D'Angelo Russell + Joel Embiid

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

D'Angelo Russell + Joel Embiid 

Post#1 » by nickforthreee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:37 am

Both on the Sixers? Im not a sixers fan but man that just seems like it could be such a sick combo a few years from now.

If they both reached their full potential... it could be like having Curry/Harden on the same team as Olajuwon.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Re: D'Angelo Russell + Joel Embiid 

Post#2 » by OleSchool » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:35 am

Don't think it'll happen. We have major comp. for the tank in the LAL, NYK, and Minn. Plus, we're starting to play better
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#3 » by LloydFree » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:51 am

nickforthreee wrote:Both on the Sixers? Im not a sixers fan but man that just seems like it could be such a sick combo a few years from now.

If they both reached their full potential... it could be like having Curry/Harden on the same team as Olajuwon.

Shhh. Don't say it out loud. You'll jinx it. :D

Seriously though, I'm starting to think the 76ers are more likely to be picking 4th or 5th, because the Lakers aren't beating anybody the rest of the year. Hopefully, the 76ers can get the 4th pick, somehow get Towns as a consolation prize. Embiid and Towns would be awesome too.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 am

Best case scenario for Philly is Russell plus Hezonja with Miamis pick.

Carter-Williams/Wroten
Russell/McDaniels/Thompson
Covington/Sampson
Noel/Mbah a Moute/Grant
Embiid/Sims/Aldemir
+Micic, Saric and Hezonja

Plus whoever they pick with the pletora of 2nd rounders they have.
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#5 » by wickedwrister » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Agree it would be amazing, Knicks, Lakers and Wolves will likely get in the way of making this a reality.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#6 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 pm

wickedwrister wrote:Agree it would be amazing, Knicks, Lakers and Wolves will likely get in the way of making this a reality.

I dont think the Wolves will. They're a team that is on the way up and already have a core. Now they have season guys back in Rubio, Martin and Pek along with a great core of young players, I'd be surprised if they finish lower than Philly, NYK and LAL.
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#7 » by wickedwrister » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:50 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
wickedwrister wrote:Agree it would be amazing, Knicks, Lakers and Wolves will likely get in the way of making this a reality.

I dont think the Wolves will. They're a team that is on the way up and already have a core. Now they have season guys back in Rubio, Martin and Pek along with a great core of young players, I'd be surprised if they finish lower than Philly, NYK and LAL.

That's a good point, still feel like Philly is going to need some luck from the lottery gods but so will every other team. Could end up like last year with some team way further down like Indiana or Denver winning the lottery.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#8 » by Bubstubbler » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:55 am

Whether by getting the #1 pick or by getting their guy to fall, Philly will get the best player in the draft. It's just what they do.

Return to NBA Draft