitions in the last ten years or so, but no idea how he is going to pan out, what his true position will be, how good of an outside shooter he will become, how he will translate to the NBA game etc. A bigger pre-injury Shaun Livingston should be a conservative comparison.

I have to say that his BBIQ for his age is mind boggling.

Doncic is the euroMagic. Musa is more like Grant Hill.
I think he's pretty good but not a bigger talent than Rubio or Hezonja at the same age.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,222

Post#19 » by UcanUwill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:11 am

This guy is good. Has a lot of length and his handle is better than 90% of adult Euros. Not as good as Rubio or Saric when they were 16, but potential is clearly there. Livingston is a good comparison, probably better than Livingston tho.
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#20 » by Von Bismarck » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:13 pm

The thing with Musa is that he plays waaaaay better in Bosnian youth selections than in Cedevita's youth selections, I'm not sure why is that though. Other thing is his range, it's at least questionable. But Musa is huge talent, yeah.

1. Bender
2. Doncic
3. Musa

That's TOP3 under 18 in Europe right now.

Return to NBA Draft