Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Could wcs be this year s Noah? 

Post#1 » by cedric76 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 am

Could wcs become a Noah light?
Someone would could affect the game without touching the ball, just with his energy,athleticism and defense?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Could wcs be this year s Noah? 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 pm

noah touches the ball. he's one of the best passing big men in the game. you can run cutters off of him and trust him to make decisions with the ball. WCS? not so much. i'd keep his decision making to a minimum
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#3 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm

cedric76 wrote:Could wcs become a Noah light?
Someone would could affect the game without touching the ball, just with his energy,athleticism and defense?

I think Noel is the better shot blocker. I think WCS will be the better rebounder and he can guard any position. WCS might become the better all around better defender. He can easily switch off a pick and roll and not have any problem guarding a guard. Their offense is about the same that neither is all that. I really like WCS as a defender. He's elite just like Noel.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#4 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:

I think Noel is the better shot blocker. I think WCS will be the better rebounder and he can guard any position. WCS might become the better all around better defender. He can easily switch off a pick and roll and not have any problem guarding a guard. Their offense is about the same that neither is all that. I really like WCS as a defender. He's elite just like Noel.

you read that title allllll wrong.

Joakim Noah not Nerlens Noel
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#5 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Marcus wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

you read that title allllll wrong.

Joakim Noah not Nerlens Noel

Lol. Yeah I was all wrong on that. My bad.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#6 » by AQuintus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 am

ManualRam wrote:noah touches the ball. he's one of the best passing big men in the game. you can run cutters off of him and trust him to make decisions with the ball. WCS? not so much. i'd keep his decision making to a minimum

This. Better comparisons for WCS are Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan.
Nuggets18
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Nuggets18 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:37 pm

^^ no, because neither of them can guard guards like WCS can
Nuggets18
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#8 » by Nuggets18 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 pm

he's noah with less playmaking and more vertical spacing
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#9 » by MCDubbin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:03 pm

He looks more like if Noel was built like a Center
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Nuggets18 wrote:he's noah with less playmaking and more vertical spacing

Less playmaking and LESS vertical spacing. He can dunk. I'm not sure he can do much else - other than set picks - on offense. Remember, he's not an 18 year old freshman - like the typical UK player. He's 21, so the skill level isn't as likely to improve a lot.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:and LESS vertical spacing.

you think Noah jumps higher than WCS?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Marcus wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood. I focused on the word spacing rather than vertical. WCS provides no spacing - while Noah has a decent set shot, so WCS provides less spacing. However you slice it, I doubt WCS ever touches the player Noah became. Noah has tremendous passion for the game - and without that wouldn't be the player he is. I don't see that in WCS.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood. I focused on the word spacing rather than vertical. WCS provides no spacing - while Noah has a decent set shot, so WCS provides less spacing. However you slice it, I doubt WCS ever touches the player Noah became. Noah has tremendous passion for the game - and without that wouldn't be the player he is. I don't see that in WCS.

can definitely agree with WCS providing less floor spacing and i firmly believe he shouldn't touch the ball for more than a second on offense anywhere away from the basket.

He does have the vert spacing advantage though. Its the one offensive attribute he should have going for him day one. The ability to go get lobs, and he should be able to outrun a high number of the bigs in the league.
Watch More Basketball

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Is "vertical spacing" even a thing?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:Is "vertical spacing" even a thing?

yep. PnR play where the PG lobs to the big rolling to the basket is an example. half court offense that produces backdoor lobs is another example. If you have a guy or guys that you know you can just throw the ball anywhere near the rim and they're long enough to get it out the air and finish. That's vertical spacing if you use it to your advantage.

D12, Whiteside, Deandre Jordan, Birdman, Mason Plumlee, Ant Davis, Ty Chan, Brandon Wright, etc. all provide examples of this with their combination of length and leaping ability.

Its modern day offense for bigs, especially those without post games. Allows them to remain threats on offense with PnR play and a hard role from a lob big after they've brought the house down a couple times with dunks can cause collapses in the defense and open up open looks for shooter on the wings and in the corners.
Watch More Basketball

Return to NBA Draft