Dillon Brooks

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Dillon Brooks 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 am

What can people tell me about him? His measurements on DX are laughable, but he still seems to be a decent player.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
rapz101
Senior
And1: 716

Re: Dillon Brooks 

Post#2 » by rapz101 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:16 am

hes athletic vertically, but his agility east to west leaves a lot to be desired, hes not really a good man on man defender.

however on offense he does a little bit of everything, he can shoot, handle the ball a bit, hes athletic enough to dunk on people and finish at the rim. He can also rebound the ball pretty well.

His defense just really sucks...and tbh i dont think its a lack of effort, i think he just really sucks on defense, thats what i got from watching him play at least.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:54 pm

rapz101 wrote:hes athletic vertically, but his agility east to west leaves a lot to be desired, hes not really a good man on man defender.

however on offense he does a little bit of everything, he can shoot, handle the ball a bit, hes athletic enough to dunk on people and finish at the rim. He can also rebound the ball pretty well.

His defense just really sucks...and tbh i dont think its a lack of effort, i think he just really sucks on defense, thats what i got from watching him play at least.

His on-ball defense is fine, it's his interior defense that is just ****. I think he's out of shape and maybe just doesn't know how to defend. He can really play though.
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Post#4 » by Derento » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 pm

I like him a lot as player but his rebounding atrocious for a forward.
He should play SG in the NBA.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#5 » by jonjames » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Ceiling..Danny Green? He's a better athlete than green tho.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#6 » by GimmeDat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Haven't seen much of him, but between measurements and skill-set, I can't say I'm too high on him.
LonZoBallin
Rookie
And1: 539

Post#7 » by LonZoBallin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 am

Doesn't seem quick enough.

Doesn't have the height for his position

has t-rex arms

But he is tough as nails and knows how to play basketball. Def a guy you'd want in a rec league game but idk abt the NBA. Solid all-around game but doesn't have the size or athletic ability to compete at the highest level imo
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#8 » by RipCity71252 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 am

Yeah not a big fan of Dillon Brooks. He's tough and has some IQ but I don't trust his shot mechanics at the nba line and he plays like star offensively the way he likes to hold and jab and he's going to have cut that all out as he transitions into being a role player at the next level.

I also question his ability to create against nba level wings. He really only had success getting into the lane against college level 4's.

So I guess his floor of being below average on both ends with just ok at best tools for an NBA SF pushes him into mid/late 2nd for me.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#9 » by DrCoach » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 am

PoorMans Paul Pierce
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#10 » by Upperclass » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 am

His measurables are sh*t, but he has a factor about him. Reminds me alot of Draymond.. his energy level. I think he becomes a run the offense, rotation guy off the bench at the least, and maybe a starting 2 guard in the danny green mold at best.. if he gets his shot together.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#11 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 am

He just has a really good feel for the game and get hot. I'm not too high on him just because lack of wingspan/lack of athleticism/inconsistency defensively, but I could see him as a bench player who can get a few buckets quickly in some situations. When bigger college guys guarded him he had a really hard time and he wasn't quick enough to have an advantage with speed.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,242

Post#12 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Realistically, I believe he can play in the NBA, but he has to get in tip-top shape. To me he looks a little bulky and it will cause all sorts of problems for him at the next level. He has a good frame, so if he can get into excellent shape, with his shot and toughness, there may be a place for him. He's a specific type of player though and needs a team that can put him in a role.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#13 » by Village Idiot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 pm

RipCity71252 wrote:Yeah not a big fan of Dillon Brooks. He's tough and has some IQ but I don't trust his shot mechanics at the nba line and he plays like star offensively the way he likes to hold and jab and he's going to have cut that all out as he transitions into being a role player at the next level.

I also question his ability to create against nba level wings. He really only had success getting into the lane against college level 4's.

So I guess his floor of being below average on both ends with just ok at best tools for an NBA SF pushes him into mid/late 2nd for me.
I agree with your assessment but the fact that Brogdon has done so well indicates that his limitations might be overcome if can get over not being "the man" in the NBA. He seems fairly crafty to me although less so than Brogdon.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to NBA Draft