Post#21 » by brackdan70 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Big Jaffa wrote:
neno wrote:Boston at 16
Your 1-3 defense
Bradley
Smart
Rhj
Not too shabby

And no 3 point shooter was seen that day.

Bradley and Smart will both shoot over 37% from 3 next year on moderate to high volume...mark it down.
Sign here
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Re: Chance RHJ pulls a "Terrence Ross"? 

Post#22 » by crows2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:06 pm

How does RHJ compare to Draymond Green? Can he provide similar value to a team trying to emulate the Warriors small-ball style?

Could a team like OKC or Atlanta take him in the mid-first round? If not, I could see the Spurs pouncing.
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#23 » by Masterfully » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:27 pm

crows2 wrote:How does RHJ compare to Draymond Green?

Not well. RHJ is a high energy that flies around the court, but he lacks skill. I'd say he's more like a smaller Tyrus Thomas, or Travis Outlaw without a jumpshot.

crows2 wrote:Could a team like OKC or Atlanta take him in the mid-first round? If not, I could see the Spurs pouncing.

If you believe the hype he looks locked in somewhere mid first round. I doubt San Antonio has much interest due to his lack of skills, that would be very unSpurs of them.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#24 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:50 pm

He's going to be a supersized Tony Allen.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#25 » by LloydFree » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:31 pm

I doubt Ronde gets picked in the top 10, but any team that is considering Justise Winslow in the top 10 would do well to trade back and select Ronde Hollis-Jefferson instead. Hollis-Jefferson can't hit a 3, but he can dribble, pass and hit his Free throws. Hollis-Jefferson will be able to defend more players in the NBA than Winslow, due to his length. Where Jimmy Butler has probably made Justise Winslow a lot of money this year, Andre Iguodala just made Ronde a bunch of cash also.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#26 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:20 pm

I am a RHJ fan. First off he's probably the one of Winslow, Stan and him with the "best tools" defensively because of his long wingspan and imo best defensively. Secondly is the idea that he's this horrendously broken shooter may be flawed. Anyone who hits over 70% from the FT line I say at least has a chance to be ok.
oddwolfhooligan
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#27 » by oddwolfhooligan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 am

Fischella wrote:I dont see how he gets past the Hawks at 15

I think Rondae ends up being one of the 10 best players from this draft, but I doubt he gets drafted before 16. Whether it's fair or not, his lack of a jump shot probably keeps him out of the lottery.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#28 » by humblebum » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:40 am

Taller Tony Allen or a worse shooting/better defending Thad Young seem like decent comps for RHJ. This draft is nuts, wouldn't be surprised to see him late lotto but I also can't see him falling past 16.

Return to NBA Draft