The 2017 draft could be tremendous

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Re: Re: The 2017 draft could be tremendous 

Post#21 » by immortalone23 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Fischella wrote:Not a fan of Tatum at all.
Giles is the real deal.

Cmon it's cuz he goes to Duke right? I think he'll make a fine pro.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by No-Man » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:23 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
Giles is the real deal.

not at all, i am not a duke hater, i just dont see it with him, to justify the hype, he should be afine player, but far from a star.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: The 2017 draft could be tremendous 

Post#23 » by Marcus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:00 am

Tatums lack of physical gifts is his main knock but it's a pretty big one. He extremely skilled but average burst speed hops and skinny. The weight may be the biggest thing holding him back since everything else can be worked around.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#24 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Fischella wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:
Giles is the real deal.

not at all, i am not a duke hater, i just dont see it with him, to justify the hype, he should be afine player, but far from a star.

I'm completely with you. I don't see anything special out of Tatum.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#25 » by Zombiesonics » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm

monk plays nothing like a point guard. anybody who has seen him play knows he likes to get shots up and just score in general because of how easy it is. he gets so high on his jumper its quite easy for him to score, rarely runs point on the aau level. he will however guard elite pgs so thats intriguing. interesting shooting guard prospect for sure.

there will also be some 2015 hs guys who develop a year and come out as sophomores right? I'm going to a maryland game this winter, I think if stone loses some weight he could be a nice 'stretch 5' hoford esque. Think he needs time to develop his body, so leaving as after 2 yrs a la alex len makes sense.

no clue about the euros
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Re: Re: Re: The 2017 draft could be tremendous 

Post#26 » by immortalone23 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Fischella wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:Cmon it's cuz he goes to Duke right? I think he'll make a fine pro.

I just love his ability to work from mid post.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Fischella wrote:not at all, i am not a duke hater, i just dont see it with him, to justify the hype, he should be afine player, but far from a star.

skillwise right now he's a terror. its when the rest of the talent around him and against him catches up with that, what happens then? that's the question with him.

rest of the kids projected in his class aren't light years behind him in skill but are pretty far ahead of him athletically. Its not to say he won't be good. I still like the kid a lot. Just saying his lack of physical gifts compared to the kids drafted with him could be the difference in draft stock and to what heights they acheive in the league.

Personally i think putting on weight will be the key. He doesn't need to jump out the gym or be the fastest/quickest guy out there. He will need to put some rocks in those pockets though at some point for that skill to shine.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by immortalone23 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

skillwise right now he's a terror. its when the rest of the talent around him and against him catches up with that, what happens then? that's the question with him.

rest of the kids projected in his class aren't light years behind him in skill but are pretty far ahead of him athletically. Its not to say he won't be good. I still like the kid a lot. Just saying his lack of physical gifts compared to the kids drafted with him could be the difference in draft stock and to what heights they acheive in the league.

Personally i think putting on weight will be the key. He doesn't need to jump out the gym or be the fastest/quickest guy out there. He will need to put some rocks in those pockets though at some point for that skill to shine.

we are always discussing this one way or another.... Like how a guy like Julius Randle dominated because of his athleticism and then we realized he's not as athletic as we thought.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:57 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:I just love his ability to work from mid post.

we are always discussing this one way or another.... Like how a guy like Julius Randle dominated because of his athleticism and then we realized he's not as athletic as we thought.

fair enough. time will obviously tell. Whose athleticism in the projected 2017 class do you have questions about?
Watch More Basketball

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#30 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:20 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:I just love his ability to work from mid post.

I still think Randle is athletic. He hasn't played enough barring a major injury in the NBA to say otherwise. He doesn't have a great vertical, but he's pretty explosive and he's quick for being as big as he is. And the way he whips his body around in the post is really quick -- almost as quick as Wiggins in the post. Randle just looks lost and like he's coming back from injuries. I think Randle can be a David Lee type player. He just has to realize he isn't LeBron-lite. I'm actually surprised how bad his touch has looked around the basket, but I think he's afraid to use his body right now.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 2017 draft could be tremendous 

Post#31 » by immortalone23 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:43 am

Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

fair enough. time will obviously tell. Whose athleticism in the projected 2017 class do you have questions about?

Ferguson is in this class right? Him, Thon, and probably Monk.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 2017 draft could be tremendous 

Post#32 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:36 am

immortalone23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:we are always discussing this one way or another.... Like how a guy like Julius Randle dominated because of his athleticism and then we realized he's not as athletic as we thought.

Ferguson is in this class right? Him, Thon, and probably Monk.

Thon makes sense. Fergs seemed legit when I watched him. Haven't seen enough Monk to call it. I have questions in general about him.
Watch More Basketball

pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#33 » by pohani komarac » Sun Aug 2, 2015 4:08 pm

What ever draft sites write now Ivica Zubac will be lotery pick in 2017 if he stays injury free and Marc Gasol type of center.

He has evrything for it. After he intrduced him self on U-19 WC to world where he showed his of ball game, soft hands and scoring potential. During U-18 he showed his back to basket skills (wich have so much room to impruve as he gets expiriance and his footwork catch up), midrange jumpshot, shoot blocking and passing abilitys. An also shoot FT 75%

The fact he only plays basketball for 4 years while missing full season do to injury making him basketball player for only 3 years and that his body is late bloming leavs him so much space to impruve

That's why for years I'm claming his best Croatian center since Dino Radja and litle by litle with years go he is proving me right
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#34 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:58 pm

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtyiKYp86m0[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/qtyiKYp86m0

Forget 2017, 2024 is where it's at, Kai Davis is nasty. That will most likely be the best draft till 2028, my one year old thre his fork into the sink from 15 feet away, future #1 pick.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#35 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:54 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtyiKYp86m0[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/qtyiKYp86m0

Forget 2017, 2024 is where it's at, Kai Davis is nasty. That will most likely be the best draft till 2028, my one year old thre his fork into the sink from 15 feet away, future #1 pick.

Not shifty enough
immortalone23
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by immortalone23 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:04 pm

im sooo done
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
dundundun
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#37 » by dundundun » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Josh Jackson is the guy I'm really excited for. He's my favorite prospect of the past few years, I love his game.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#38 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:10 pm

dundundun wrote:Josh Jackson is the guy I'm really excited for. He's my favorite prospect of the past few years, I love his game.

He seems like a slightly poor mans version of Wiggins right now.
dundundun
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#39 » by dundundun » Wed Sep 2, 2015 2:50 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:
dundundun wrote:Josh Jackson is the guy I'm really excited for. He's my favorite prospect of the past few years, I love his game.

He seems like a slightly poor mans version of Wiggins right now.

I think hes kind of a poor man's Wiggins physically/athletically but the reason I like Jackson so much is that he has a strong handle and legit playmaking ability. I don't know how to say this exactly, but when I watch him play he just looks like a natural basketball player, as opposed to a guy with unreal physical ability who happens to be really good at basketball. BTW I'm a big fan of Wiggins so this isn't meant to diss him.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#40 » by ImChillin01 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:35 pm

Damn so this is going to get as hyped as 2014 or will get more hype

Return to NBA Draft