Sixers with potentially 3 lotto picks...

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Sixers with potentially 3 lotto picks... 

Post#1 » by Hogified05 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:57 am

Now this is a possibility. Not a great one, but not out of the realm of possibility. I hope this is right. Maybe a Sixers fan can verify this, if I am totally out of my mind just scratch this thread but....

-Sixers have their pick 3rd worse. Anywhere from 1-6 most likely in the top 4.
-Then they get the Lakers pick if the Lakers end up outside the top 5. Lakers currently sit 4th. Which would entail 2 teams jumping them into the top 3.
-Finally they get the Heat's pick if it's outside the top 10. They currently sit 10th. Which would entail one of the 4 teams behind them jumping into the top 3.

Best cast scenario is the Sixers get 1st, 6th and 11th which would send this draft into absolute anarchy I believe.
A.) There is no way they keep all 3 picks or players
B.) Of all the teams in the draft that would get the first pick and not pick Okafor or Towns this is the one.
C.) If they do pick Okafor or Towns that means Embiid or Noel are getting shipped out.

If the Magic don't win the lottery I am hoping the Sixers do because I think the pick is for sale or Embiid or Noel are. It will be a fun draft if they do.

Thoughts? If this were to happen would your team make a deal with the Sixers and what would it be? Just fun to think about ha.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Re: Sixers with potentially 3 lotto picks... 

Post#2 » by HotelVitale » Tue May 19, 2015 5:19 am

If they get the 1st pick, they take Towns (maybe Okafor if they really like him). Embiid may be hobbled by injuries forever and Nerlens will never be able to be a full-time two-way center. Nerlens had a nice season but there's not enough overall certainty about the Sixers bigs for them to pass on those guys.

Another thing to keep in mind: next year, the Sixers will likely have the Lakers pick plus Saric coming over. Should be the equivalent of 3 lotto picks that year (possibly 4 if the Heat stumble again).

Return to NBA Draft