Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,651

Poeltl vs. Turner 

Post#1 » by yosemiteben » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:14 pm

You need a center and have a high lottery pick. When it's your choice, both Jakob Poeltl and Myles Turner are available.

Who do you take?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Re: Poeltl vs. Turner 

Post#2 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:18 pm

Poeltl
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:31 pm

Poeltl.

Turner has the higher potential, but right now unless he grows into his body and athleticism, he has the highest bust rate also.

Poeltl is raw, but he already does a bunch of stuff that helps win games from the Center position.
He has to keep improving offensively, and adding strength, but the guy is huge, intelligent, mobile, and a decent athlete while been 7 feet tall.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#4 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 1, 2015 7:03 pm

Fischella wrote:Poeltl.

Turner has the higher potential, but right now unless he grows into his body and athleticism, he has the highest bust rate also.

Poeltl is raw, but he already does a bunch of stuff that helps win games from the Center position.
He has to keep improving offensively, and adding strength, but the guy is huge, intelligent, mobile, and a decent athlete while been 7 feet tall.

you see some Steven Adams in Poeltl?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#5 » by Notanoob » Wed Apr 1, 2015 9:46 pm

Poeltl. You don't want big stiffs in today's NBA, and unless Turner becomes an absolute sniper from 3, I don't see him being a starter. He can't hang around the basket on defense like he did at Texas in the NBA, he'll have to move, and he really isn't a fluid athlete at all. Doesn't get great elevation or finish well. Didn't even shoot well from 3 despite that supposedly being his big selling point.

Not that I think Poeltl has a future as a star player, but I like the mobile athletic guy over the stiff.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:14 pm

Marcus wrote:
Fischella wrote:Poeltl.

you see some Steven Adams in Poeltl?

Yes, though obviously Adams is stronger. Adams is strong as bleep. I underrated Adams, and I was probably underrating Poeltl. Fischella seems to have a great handle on him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#7 » by seeingstars » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:55 pm

Turner in the pick and pop all day. Easy.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#8 » by BullsFTW » Sat Apr 4, 2015 12:41 pm

I love Poeltl.

I'm hoping he declares and the Bulls move up and draft him. He does remind me of Steven Adams, but also like a Alex Len.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#9 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:59 pm

BullsFTW wrote:I love Poeltl.

I'm hoping he declares and the Bulls move up and draft him. He does remind me of Steven Adams, but also like a Alex Len.

Hypothetically...what would the Bulls trade to move up to 11 or 12?
Sign here
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#10 » by BullsFTW » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:39 am

brackdan70 wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:I love Poeltl.

Hypothetically...what would the Bulls trade to move up to 11 or 12?

Maybe Taj + #21?

I think they will trade Taj this off-season to create playing time for Mirotic.

Return to NBA Draft