Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Who do pick for the Jazz at #12. 

Post#1 » by Hoops Addict » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:11 pm

You are the GM of the Jazz.

Who do you pick?

Let's assume that the top 9 players are not available.....nobody slips a lot.

Booker, Kaminsky, Turney , Payne, OUbrey, Lyles, Dekker, etc.

I am interested in OUbrey and Lyles...and Miles Turner.

Who do you pick at #12?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Who do pick for the Jazz at #12. 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:17 pm

Out of that group? Oubre without question, I doubt he is available at 12th though.
I think the pick will end up been between Kaminsky, Portis, Booker and the two AZ wings.
Payne could be an option also.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:24 pm

I say Kaminsky. He fits so well sharing minutes with Favors and Gobert. And he's ready to play now. He could help that team stay in contention for the playoffs. A lot of these other players need time to develop, but the reality is the Jazz want to see improvement and they probably don't want to be in the lottery again because their roster is pretty full.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,530

Post#4 » by jpengland » Mon Jun 1, 2015 9:09 pm

Portis or Kaminsky as the third Jazz big, both fit nicely with both Gobert and Favors.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,724

Post#5 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 1, 2015 11:46 pm

^ I hate the idea of the Jazz picking an immediate help guy. They have a nice but not outstanding young core; they're not trotting out Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka every night. They should keep hunting for the best possible prospects and not worrying about who their 8th man might be next year.

In that spirit I'd probably go after Turner or Oubre. I'm on the fence about Lyles but I think he'd be in in the mix there too if they like him.
djphan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#6 » by djphan » Mon Jun 1, 2015 11:56 pm

delon wright...
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#7 » by Moooose » Tue Jun 2, 2015 1:46 am

Lyles, Turner, or Oubre. In that order.

Kaminsky would be good too, as a stretch 4.
TRKO
Junior
And1: 119

Post#8 » by TRKO » Tue Jun 2, 2015 1:50 am

I would go with Payne. Love his game.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,179

Post#9 » by Notanoob » Tue Jun 2, 2015 1:54 am

I love Delon Wright, he's pro-ready with a complete game, and has the size to play either guard position. Plus he's already spent two years in Utah. PG is your weakest position clearly. You can move on from Burke and let Exum develope behind Wright, or move one off ball, since both have SG size.

If you don't want to spend a third first round pick on a PG, Kaminsky would be a great fit. You need the spacing and the passing to make up for your weak guard play, and you have a pair of stud defensive bigs to put next to the short-armed Kaminsky.

Portis and Turner also provide some shooting at the big positions, and while Turner has better upside, you already have two guys who a great centers- Turner is exclusively a C. I'd go with Portis as your third option.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#10 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jun 2, 2015 3:36 am

Take Wright or Grant. Big guards who've got super solid games. Either one would help a lot.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#11 » by laika » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:16 am

I would pick Payne or Grant.
They are both a reach at 12, but the Jazz are so much weaker at PG than any other position that you pretty much have to take a PG.

If you really don't like Payne or Grant then take Looney. He doesn't look that great to me, but according to this article Looney is easily the best value in this year's draft-
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analytics-Models-and-the-NBA-Draft-5021

There is no one else at 12 that would be much better even if you ignore position. Turner won't be there. Oubre probably won't, and is unlikely to ever be a star. Portis and Kaminsky have extremely limited upside. Booker and Lyles have pretty high bust potential. Jefferson has no place on this team since he can't score.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#12 » by EMG518 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:37 am

Payne or Wood
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#13 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:56 am

It's might be a reach, but Tyus Jones.

well, Tyus > Burke, IMO.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#14 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:55 am

I think the Jazz will pick Johnson or Turner, if one of them is available at 12.

Oubre and Portis are possibilities too.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
EMG518
Veteran

Post#15 » by EMG518 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:56 am

Mirjalovic wrote:It's might be a reach, but Tyus Jones.

well, Tyus > Burke, IMO.

I would die of laughter if they drafted Tyus. Draft an unathletic small point guard to replace their unathletic small point guard.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:57 am

EMG518 wrote:

well, Tyus > Burke, IMO.

I would die of laughter if they drafted Tyus. Draft an unathletic and small point guard to replace their unathletic and small point guard.

Burke is a chucker and Tyus is a true floor general.

two different players.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

EMG518
Veteran

Post#17 » by EMG518 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:59 am

Mirjalovic wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

well, Tyus > Burke, IMO.

I would die of laughter if they drafted Tyus. Draft an unathletic and small point guard to replace their unathletic and small point guard.

two different players.

Doesnt matter, they are both small unathletic point guards the cant defend a lick. Neither are starters.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jun 2, 2015 2:24 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Mirjalovic wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

two different players.

Doesnt matter, they are both small unathletic point guards the cant defend a lick. Neither are starters.

It does matter, Tyus clearly far better than Burke, and exactly what the Jazz need, a reliable ball handler, with great vision and passing skills.

Sixers fans...

Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,179

Post#19 » by Notanoob » Tue Jun 2, 2015 3:41 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

well, Tyus > Burke, IMO.

two different players.

Oh please, everyone loved Burke's passing and called him a floor general coming out of college. He turned into a chucker because he can't penetrate, because he isn't a good enough athlete, and thus can't actually create looks for his teammates. He's stuck with a defender in front of him and has to jack up jump shots. Jones is the same player as Burke and is a backup in this league just like Burke.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:18 pm

Notanoob wrote:
Mirjalovic wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

two different players.

Oh please, everyone loved Burke's passing and called him a floor general coming out of college. He turned into a chucker because he can't penetrate, because he isn't a good enough athlete, and thus can't actually create looks for his teammates. He's stuck with a defender in front of him and has to jack up jump shots. Jones is the same player as Burke and is a backup in this league just like Burke.

i see Tyus is the same type with Kendall Marshall. Marshall's stats as freshman similliar with Tyus', plus Tyus is a decent shooter in college, unlike Kendall.

as for the bolded part, Kendall is slower and jump lower than some Centers, but he still a true floor general, atleast with the Lakers last year. He can't penetrate well, but he is capable to saw what most PGs can't.

Sixers fans...

Return to NBA Draft