Mario Hezonja & Kristaps Porzingis

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Murta
Sixth Man
And1: 1,823

Re: Mario Hezonja & Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#21 » by Murta » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Nah, I didn't. I also thought you were right pointing out Kristaps was younger.

IMO, when it comes to prospects who are very athletic but don't play center and don't have major flaws in their game, one year +/- is pretty much non-factor.
The only exclusion is center position because they have to play against strong players and, because of that, being older can be a big difference in production.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#22 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:10 pm

pohani komarac wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:Is Hezonja any better then say Bellinelli?

Hezonja should not be compared with Bellinelli just because he is white euro, ore any other europian player in history

What about a shorter, more athletic Danilo Galanari?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#23 » by Marcus » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:25 pm

what's the draft and stash situation with these two?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#24 » by pohani komarac » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:52 pm

as you can see he has bigger body alredy then rudy fernandez and beat him with no problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvlBXMmesw
Spalato
Junior
And1: 335

Post#25 » by Spalato » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:54 am

pohani komarac wrote:as you can see he has bigger body alredy then rudy fernandez and beat him with no problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvlBXMmesw

The way he moves, the way he executes, he kind of looks like a lite version of Lebron. But a lite version of Lebron is still a multiple all-star in the NBA. I'm excited!
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#26 » by EMG518 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:21 am

Are there any games online I can watch of either of these two?
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#27 » by 20110913 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:32 am

OMG, youdont search youtube or google ?

search BALONCESTO SEVILLA | FC BARCELONA

or their names

you will find, the more you search, the more games
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#28 » by SBM » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:36 am

Porzingis but not overly impressed with either
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#29 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm not the most informed, but Kristaps looks like he's built in the Tayshaun Prince mold- stick thin. He will need to add a lot of muscle for the NBA.
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#30 » by Gordon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 pm

I like both of those guys, but Hezonja`s ceiling is higher due to superior body/athleticism compared with Kristaps. Porzingis is rather poor rebounder for his size, and with his rail thin body he will struggle dealing with NBA centers. Being 7-footer i don`t think he will be able to guard PFs with NBA teams reverting to small-ball so much.
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#31 » by Thespianoid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:00 am

Gordon wrote:I like both of those guys, but Hezonja`s ceiling is higher due to superior body/athleticism compared with Kristaps. Porzingis is rather poor rebounder for his size, and with his rail thin body he will struggle dealing with NBA centers. Being 7-footer i don`t think he will be able to guard PFs with NBA teams reverting to small-ball so much.

I don't think Porzingis is a C. His game is purely PF, and he's got the mobility to guard 4's (but not 3's). Problem is his strength, but his frame is ok and can carry some more weight. Will always be a skinny guy though, would be a terrible idea to bulk him up too much. Honestly I think strength is his biggest issue right now - it hurts him on the boards and finishing in the paint, two things people are concerned about. The aggression is there, just not the physicality.

He's not going to be a double digit rebounder by any stretch, but he'll be good enough at the 4. His ACB/Eurocup numbers are decent - 4.8 in 22 mins/4.1 in 20 mins - given his strength disadvantage.

Hezonja's ceiling is definitely higher due to pure talent and physical attributes. Still got to improve defensive focus and team play/attitude, but he's gotten better. Used to be terrible. I really think if he can shore up his playstyle and attitude, he could be a star. That's the biggest challenge though - the mental aspect.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#32 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 am

Porzingis isnt any skinnier than Garnett or Pau at his age, i don't think that will be a problem.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Banned User

Post#33 » by 20110913 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 pm

sisibilio wrote:Porzingis isnt any skinnier than Garnett or Pau at his age, i don't think that will be a problem.

yes, he can battle with Mickael Pietrus full time and win it now.
next year, he can fight with Bosh
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#34 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Hezonja's ceiling depends on what team he drafts him. He has a alpha dog mentality and that will need to be accentuated right from the get go. If not he will wither away into a bellinelli type role player. His ceiling is much more with his 6'8 frame, athleticism , ballhandling and shooting ability. I think will ample time he could give Andrew Wiggins as a 2 guard prospect a run for his money. I see Porzingis as the offensive version of Nerlens Noel without the defense. Like is nerlens Noel well was a offensive player instead if a defensive player. You get it?
Banned User

Post#35 » by 20110913 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:19 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Hezonja's ceiling depends on what team he drafts him. He has a alpha dog mentality and that will need to be accentuated right from the get go. If not he will wither away into a bellinelli type role player. His ceiling is much more with his 6'8 frame, athleticism , ballhandling and shooting ability. I think will ample time he could give Andrew Wiggins as a 2 guard prospect a run for his money. I see Porzingis as the offensive version of Nerlens Noel without the defense. Like is nerlens Noel well was a offensive player instead if a defensive player. You get it?

no. in fact I am more confused
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#36 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:11 am

20110913 wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:Hezonja's ceiling depends on what team he drafts him. He has a alpha dog mentality and that will need to be accentuated right from the get go. If not he will wither away into a bellinelli type role player. His ceiling is much more with his 6'8 frame, athleticism , ballhandling and shooting ability. I think will ample time he could give Andrew Wiggins as a 2 guard prospect a run for his money. I see Porzingis as the offensive version of Nerlens Noel without the defense. Like is nerlens Noel well was a offensive player instead if a defensive player. You get it?

no. in fact I am more confused

I was high... I am still high.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#37 » by nicnac215 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Super Mario looks legit. Plenty of size, skill, athleticism to be above average nba player. I don't know if he would ever be a star, but he looks like a perfect spark 6th man off the bench. I would love if the magic draft him as a 6th man.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#38 » by ManualRam » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:32 pm

nicnac215 wrote:Super Mario looks legit. Plenty of size, skill, athleticism to be above average nba player. I don't know if he would ever be a star, but he looks like a perfect spark 6th man off the bench. I would love if the magic draft him as a 6th man.

since when do you aim to take a 6th man mid lotto? sounds like either a bad draft or a bad use of assets.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#39 » by EMG518 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:19 pm

I have watched some of Baloncesto Sevilla's games and my take away is concerns on defense for Porzingis. I could be mistaken but he doesnt seem to be particularly long. All the shots he attempted to block or alter were put in the basket by smaller players. I dont think he offers much in the way of rim protection. He definitely needs to get stronger and add size which I think he will do. He does have a nose for the ball, comes from away from the basket to grab boards. Offensive is really what youre investing in here I believe. He clearly has skills. He plays more like a power forward and defensively I dont think he can man the paint so that puts him at the 4 as well. There will be some matchups that will give him problems at the 4 on defense as well with quicker players and even stronger players but on the flip side those players will have trouble contesting him. I think youre hoping for him to develop into an average team defender at the 4 with the ability to create his own shot. I think he is currently projected a bit higher than he will go. Espn has him 4 and Draft Express has him 5. He will certainly go in the lottery but I dont think he cracks the top half.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#40 » by reanimator » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:21 pm

I am starting to prefer Hezonja over Johnson and Winslow :dontknow:

Return to NBA Draft