Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

putn
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Jakob Poeltl 

Post#21 » by putn » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:31 pm

What do you think will happen to Jakob?
Will he even declare for the draft or is he better up staying another year?

After he had a really good game against Okafor his stock seems to rise again.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 pm

He should go, he is going lotto, you dont turn that down.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#23 » by sipclip » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm a little biased as a Utah fan because I think we can be really good next year if he comes back but as of right now I don't think he is ready for the nba. First and foremost he needs to get a lot stronger. He has a really hard time finishing in the paint when going up against stronger players with size and he tends to go up soft no matter who he is going up against. He also has no outside jumper at this point in time and his free throw shooting is bad. He has a decent shooting stroke from the free throw line though and he does hit a few jumpers in warm ups so it is something that I expect him to improve on this season.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,171

Post#24 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:12 am

I don't think his stock get higher. time to come out.
Sign here
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#25 » by sipclip » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:51 pm

brackdan70 wrote:I don't think his stock get higher. time to come out.

I don't believe he would go lotto. Also money is not a big motivator for him because last year he turned down a multi million dollar contract from a team in Europe to play for the utes. If comes back and gets stronger and shows a bit more of a face up game then I could see him as a top 10 pick next year. If he goes this year then I think he is in the 15-20 range and sits on the bench most of the year.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,171

Post#26 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:10 am

sipclip wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:I don't think his stock get higher. time to come out.

I don't believe he would go lotto. Also money is not a big motivator for him because last year he turned down a multi million dollar contract from a team in Europe to play for the utes. If comes back and gets stronger and shows a bit more of a face up game then I could see him as a top 10 pick next year. If he goes this year then I think he is in the 15-20 range and sits on the bench most of the year.

he is projected Lotto by most everybody. If he comes back he won't go higher unless he improves much more than a typical for a 19 yo to 20 yo. If he just has normal improvement he will probably go lower. If he performs just a little better he could really drop. I don't think he turned down a multi million dollar contract to play for the Utes. he turned it down to play college ball in the states and improve his NBA stock so he could make more money long term and play in the NBA. The time is right now. he should declare.
Sign here

Return to NBA Draft