rate this draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Jbcorner3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: rate this draft 

Post#21 » by Jbcorner3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:19 am

I think it's going to be a weak draft overall.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#22 » by HotelVitale » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Fischella wrote:
damecurry wrote:I'm not as knowledgeable as some but I know a fair bit, let's see:
Average, this is very nebulous, 2015 was thought to be average-slightly below and look now, might turn out better than the much hyped 2014.

eeeh 2015 was clearly as strong as 2014 and nevertheless, a clearly above average and strong draft.
no one, never, valued it as belowaverage or average.

No, it definitely started out being talked about that way IIRC. Never below average but not super exciting, maybe a bit above average.

Jahlil was always a solid top prospects, but lacking elite athleticism took him down some. After that, Mudiay was the #2 guy and he had question marks. The two stars so far--Towns and Porzingis--were on everyone's radar but their brilliance only came out as the season unfolded. Everyone else in the top 10 was the usual--some combo of good size and skill, but without being elite at either and having some other issues.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#23 » by damecurry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:04 pm

I think people are really sleeping on Brandon Ingram. The kid is a year younger than everybody else and pretty darn raw but he's got great length, excellent shooting form, his natural tools are really impressive. He's definitely a "big risk big reward" kinda prospect but the ceiling is ridiculous imo.
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: rate this draft 

Post#24 » by janmagn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
janmagn wrote:
damecurry wrote:I'm not as knowledgeable as some but I know a fair bit, let's see:

Average, this is very nebulous, 2015 was thought to be average-slightly below and look now, might turn out better than the much hyped 2014. I think the issue is there's only 1 prospect with obvious star potential (Simmons) and even he's got a few ? still. The top 5-7 are all quite good and pretty jumbled but I don't think there's a lot of true super-star ability there, but there will be several all-stars I'm pretty confident.

The top is strange because it's 5-7 deep and they all look good but it lacks the can't-miss prospects. The middle looks good, a lot of intriguing, could surprise types. Bottom kinda gets old and odd/international quick, could be alright but idk. that's my least familiar area.

THe big positions are pretty strong, I only see 2 good natural C candidates but there are some combo bigs who may become 5s that look good. SF is actually pretty strong at the top if Simmons plays the 3. I'm not sure it is that strong at PG, Murray looks like a 2 and there's a lot of combo-guards that I don't see running an nba offense so it may actually be better at the 2.

There's a Kristaps Porzingis impersonator, a Hezonja impersonator that's not as touted, some longshot/high potential guys, it's actually pretty thin compared to last year but not bad.

Bleacher Report compared 2015 to 2003

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

2015 was thought to be a weak class flat out. 2014, the draft that has ended up relatively unimpressive was the one compared to 2003.

damecurry wrote:

There's a Kristaps Porzingis impersonator, a Hezonja impersonator that's not as touted, some longshot/high potential guys, it's actually pretty thin compared to last year but not bad.

This seems strangely biased. Saying Korkmaz is not as highly touted as Hezonja is not incorrect, but how come you did not acknowledge that Bender is more touted than Porzingis was?

The comparison was made a couple of weeks ago, not before the draft. Don't have the link right now

damecurry
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: rate this draft 

Post#25 » by damecurry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:08 pm

janmagn wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:
janmagn wrote:Bleacher Report compared 2015 to 2003

2015 was thought to be a weak class flat out. 2014, the draft that has ended up relatively unimpressive was the one compared to 2003.

damecurry wrote:

This seems strangely biased. Saying Korkmaz is not as highly touted as Hezonja is not incorrect, but how come you did not acknowledge that Bender is more touted than Porzingis was?

The comparison was made a couple of weeks ago, not before the draft. Don't have the link right now

which is not at all what I was referring to so that comment was out of context and irrelevant.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#26 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:02 pm

damecurry wrote:I think people are really sleeping on Brandon Ingram. The kid is a year younger than everybody else and pretty darn raw but he's got great length, excellent shooting form, his natural tools are really impressive. He's definitely a "big risk big reward" kinda prospect but the ceiling is ridiculous imo.

Agreed with everything you said. Many were kinda questioning him coming into this year and the beginning of the year was proving people like myself right. He looked horrible on both ends of the field. Now the last two games he had the dude looked like the guy with the sky high potential everyone was talking about. Now that being said it was Buffalo and Indiana, both really bad defensive teams. So I like many others are kinda sitting back and waiting to see if he can keep up his recent play when he goes against legit defense. His weight is an issue but basing off his dad and just how his body looks, many believe he wont have to much of a problem putting on weight. The dude is 6'9.5 and crazy long arms, he can make some noise at the top of the draft if the Ingram we saw in the last few games is the real Ingram
damecurry
General Manager

Post#27 » by damecurry » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:05 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
damecurry wrote:I think people are really sleeping on Brandon Ingram. The kid is a year younger than everybody else and pretty darn raw but he's got great length, excellent shooting form, his natural tools are really impressive. He's definitely a "big risk big reward" kinda prospect but the ceiling is ridiculous imo.

Agreed with everything you said. Many were kinda questioning him coming into this year and the beginning of the year was proving people like myself right. He looked horrible on both ends of the field. Now the last two games he had the dude looked like the guy with the sky high potential everyone was talking about. Now that being said it was Buffalo and Indiana, both really bad defensive teams. So I like many others are kinda sitting back and waiting to see if he can keep up his recent play when he goes against legit defense. His weight is an issue but basing off his dad and just how his body looks, many believe he wont have to much of a problem putting on weight. The dude is 6'9.5 and crazy long arms, he can make some noise at the top of the draft if the Ingram we saw in the last few games is the real Ingram

Yeah I mean he's very different than, just as the standard example, lebron. He's not a full-grown beast-man at the age of 18, he's thin and not that strong and I don't think he's ready right now to play in college let alone the nba. He's definitely a major project. You just don't see guys with his length, quickness and smooth shooting mechanics, like, ever though. Just his tools are so tantalizing. He reminds me a lot of Giannis as a prospect except he can shoot and he's actually on the radar.

Return to NBA Draft