Chris McCullough

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Cusefan03
Ballboy
And1: 1

Chris McCullough 

Post#1 » by Cusefan03 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 am

McCulloughs been putting up some pretty good numbers for Syracuse so far. Wondering why he hasn't gotten much hype. He's got good measurements for a pf at 6'10" with a 7'3" wingspan and is an elite athlete. Showing a really solid jumper along with blocking shots and rebounding well. Only knock that I can see so far is he's really skinny for a pf but he looks to have the frame to bulk up over time. Whats everyone else think of him?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Chris McCullough 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:27 am

im not too high on any of those cuse players. i see low iq all over the place.
mccullough's a guy who gave me a bad impression when i saw him in HS. energy was inconsistent. poor shot selection. drifted in and out of games. showed bouts of selfish play. well-traveled kids who go from school to school the amount of times mccullough did raise red flags too. he does have some skill though. has some face up ability and he's a good athlete, im just not crazy about his intangibles which imo can make or break a player.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Cusefan03
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Cusefan03 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

ManualRam wrote:im not too high on any of those cuse players. i see low iq all over the place.
mccullough's a guy who gave me a bad impression when i saw him in HS. energy was inconsistent. poor shot selection. drifted in and out of games. showed bouts of selfish play. well-traveled kids who go from school to school the amount of times mccullough did raise red flags too. he does have some skill though. has some face up ability and he's a good athlete, im just not crazy about his intangibles which imo can make or break a player.

Those were the same issues I expected to see but so far he's been playing tough and hasn't forced the issue very much. If anything I'd like to see him get more aggressive. He dominated the Iowa game and still seemed to defer to his teammates a lot when he had open looks. If he puts it all together do you see a potential lottery pick?
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#4 » by treefi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:36 am

Haven't watched him play much yet but I have Anthony Randolph stuck in my head.

Return to NBA Draft