Miles Bridges

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Miles Bridges 

Post#1 » by Killboard » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:01 pm

I didnt see a post for him so I decided to create it.

Like a Twolf I think our team needs a forward who can play both positions, and Miles seems able to do it (at least in college). His combination of phisicallity and athleticism is hard to see. In top of that he seems to be a really efficient player, very good fulfilling the boxscore with non scoring stats.

He is only average sized for a 3 and would be undersized (at least lenght wise) for full time PF but I wonder if he could work against small ball PF's. Other big question would be if he can spread the floor effectively, at least making 3's from the corner.

In our projected range I would prefer Anunoby but Miles would be a better all round player.

Have some thoughts?
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Re: Miles Bridges 

Post#2 » by CptCrunch » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:22 pm

Miles Bridges is the classic example of an hyper athletic tweener. He has the skillset of a 4, but the size of an undersized 3 or oversized 2. Fairly pedestrian wingspan to boot.

6'5" without shoes, 6'6" with shoes, measured in 2014, 2016. Did not appear to have grown.

I think his draft position is basically dependent on his workout. How well can he shoot at the end of the season, and how do teams forecast his ability to defend the wing position in the NBA. I don't see him breaking 8-9, and don't see him falling below 20 due to his athleticism.

Difficult to project players like him; the low skill, high athleticism type. I guess maturity, work ethic and team development will play a big part in his NBA career.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#3 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:34 pm

I've said it before but he reminds of a slightly better version of Justin Anderson. Really strong under athletic 6'6 wing with a very inconsistent jumper. I think his game is very similar to Anderson's he's just slightly more athletic with a little better handle but not much. Anderson though has the superior defensive instincts.

If you want a strong wing for the Wolves I think OG is the better player and better prospect. I don't trust OG's shot or ball skills at all, but I'd take OG because his length and you know even with worse case you're going to get a defensive stud with OG. Bridges isn't a sure bet to be a stud defensively.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#4 » by Killboard » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:42 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I've said it before but he reminds of a slightly better version of Justin Anderson. Really strong under athletic 6'6 wing with a very inconsistent jumper. I think his game is very similar to Anderson's he's just slightly more athletic with a little better handle but not much. Anderson though has the superior defensive instincts.

If you want a strong wing for the Wolves I think OG is the better player and better prospect. I don't trust OG's shot or ball skills at all, but I'd take OG because his length and you know even with worse case you're going to get a defensive stud with OG. Bridges isn't a sure bet to be a stud defensively.

That are my thoughts at the moment. I would pick Anunoby for the exact same reason you said. His 7'6 wingspan is stupidly long and he can cover a lot of mistakes with that size. Really like him but Im doing some research on our pick range.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:08 pm

Killboard wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I've said it before but he reminds of a slightly better version of Justin Anderson. Really strong under athletic 6'6 wing with a very inconsistent jumper. I think his game is very similar to Anderson's he's just slightly more athletic with a little better handle but not much. Anderson though has the superior defensive instincts.

That are my thoughts at the moment. I would pick Anunoby for the exact same reason you said. His 7'6 wingspan is stupidly long and he can cover a lot of mistakes with that size. Really like him but Im doing some research on our pick range.

He's never been officially measured so I wouldn't buy the 7'6 wingspan thing. Kentucky fans were super hyped about Bam because it was said for awhile he had a 7'6 wingspan. It ended up being 7'1. Don't get me wrong I think OG has a really huge wingspan probably in the 7'2-7'3 area, I just don't buy the 7'6. But again that's just a measurement, the kid is a stud defender no matter what and is strong like an ox. Worse case you got another MKG I think.

I don't think Bridges will be near your guys pick especially if your season continues the way it's going. If you guys end up with say a top 3 pick I honestly don't know what you guys will do. A healthy Giles would've made sense but not now with the latest surgeries, he would be a reach. There is no other 4 really worth taking that high. I think one of the PGs would be great but I don't know if you guys are ever actually going to trade Rubio and you just took Dunn. Even though Dunn doesn't compare to these PGs.

I really have no clue what direction you guys are going to go in. I think if you guys start around a top 3 pick, best case is Giles comes back looking like his high school self and you guys take him. He fits next to KAT very well.

From a TWolves fan perspective, in your opinion what's your guys like two biggest needs?
Killboard
Analyst

Post#6 » by Killboard » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Killboard wrote:

He's never been officially measured so I wouldn't buy the 7'6 wingspan thing. Kentucky fans were super hyped about Bam because it was said for awhile he had a 7'6 wingspan. It ended up being 7'1. Don't get me wrong I think OG has a really huge wingspan probably in the 7'2-7'3 area, I just don't buy the 7'6. But again that's just a measurement, the kid is a stud defender no matter what and is strong like an ox. Worse case you got another MKG I think.

I don't think Bridges will be near your guys pick especially if your season continues the way it's going. If you guys end up with say a top 3 pick I honestly don't know what you guys will do. A healthy Giles would've made sense but not now with the latest surgeries, he would be a reach. There is no other 4 really worth taking that high. I think one of the PGs would be great but I don't know if you guys are ever actually going to trade Rubio and you just took Dunn. Even though Dunn doesn't compare to these PGs.

I really have no clue what direction you guys are going to go in. I think if you guys start around a top 3 pick, best case is Giles comes back looking like his high school self and you guys take him. He fits next to KAT very well.

From a TWolves fan perspective, in your opinion what's your guys like two biggest needs?

First all I think we will end picking in 5-10 range. The young talents are struggling at the beggining but I think eventually they will pick up what thibs wants. As well I think thibs will adjust to the current talent and maximize this roster potential. I think there will be teams outside of the playoffs which could have more interest than us in go full tank mode after February too.

Despite being a pg deep draft and how Ricky/dunn and his scoring struggles fit on our the gameplan I don't see thibs taking another PG.

Then are the defensive struggles, which I think are related to both Wiggins and Lavine playing better as SG. Isn't bad run both of them at the same time for stretches, but I think Wiggins lack of physicallity on the defensive end hurt us at SF. If you add the extension on Dieng and the lack of depth at the wing position this roster really needs a wing, specially if he can play as small ball PF and excel at the defensive end.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#7 » by jonjames » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:56 pm

paulbball wrote:Miles Bridges is the classic example of an hyper athletic tweener. He has the skillset of a 4, but the size of an undersized 3 or oversized 2. Fairly pedestrian wingspan to boot.

6'5" without shoes, 6'6" with shoes, measured in 2014, 2016. Did not appear to have grown.

I think his draft position is basically dependent on his workout. How well can he shoot at the end of the season, and how do teams forecast his ability to defend the wing position in the NBA. I don't see him breaking 8-9, and don't see him falling below 20 due to his athleticism.

Difficult to project players like him; the low skill, high athleticism type. I guess maturity, work ethic and team development will play a big part in his NBA career.

I don't buy the low skill level at all..he's way more skilled than say OG across the board besides defense and don't hear the knocks against him. He'll be a lottery pick between 8-14.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:15 pm

He's the Aaron Gordon of this draft. The guy that isn't quite top calibre and he has lots of mixed reviews.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#9 » by kennydorglas » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:20 pm

I love him.
His motor is just non-sense.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:31 pm

Tools are awesome, I think everyone's thinking in their head 'I would love to snatch this guy towards the end of the lottery'.

He's got a long way to go with skill development, though. Needs to work out his position and skill-set. If he does that he has a high ceiling as a player.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#11 » by CptCrunch » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:07 am

jonjames wrote:
paulbball wrote:Miles Bridges is the classic example of an hyper athletic tweener. He has the skillset of a 4, but the size of an undersized 3 or oversized 2. Fairly pedestrian wingspan to boot.

I don't buy the low skill level at all..he's way more skilled than say OG across the board besides defense and don't hear the knocks against him. He'll be a lottery pick between 8-14.

Yes, he is skilled compared to OG, but you wouldn't call him a skill based player. His offense is a work in progress. His calling card is his raw athleticism.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,769

Post#12 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:09 am

Tweener wings need to be good scorers or you end up with Shabazz Muhammad, Justin Anderson or PJ Tucker. Guys who can be in a rotation, but that's about all they are really worth.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."

Return to NBA Draft