Draft night is my fav night of the year!

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Draft night is my fav night of the year! 

Post#1 » by accelerator » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:38 pm

My 13 year son and I go all out come draft night. Another year in hopes our fav teams draft the next great player or surprise find from all over the world. Every year we hope for a huber pick, better pick, trade or something that vaults our team up in the standings. Also to make us excited to go see a few games and get new shirts and gear. Most of the time it's a big let down, but never have we wavered from making a super big special night for us and our Celtics. Anyone else enjoy it so much?
Go Celts!
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Re: Draft night is my fav night of the year! 

Post#2 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

I like draft night a lot, I should go to them since I live in NYC.

I follow draft prospects all year around, and many of these guys I've known for 2 or 3 years before they were drafted, some of the upperclassmen even longer. It's exciting seeing where each guy goes.
accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Post#3 » by accelerator » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:21 am

Right on, you should go. I told my son if we ever get the number one pic we'd take the long trip and go ourselves. Not happened yet.
Go Celts!
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,174

Post#4 » by Frank Dux » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:30 am

As a Laker fan, draft night has been our playoffs over the last couple years.
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#5 » by Masterfully » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 am

It's appointment TV for me. Get off work early and make last minute adjustments to my big board. Start planning out which teams I want to waych during summer league.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#6 » by Moooose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:36 am

Ditto. I just love the draft, it is like presents unfolding before your very eyes. Lol.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#7 » by EMG518 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:08 am

Love the draft, really exciting. The picks, the trades, unpredictable.
Westbreezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Post#8 » by Westbreezy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:42 am

Even as a Laker fan I would always watch the draft and jealously wish that we had a lottery pick. Even years where we won the championship or went late in the playoffs I just wanted to join in on the excitement...

Now with the perspective of being in the lottery for 2 years... I guess I didn't realize how agonizing it is to watch a terrible team play from November to April just to be rewarded for 1 night. Ill take the fun of watching a good team again :pray:
dub81 wrote:Byron had to do one of two things this year: Either win games or develop the youth. Swung and missed wildly on both.

Lakers 2015-16 Season in a Nutshell
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#9 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Family man with 2 kids and full time corporate job here and draft night, my family knows I'm to be uninterrupted while upstairs watching the draft. Own pizza, laptop, and 55". Total geek mode but its my one fathers day request.
Xsy
Analyst
And1: 2,237

Post#10 » by Xsy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:06 pm

This is the least excited about the draft that I've been in years, since my team already has a young player or two at every position, and we're picking pretty low in the lottery at #12.

That being said, I asked for work off, and can't wait to watch the drama unfold. I totally plan on ignoring Twitter this year, as it tends to ruin the suspense and thrill of the draft.
Jazz on your face.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#11 » by SuigintouEV » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Draft night is the night of dissapointments for me. I was too young when we drafted Vince and McGrady to really have followed, then in more recent years, off the top of my head Araujo over Iguodala, Bargnani over Aldridge, and a slew of ~$9-10 picks that projected as role players. Retrospectively even the "hits" - Valencunias, Bosh and Derozan, were just tier II complementary stars.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Return to NBA Draft