Emmanuel Mudiay>Dante Exum

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Re: Emmanuel Mudiay>Dante Exum 

Post#21 » by Amish Mafioso » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:40 am

lakeshow22 wrote:The Hype on Exum seemed to be a little too much as we saw him struggle mightily in summer league, Fiba and early on here in the NBA. His potential is still as high as it was on draft night, but he is a lot rawer than most were expecting..........

Stopped reading...
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#22 » by Catchall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Mudiay is more developed physically today. He looks NBA ready now, whereas Exum needs a year or two of development. Mudiay is also a much more developed and complete player offensively, so you'd have to say he's the better prospect. Mudiay looks like a very special player.

That said, from what little I've seen, Mudiay has a scorer's mentality, whereas Exum is definitely pass-first, and Exum's floor vision and basketball IQ are off the charts. Their styles are different as players, and both will impact the game in different ways. It's early, but I see Exum as the higher IQ pure point guard--the guy who can deliver the pin-point pass and make the right play. Whereas, Mudiay looks like the guy you give the ball to and let just take over the game, like John Wall, Russel Westbrook or Goran Dragic.

Exum also has the tools (length, timing and quickness) to be a special defensive player--like a PG version of Scottie Pippen. I'm not sure if Mudiay will be able to smother opposing PGs like Exum will.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
PICKnPOP
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#23 » by PICKnPOP » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 pm

I disagree. I actually think mudiay has a pretty solid balance between scoring and facilitating. He's very turnover prone at this point but I see him as a 20/10 pg if he reaches his potential. At worse he's a 15/10 guy but he will make plays with his passing ability.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to NBA Draft