Bryce Alford, the new Stephen Curry?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Bryce Alford, the new Stephen Curry? 

Post#1 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 pm

What a guy, sweet stroke, good size for a PG and I will say he is more advanced than Curry at the same age as a PG and playmaker, he is not as fluid with the ball, and all, but man he is cold minded and send the same vibe.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Bryce Alford, the new Stephen Curry? 

Post#2 » by EMG518 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Ummm, no lol. Believe you were also looking for the term cold blooded, not cold minded.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Curry has one of the sweetest strokes in the history of basketball. Alford's a heckuva passer - agreed that his pure PG skills are ahead of where Curry's were. Other than similar size, I don't see the comp.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#4 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 pm

In my limited exposure to Alford's game, I feel like you're pushing a comp that really isn't there.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 pm

we'll see if the passing is for real. for a coach's son he looked like a natural gunslinger. he does have balls though.
ik he's listed at 6'3 but he plays much smaller than that with his small build and short arms. not a great athlete either. kinda spins his wheels on his initial step.
not crazy about the comparison either. like you said, he's not as fluid with the ball. i'm dubious of the assist numbers so far. he doesn't have that deception or shot-creating ability either.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Post#6 » by laploutocratie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:53 pm

LOL... who?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RealGM Forums mobile app
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#7 » by Zombiesonics » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 am

talk about jumping to conclusions, he's played 3 teams that are basically d2.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

ManualRam wrote:we'll see if the passing is for real. for a coach's son he looked like a natural gunslinger. he does have balls though.
ik he's listed at 6'3 but he plays much smaller than that with his small build and short arms. not a great athlete either. kinda spins his wheels on his initial step.
not crazy about the comparison either. like you said, he's not as fluid with the ball. i'm dubious of the assist numbers so far. he doesn't have that deception or shot-creating ability either.

He's definitely more inclined to pass than his father - though he can shoot it. He's just not in Curry's league. If I had to compare him, I'd compare him to Ridnour - and let people assume I'm racist.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#9 » by ManualRam » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am

Ruzious wrote:
ManualRam wrote:we'll see if the passing is for real. for a coach's son he looked like a natural gunslinger. he does have balls though.

He's definitely more inclined to pass than his father - though he can shoot it. He's just not in Curry's league. If I had to compare him, I'd compare him to Ridnour - and let people assume I'm racist.

idk. i think its just a difference in positions and having the ball in his hands. his dad was a fine passer, but he was a 2 and played off the ball in a strict motion offense.
ridnour was always a PG with a PGs mentality, running offense pretty well and being selective with his shots.
to me, bryce is more of a natural gunslinger trying to learn to be more of a distributor. i think his natural tendency is to look for his shot though.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:04 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

idk. i think its just a difference in positions and having the ball in his hands. his dad was a fine passer, but he was a 2 and played off the ball in a strict motion offense.
ridnour was always a PG with a PGs mentality, running offense pretty well and being selective with his shots.
to me, bryce is more of a natural gunslinger trying to learn to be more of a distributor. i think his natural tendency is to look for his shot though.

Eh, Ridnour had a Pete Maravich mentality in college. He wouldn't hesitate throwing up 25 footers as well as going for the high degree of difficulty spectacular pass.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#11 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:22 am

I don't think so.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#12 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:35 am

Ruzious wrote:Eh, Ridnour had a Pete Maravich mentality in college. He wouldn't hesitate throwing up 25 footers as well as going for the high degree of difficulty spectacular pass.

Ridnour used to do that on the Wolves, I'm sure he did it everywhere.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 2, 2014 2:13 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Eh, Ridnour had a Pete Maravich mentality in college. He wouldn't hesitate throwing up 25 footers as well as going for the high degree of difficulty spectacular pass.

Ridnour used to do that on the Wolves, I'm sure he did it everywhere.

Yup, but he was flashier about it in college - because he could get away with it more - as well as not playing defense.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by old rem » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:00 pm

EMG518 wrote:Ummm, no lol. Believe you were also looking for the term cold blooded, not cold minded.

Maybe Cold Hearted?

Curry was the top scorer in NCAA ball...while often double teamed. When someone does that...I'd be impressed. I SAW Curry play with Davidson... and he's upped his physical tools since as also got higher skills.
CENSORED... No comment.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#15 » by Dcebucks11 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 pm

prob not. havent seen him play. does he play good defense? stats lookin nice.
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#16 » by flash22 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Didn't Curry basically carry an awful Davidson team to the NCAA tourney as a freshmen? I remember seeing him in the tournament and being like, 'who is this 14 year old that is dropping 30 every game without breaking a sweat.'

Return to NBA Draft