Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Bracket Revealed!)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Round 9 here we come, time to take risks) 

Post#201 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Domejandro wrote:I want to believe that high-school players are not eligible to be drafted. I am not positive, but I want to thing it is strictly college and pro players.

Just to let you know that you are OTC for your 9th round pick. Thanks!

Trey Burke was the other player I was looking at during my last picks. I saw more upside with Goodwin (younger)/Kanter (proven), which is why I chose them. I was hoping Burke would have fell to me, but it wasn't meant to be lol. Burke did get a little worse in his second year compared to his first year so it's definitely a very risk pick. Hopefully he can improve his shooting in his 3rd year since he was pretty good at Michigan. Good pick nonetheless at this point in the game!
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Round 9 here we come, time to take risks) 

Post#202 » by PaKii94 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:10 am

oh dang I have 2 players in mind and hope they fall to me

edit: wow we still at round 9?
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#203 » by damecurry » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:41 am

hey guys,
if you're having fun with this game but are bored of the slow pace, or want something else to play as this is nearing it's end, you should head on over to the Trade and Transaction Games Sub-forum. We're starting up a new gmat game and as a twist are doing a 3 round draft component, so it'll be kinda similar to this just more in-depth with trading/faux free agency and such. If you have any questions just check out the sub-forum or feel free to e-mail me: wallengms@gmail.com
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#204 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:31 pm

The deadline has passed yet again so Domejandro can make his pick whenever. immortalone23 will be OTC. We are averaging a pick a day recently, but we have done a round in a day in the past so I know we can do it (maybe it was the weekend?). We only have 39 picks to go! Come on guys...don't let me down! The end is so close, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Let's do this!
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,959

Post#205 » by Domejandro » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

I am rather salty that Doug McDermott was picked, as I thought I might get an absolute steal, give me a second, I think I am drafting the player I wanted to draft back when I picked Elfriid Payton. Apologies for missing the deadline, the past couple days have been rather busy.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#206 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Domejandro wrote:I am rather salty that Doug McDermott was picked, as I thought I might get an absolute steal, give me a second, I think I am drafting the player I wanted to draft back when I picked Elfriid Payton. Apologies for missing the deadline, the past couple days have been rather busy.

Hey man just wanted to let you know that you are back otc for round 10. Thanks!
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#207 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 am

Nice to see the draft pick up a little bit...33 picks to go! Lebron James and Kyle Anderson were great picks, I was thinking about drafting one of them this round. LBJ is one of the GOAT as hard as it is for me to say...you have to give him his due and Kyle Anderson had a great summer league so it's worth a shot at this point.

All picks/rosters have been updated.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Round 10: the end is near!) 

Post#208 » by Domejandro » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:29 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vjEtssiZy0suOK4ok1WEBx7jKl2N1VWEvRKCbc1kA4w/edit?usp=sharing

The chart is finally updated after three days of little updates.

Great pick with LeBron James, I was going to likely pick him instead of Nik Stauskas if he fell (I never thought I would say something like that, haha).
JoelNoel
Sixth Man
And1: 121

Post#209 » by JoelNoel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Domejandro wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vjEtssiZy0suOK4ok1WEBx7jKl2N1VWEvRKCbc1kA4w/edit?usp=sharing

Great pick with LeBron James, I was going to likely pick him instead of Nik Stauskas if he fell (I never thought I would say something like that, haha).

Thanks. I was really hoping he'd fall to me at that pick. I even considered taking him the previous go-around.

Right now, I think I'm going to move Russell to the 2, and go with a back court like Phoenix did with Dragic/Bledsoe/Isiah Thomas.

PG - Cameron Payne/Smart/Russell
SG - Russell/Lebron/Smart
SF - Ingram/Lebron
PF - Griffin/Faried
C - Okafor/Deandre/Whiteside
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#210 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Mirjalovic is OTC. Deadline has passed for aruan135 so he can make his pick whenever. I'm thinking about changing the deadline for Round 11/12 so we can get back to the real fun and begin voting!
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#211 » by Domejandro » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 pm

JoelNoel wrote:
Domejandro wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vjEtssiZy0suOK4ok1WEBx7jKl2N1VWEvRKCbc1kA4w/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks. I was really hoping he'd fall to me at that pick. I even considered taking him the previous go-around.

Right now, I think I'm going to move Russell to the 2, and go with a back court like Phoenix did with Dragic/Bledsoe/Isiah Thomas.

PG - Cameron Payne/Smart/Russell
SG - Russell/Lebron/Smart
SF - Ingram/Lebron
PF - Griffin/Faried
C - Okafor/Deandre/Whiteside

It should now be fixed up. If anyone else has changes to their rosters, certainly tell me,
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Time for Round 8,can you find a gem?) 

Post#212 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:14 am

damecurry wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
SimonFish wrote:It still shows as Bojan on the document...

:-? I have no idea how that happened. Now it should hopefully be patched along with the Alex Len mix up.

nice, thanks for doing that chart man, it's dope.

Not sure if you saw your email, but I just wanted to let you know that you are OTC for Round 10. Thanks!
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#213 » by pelifan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Lebron and Burks were great picks
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#214 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:49 am

DoubleHappiness wrote:I wish we didn't have to draft NCAA guys. There are still quite a few guys out there I think will be monsters and I also wish this was a 15 player draft. But alas it is not.

Before beginning the game, I thought adding NCAA guys would help complete a minimum roster of a team (12) since I felt like there wouldn't be many NBA players to choose from during these last couple rounds, which I believe is the case still. It would be very very very slim pickings if we did 15 rounds in my opinion.

I totally forget about Bradley...that was a solid pick PaKii94. There are two NBA players who I was thinking about taking this round, but I would rather take the chance at this point (with Jackson/LeVert likelier getting selected before my last pick so went with them) and hopefully one of these players can fall to me with the last pick. Both of these players have potential to have a breakout 2015-16 season.

All rosters/picks have been updated. A FYI for teams who need to draft a college player in round 11 or 12 or both rounds.

College Players Draft
Mirjalovic-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
PaKii94-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
Domejandro-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
aruan135-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)

damecurry-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
Justwar-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
immortalone23-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
JoelNoel-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
DroppinDimes-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
SimonFish-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)

DoubleHappiness-0 (need to select college player in both round 11 and 12)
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Discussion (Round 11: time for college players) 

Post#215 » by SimonFish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 am

I have a guy whom I really like at Round 11. Hope Justwar won't take him. :pray:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#216 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:29 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:I wish we didn't have to draft NCAA guys. There are still quite a few guys out there I think will be monsters and I also wish this was a 15 player draft. But alas it is not.

Before beginning the game, I thought adding NCAA guys would help complete a minimum roster of a team (12) since I felt like there wouldn't be many NBA players to choose from during these last couple rounds, which I believe is the case still. It would be very very very slim pickings if we did 15 rounds in my opinion.

I totally forget about Bradley...that was a solid pick PaKii94. There are two NBA players who I was thinking about taking this round, but I would rather take the chance at this point (with Jackson/LeVert likelier getting selected before my last pick so went with them) and hopefully one of these players can fall to me with the last pick. Both of these players have potential to have a breakout 2015-16 season.

All rosters/picks have been updated. A FYI for teams who need to draft a college player in round 11 or 12 or both rounds.

College Players Draft
Mirjalovic-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
PaKii94-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
Domejandro-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)
aruan135-2 (can only select NBA player for both rounds)

damecurry-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
Justwar-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
immortalone23-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
JoelNoel-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
DroppinDimes-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)
SimonFish-1 (need to select college player in either round 11 or 12)

DoubleHappiness-0 (need to select college player in both round 11 and 12)

thanks i needed a defensive combo guard. He will be pretty old but defense doesn't fade as much as offense and hes not gonna be asked to do much besides defend and hit the occasional shot
aruan135
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#217 » by aruan135 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 am

SimonFish wrote:I have a guy whom I really like at Round 11. Hope Justwar won't take him. :pray:

you took Motie.. :cry:
I need to find some veteran then

Love the versatility in Ola, KCP, StanJo and my bigs

Kyrie Irving (28-33) / Melo Trimble (25-30) *College
Victor Oladipo (28-33) / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (27-32)
Stanley Johnson (24-29) / Doug McDermott (28-33) / Justin Anderson (26-31)
Nerlens Noel (26-31) / Myles Turner (24-29)
Jusuf Nurkic (25-30) / Jakob Poeltl (24-29) *College
Real men wears red, not headband :devil:

Scarface wrote:Beverley, Butler, Aminu, Portis, Hibbert - Thibs kinda team :roll:
damecurry
General Manager

Post#218 » by damecurry » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Hey guys,
at least four of you I've seen sign up in the gmat thread over on the T&T games sub-forum and that's awesome! Glad people are gonna give it a shot. But we need only 1 more player for the game to start! So if there's anyone here who hasn't signed up but think it might be fun, please come on over and get the game started up for us.
DroppinDimes
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#219 » by DroppinDimes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:34 pm

damecurry wrote:Hey guys,
at least four of you I've seen sign up in the gmat thread over on the T&T games sub-forum and that's awesome! Glad people are gonna give it a shot. But we need only 1 more player for the game to start! So if there's anyone here who hasn't signed up but think it might be fun, please come on over and get the game started up for us.

I just responded that I'll join. I haven't gone through anything yet so not sure exactly what I joined :) but I'm down to try it.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#220 » by damecurry » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:42 pm

DroppinDimes wrote:
damecurry wrote:Hey guys,

I just responded that I'll join. I haven't gone through anything yet so not sure exactly what I joined :) but I'm down to try it.

The basic concept is that you are the gm of whatever team you're assigned and it's your job to make them better in whatever direction you think they should go, whether that's winning now, doing a 76ers style rebuild, or whatever. Use real-life salaries, pick situations, and most (but not all) cba rules. Details are available in the sub-forum and if you have any questions/confusion feel free to ask anything in the discussion thread. It's fairly complicated but not so bad once you get used to it. Glad you signed up man, look forward to playing with you!

Return to NBA Draft