Aleksandar Vezenkov

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Re: Aleksandar Vezenkov 

Post#41 » by Mirotic12 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:56 am

Vezenkov officially got Greek citizenship. So what I said here before, that the rumors were he was going to switch soon to the Greek national team, look to indeed be true.

Also, as I said here before, he would not have even played barely at all on a team like Olympiacos (a lot of people argued that). But it's a fact he would not have been playing hardly at all last year in a good Euroleague team.

He can barely even get in a game with Barca. He was not playing on a serious team last season (for example, Aris this year is in Europe's 2nd tier league, and there team this year is like 10 times better than their team from last year), which is the only reason he played so much and did nothing but stat pad.
mihail_petkov
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Post#42 » by mihail_petkov » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:Vezenkov officially got Greek citizenship. So what I said here before, that the rumors were he was going to switch soon to the Greek national team, look to indeed be true.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Interview with Vezenkov from 20th November: http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=577109
“Обичам Гърция и винаги съм се чувствал много добре в страната. Този ход обаче е от гледна точка на това, че по този начин ако някога се завърна в гръцката лига, няма да заемам място за чужденец”, коментира роденият в Кипър българин.

translated..
I love Greece and I always felt very well in the country. This move, however, is from the perspective that this way if I ever returned in the Greek league, will not take place for a foreigner
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#43 » by Mirotic12 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:46 am

mihail_petkov wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:Vezenkov officially got Greek citizenship. So what I said here before, that the rumors were he was going to switch soon to the Greek national team, look to indeed be true.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Interview with Vezenkov from 20th November: http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=577109
“Обичам Гърция и винаги съм се чувствал много добре в страната. Този ход обаче е от гледна точка на това, че по този начин ако някога се завърна в гръцката лига, няма да заемам място за чужденец”, коментира роденият в Кипър българин.

translated..
I love Greece and I always felt very well in the country. This move, however, is from the perspective that this way if I ever returned in the Greek league, will not take place for a foreigner

He also said that he is Greek, feels Greek, speaks Greek, writes Greek, reads Greek, lived his whole life in all Greek communities, and actually wanted to play for Greece youth teams, but could not at the time.

So yeah, he pretty much said he considers himself Greek. And his sister played in Cyprus national team, not Bulgarian one. So the point stands.

He's a Cypriot-Greek of Bulgarian descent. No point to laugh about this, when he says it himself that the only culture he knows is Greek, and also that he will live there when he is done playing basketball.

And from a basketball perspective, he would make a huge mistake to continue with Bulgaria, since they will never be relevant. He's not good enough to make Greece's team yet, but he could be in the future, and that would be much better for his career than Bulgaria.

Return to NBA Draft