Big Market Teams May Want To Stay Away From Kristaps Porzingis

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Disabled Sports
Junior
And1: 711

Big Market Teams May Want To Stay Away From Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#1 » by Disabled Sports » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Disclaimer: I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy so it may be hard to understand me
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhwzqgjVVs[/youtube]
Read on Twitter
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Re: Big Market Teams May Want To Stay Away From Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#2 » by nybluemeadow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:05 am

Kristap from recent pictures and video has seem to gain weight in the last year. Kristap is also projected to be a stretch 4 in the NBA, so nobody is really expecting him to post up that much and with the new rules, and a stretch 4 is way more important than a back to the basket 4. also remember Chris Bosh, KG, and Anthony Davis coming out of college, they were considered skinny but made the transition to the NBA rather quickly. And finally, Anthony Davis showed that you can put on muscle very fast in the NBA even if you have a long frame.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#3 » by giberish » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 am

I do think that New York could be a bad fit for him though.

Modern rookies aren't good, they're valuable for what they develop into a few years down the road. I'd expect the same from Porzingis. Meanwhile the Knicks expect to be good again next year, with Melo, 1 big or 2 medium FA's, a #4 pick and cheap filler. When that doesn't happen the blame has to fall somewhere, and a 'soft' Euro rookie is an easy target. A few rookie struggles and Knick fans and media will be quick to write him off as a hybrid of Bargs, Darko and Weiss.
oneseven
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#4 » by oneseven » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 am

But NYC absolutely loves Bargs ;)
thread killer wrote:Asterisk anything after 1989. The 4-team expansion ruined the NBA and all its history and records like steroids ruined baseball.

Amen brother
Disabled Sports
Junior
And1: 711

Post#5 » by Disabled Sports » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:08 am

the ny media will put pressure on him
BringtheD
Sixth Man
And1: 121

Post#6 » by BringtheD » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm

i would've thought porzingis would be better off in a small market, but i'm sure jackson knows how to take care of his draft pick and keep him on straight and narrow, which just seems impossible to do in nyc, then there is the media, i don't know how his charisma is, but he seems like a likeable kid.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#7 » by Goner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Porzingis was the absolute best the Knicks could have done with available knowledge. Further, if the Knicks do intend to toss a huge contract at Monroe, which all sources point towards, this could be an ideal back court pairing. Monroe is like a better version of Kanter, and Porzingis may very well be the next Ibaka. Also, Calderon is actually a decent fit for the triangle, as all PG's do in that system is bring the ball up the court, shoot threes and pretend to play defense (D Fish). Good job by Phil, horrible reaction by fans.

All this considered, you were right, even though the considerations pertain more to feelings- the feelings of the fans and the feelings of Porzingis- and not to basketball reasons.

Return to NBA Draft