The DeAndre Ayton Thread

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

The DeAndre Ayton Thread 

Post#1 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jun 8, 2015 8:47 pm

How would you guys rate this kid currently, would you guys agree that hes a generational talent ?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: The DeAndre Ayton Thread 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 9, 2015 6:49 pm

really HIGH ceiling. How good he can/will be depends on how humble and hardworking he's willing to be. Its easy to get blinded by all the attention he's going to be receiving and just cost on talent alone, especially for a kid his size.

Right now i think he could play some college ball and be a factor on both ends. I don't know about generational talent though. I will say he has best big in the league upside sooner rather than later if he continues to work hard.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#3 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jun 9, 2015 8:10 pm

Only seen youtube clip and a few draft summaries. Looks like an easy #1 pick at this point (as in if his class was in a draft as of now, I'd take him).

Generational? No, haven't seen anything that separates him from the other 7 foot prospects who have been in his age and not end up being superstar talent.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#4 » by Prez » Tue Jun 9, 2015 8:52 pm

Gonna have to wait and see. He was only a sophomore this year right? He looked very impressive for his age, but kids his age often take HUGE jumps both physically and skill-wise from underclassmen to upperclassmen, he could be a totally different player in the next 2 years. I think by his senior year we'll know whether he's truly one of those rare centers or not. He definitely has the potential though.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#5 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:28 am

Do you guys see any generational talents currently in high school?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#6 » by Marcus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:47 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:Do you guys see any generational talents currently in high school?

At the moment I don't think so. Some really talented kids with NBA stardom in their future but it's too early to say generational.

Kids nowadays have tons of exposure. Not sure the desire to work to be known is there. If their is a generational talent in high school he hasn't been exposed yet.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#7 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:21 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:Do you guys see any generational talents currently in high school?

I think Chol Marial seems like a generational type of talent. I don't think he's even in HS, but the guy is insanely tall. 7'3 with a 7'11 wingspan I believe.

Actually, he is too tall at his age, if he was like 16 and that tall I would be really impressed, but the fact that he's only like 14 and already that big kinda has me thinking he might reach Yao Ming heights - which is a really cool thing to see, but generally speaking is bad for his health in the future.

As of now, he seems pretty good though.

Generally speaking, I think it is too hard to see if someone is a generational talent at a young age, amongst the current upper class man, I would say no. I'm not too big on the 2016 draft class, not even confident in anyone being perennial all-nba. I actually like Malik Newman the most out of everyone, but I wouldn't call him a generational prospect based on his HS resume.

Josh Jackson is interesting for 2017, he seems like the best prospect for the next two drafts on paper, but I haven't looked too hard into his draft class outside of a few guys.

Chol Marial is the last player who has made my eyes pop out, and he's done it at 8th/9th grade - typically I dont get impressed by draft prospect videos from kids that young due to how uneven the playing field is. His NBA body is very enticing though. Good athlete, workable touch, frame isn't done yet.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:18 am

It's still too early to say if there is generational talent, but any of these younger kids could be that. It takes time to develop skills.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#9 » by Zombiesonics » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:24 pm

theres a near generational talent in hs, his name is josh jackson. surefire star , pretty much already ready for the highest level of basketball ( there was some video floating around of him going at afflalo 2 YEARS AGO). wouldn't be surprised if he heads to china/europe for a year.

Return to NBA Draft