Next Big Thing Watch

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Re: Next Big Thing Watch 

Post#41 » by crazy_me_87 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Fischella wrote:Ben Simmons looks like Bobo Diaw with more scoring power.

so basically take Diaws best season 13/6/6 and assume that could be Simmons career average

with 4-5 18ppg seasons and propably some All Star selections

would agree with that... but i look at this at his floor.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#42 » by skiz2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 am

Anyone seen a lot of Skal Labbissiere? (Sorry If I spelled his name wrong). From highlights this kid looks Anthony Davis lite. Anyone actually seen him play in person that can chime in? He is a freaky athlete at the least.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#43 » by Cammo101 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:16 pm

crazy_me_87 wrote:Also whats your guys opinion of Ben Simmons

some sites have him as T-Mac talent others say he will be nothing more than a role player

i like what i see from him.. he passes the Eye test.. but its hard to get real info

I don't think he has the top level athleticism to be a superstar, but he has an amazing feel for the game and will be much more than a role player.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#44 » by ManualRam » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

skiz2 wrote:Anyone seen a lot of Skal Labbissiere? (Sorry If I spelled his name wrong). From highlights this kid looks Anthony Davis lite. Anyone actually seen him play in person that can chime in? He is a freaky athlete at the least.

i haven't seen a whole lot of him. he was hidden on the aau circuit. didn't see any of his HS games either, but from the little camp/tourney footage i've seen i saw a lot of promise. very good coordination and spring. runs the floor like a SF and has a nice jumper, touch and range. drawbacks are his skinny build (narrow shoulders) and his length is just ok.
i don't think he's another AD, but he's more than a channing frye which was my previous misconception. the problem with him is that we probably won't be able to evaluate him until he's a pro.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#45 » by EricAnderson » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Cammo101 wrote:

some sites have him as T-Mac talent others say he will be nothing more than a role player

i like what i see from him.. he passes the Eye test.. but its hard to get real info

I don't think he has the top level athleticism to be a superstar, but he has an amazing feel for the game and will be much more than a role player.

He's not a freakish athlete but he doesn't seem to be struggling in that area either..
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#46 » by Cammo101 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

He's not a freakish athlete but he doesn't seem to be struggling in that area either..

He's a really good athlete and will play a good long time in the NBA. But, lots of so called high school superstars can't translate that the NBA. A guy like OJ Mayo is a perfect example of that.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by EricAnderson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 pm

My cousins a scout hes in philly right now I think watching players.just texted me that Naz Reid from 2018 is a beast
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by EricAnderson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

He's a really good athlete and will play a good long time in the NBA. But, lots of so called high school superstars can't translate that the NBA. A guy like OJ Mayo is a perfect example of that.

I haven't seen him in person but watching a lot of videos It looks like he's a better athlete then Mayo..I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#49 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:27 pm

EricAnderson wrote:My cousins a scout hes in philly right now I think watching players.just texted me that Naz Reid from 2018 is a beast

Clips?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by EricAnderson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:32 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:My cousins a scout hes in philly right now I think watching players.just texted me that Naz Reid from 2018 is a beast

Clips?

http://youtu.be/AKZ48dIzJ-s

http://youtu.be/SNEJhJIVKpA
RSCD3_
RealGM

Post#51 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:

Clips?

He doesn't impress me much as an athlete that much but he has a lot of time to develop muscles
Spoiler:
( both strength wise and for explosiveness.)

I mean LeBron first dunked in 8th grade and 4 years later he has a 44 inch vertical.

I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#52 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:
Clips?

He doesn't impress me much as an athlete that much but he has a lot of time to develop muscles
Spoiler:

I mean LeBron first dunked in 8th grade and 4 years later he has a 44 inch vertical.

Well 99% of athletes will absolutely look mediocre when being compared to Lebron.
RSCD3_
RealGM

Next Big Thing Watch 

Post#53 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:

Spoiler:

Well 99% of athletes will absolutely look mediocre when being compared to Lebron.

I mean in general his athleticsm don't impress me much and besides what I saw on those videos it was mostly clips of his athleticism.

Is the guy a knockdown shooter, or great ball handler, does he have phenomenal court vision for his position. He very well may have but since I'm not following him closely I can't just assume he has these tools

Now normally not having any of these wouldn't be too bad but this threw is talking about the next big thing IE a LeBron - Durant - Davis character.

Now maybe he develops physically a lot more and refines his game ( which is possible and definitely probable ( the guy is 15 )) but until then I don't see superstar potential

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#54 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:28 pm

I think it is way too early to judge if he has or doesn't have superstal potential...he is what? 14-15? But his height + coordination alone at such a young age is definitely intriguing.

Return to NBA Draft