Isaiah Briscoe

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Isaiah Briscoe 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Dec 1, 2015 10:26 pm

He is a player who's numbers jumped out to me when looking over them. By averaging 2.2 stls, 8.3 reb and 4.4 asts per 40 minutes this could get him some attention by the advanced stats guys if it keeps up. The scoring and shooting % is coming along more slowly but scored 18 pts last game and could pick up over time. Could end up a significant prospect
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Re: Isaiah Briscoe 

Post#2 » by reanimator » Tue Dec 1, 2015 11:20 pm

Has a ways to go with decision making. Over dribbles and gets in the paint with nowhere to go.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#3 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 1, 2015 11:57 pm

Bris still scares me with his finishing at the rim. He doesn't get off the floor very well and doesn't seem to want to add that necessary floater to negate that fact. Jumper needs work, free throws need work, and yeah he needs to work on his PG skillset. Outside of that I like the size. He moves better laterally than I thought. Defends well and I like his handle and how he can get to the cup.

Dunno where I see him landing though in the draft or if he even lands in this draft at all.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#4 » by Undefeated » Wed Dec 2, 2015 2:20 am

Marcus wrote:Bris still scares me with his finishing at the rim. He doesn't get off the floor very well and doesn't seem to want to add that necessary floater to negate that fact.

Not sure why you think Zay's finishing at the rim is a problem. I haven't really dived into UK's film except for their game against Duke, and I thought he showed off the necessary craftiness around the rim and use of the glass against one of the better front courts in the nation. Used his body extremely well to create separation.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/666789982732836864[/tweet]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_smY7tAsuQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#5 » by Justwar » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:52 am

All of uks guards finish at a elite level. Briscoe reminds me a lot of rondo, but without the burst. Rebounds defends passes penetrates but same flaws.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 2, 2015 12:13 pm

Briscoe is not anything like Rondo come on, he doesnt know how to run a team and he is a better shooter.
Briscoe is pretty much Randy Foye.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 2, 2015 6:31 pm

Undefeated wrote:
Marcus wrote:Bris still scares me with his finishing at the rim. He doesn't get off the floor very well and doesn't seem to want to add that necessary floater to negate that fact.

Not sure why you think Zay's finishing at the rim is a problem. I haven't really dived into UK's film except for their game against Duke, and I thought he showed off the necessary craftiness around the rim and use of the glass against one of the better front courts in the nation. Used his body extremely well to create separation.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/666789982732836864[/tweet]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_smY7tAsuQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Like i said he needs to add a floater to his arsenal to deal with NBA level rim-protection. Not saying he isn't crafty not saying he can't use glass. Just feels like a kid that determined to get to the cup is going to see much more resistance at the next level than he will in college and a floater will be a necessity.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 2, 2015 6:34 pm

Fischella wrote:Briscoe is not anything like Rondo come on, he doesnt know how to run a team and he is a better shooter.
Briscoe is pretty much Randy Foye.

Not super familiar with Randy Foye coming out from Nova but I thought he was a knockdown shooter? Do you see Briscoe as that?
Watch More Basketball

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Post#9 » by HotelVitale » Wed Dec 2, 2015 7:32 pm

Undefeated wrote:

Hmm, that video doesn't show any 'craftiness,' just a standard reverse (with Plumlee blowing the help D) and then a tough flip/lay-up after the defender blocked the ball for a second. Nothing there to support or detract from concerns about his finishing.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Undefeated » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:05 am

Marcus wrote:Like i said he needs to add a floater to his arsenal to deal with NBA level rim-protection. Not saying he isn't crafty not saying he can't use glass. Just feels like a kid that determined to get to the cup is going to see much more resistance at the next level than he will in college and a floater will be a necessity.

Unless I read your post wrong, I thought you meant he wasn't very crafty around the rim so he needed to add a floater/teardrop to his toolbox in order to combat the lack of creativity against lengthier defenders at the next level.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Undefeated » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:16 am

HotelVitale wrote:Hmm, that video doesn't show any 'craftiness,' just a standard reverse (with Plumlee blowing the help D) and then a tough flip/lay-up after the defender blocked the ball for a second. Nothing there to support or detract from concerns about his finishing.

Evading the shot-blocker then using the rim to protect the ball from it being blocked from behind is crafty. Most guys would probably drive right into Amile's body and that could go either way with a block/charge call.

Not sure where you're seeing Zay getting blocked in the second clip, but that's an impressive finish with the use of his strength to finish through Grayson. I don't think I ever said that was a crafty finish; but, excellent use of his upper body strength to create separation against the defender.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 3, 2015 7:42 am

Undefeated wrote:
Marcus wrote:Like i said he needs to add a floater to his arsenal to deal with NBA level rim-protection. Not saying he isn't crafty not saying he can't use glass. Just feels like a kid that determined to get to the cup is going to see much more resistance at the next level than he will in college and a floater will be a necessity.

Unless I read your post wrong, I thought you meant he wasn't very crafty around the rim so he needed to add a floater/teardrop to his toolbox in order to combat the lack of creativity against lengthier defenders at the next level.

Kids body will allow him to get into the paint and take contact fine. I've seen him use spins and kisses and reverses around the cup. I'm saying when he drives he has a tendency to go right to the cup no matter what and because he doesnt have bounce if he can't create the necessary angles to use that kiss he's gonna swallow quite a few layups in the league if he doesn't add a floater.

Think the focus is so much on creating contact that he's neglecting the weapon a floater can be.
Watch More Basketball

Bucks2585
Junior
And1: 62

Post#13 » by Bucks2585 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 9:29 pm

THoughts on him in year 2? Surprised people don't talk about him with the attention no Andy Fox get. Has a big PG body, looks to have improved to a passable 3 point shooter. Finishing decent with a 47% FG percentage. Gets to the line a decent amount and does have the type of body at the NBA level to live at the line after finishing in the paint. Has to guard bigger players playing SF, but that could translate well towards hi,m becoming a good defensive player, added experience guarding guys with physical advantages over you in the NBA. With him entering his 2nd season and playing well as well as being a highly rated recruit, what are the thoughts on his improvement?

Return to NBA Draft