Zach Collins

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Chuck Everett
General Manager
And1: 9,446

Re: Zach Collins 

Post#61 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:38 am

He will be a mediocre rim protector at best on the pro level. South Carolina has no centers on its roster. They are all 4's and below. He's good, but I doubt this guy is a starter at the pro level (at least on a good team).
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#62 » by Yunsen » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:48 am

A bit biased as a Gonzaga fan but I think he'd be better off staying another year in school. He had a fantastic game today, but his play over the year has been pretty spotty. He's a good shot blocker but he gets easily pushed around in the post. He commits a lot of dumb fouls a lot. Just last game against Xavier he fouled out in 13 minutes. His range is still unproven, although so was Sabonis' and his so far has been decent in the NBA. I can't remember where Sabonis was expected to go if he came out his freshman year but I think it was late first at best. If he thinks he can go in the lottery (or even top 20) I don't blame him declaring, but I think if he came back next year he could potentially go top 5.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#63 » by Chriscross » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:52 am

Wow what a beast of a game by Collins!
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,845

Post#64 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:18 am

I could not find this thread for nothing so started a new one. My bad, one of the mods will just have to merge them.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#65 » by GimmeDat » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:24 am

I'm hoping and praying for him to fall for the Bulls. Seemed realistic when we were at the end of the lottery, but now we're in the playoffs it might be a bit optimistic.

Great game from him today.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#66 » by Chriscross » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:35 am

MotownMadness wrote:I could not find this thread for nothing so started a new one. My bad, one of the mods will just have to merge them.

Sorry, didn't mean to override your thread with mine
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#67 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:39 am

Chriscross wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I could not find this thread for nothing so started a new one. My bad, one of the mods will just have to merge them.

Sorry, didn't mean to override your thread with mine

No I knew one existed but couldn't find it so that's cool. I'm the one who started a new one.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#68 » by doordoor123 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 2:40 am

If the Timberwolves land Collins they will wreck the league. Collins and Towns? Both can defend the wing and stretch the floor. Both can play in the post and both can defend inside. Collins rising hurts Markkanen's stock IMO.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#69 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Apr 2, 2017 5:33 am

Great game and impressive fundamentals for a college big but no in terms of top 10 or anything like that.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#70 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 2, 2017 7:31 am

doordoor123 wrote:If the Timberwolves land Collins they will wreck the league. Collins and Towns? Both can defend the wing and stretch the floor. Both can play in the post and both can defend inside. Collins rising hurts Markkanen's stock IMO.

I was actually going to say his game kinda reminded me of Towns. Even the speed at which he plays at. Obviously I'm not saying he will be anywhere near the player Towns is though.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#71 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 2, 2017 11:30 am

Collins even passed the ball yesterday a bit, which with strength are his main issues, he still can't make a play out of a shortroll but at least will gvie the ball back, his vision isnt bad, is just his technique and timing that aren't there, I believe he can improve on that.

He is a bit like Steven Adams meets Cody Zeller with a semblance of a jumpshot, that's a big time player, if he can add strength and maintain his agility he is going to be a starting C for 10+ years, he hasn't shown it in the Tnmt, but with a better spaced floor he is a great threat in the PnR, he plays almost always, unless he gets minutes with Tillie, next to a big that can't shoot, that doesn't help.

He is a legit top10 guy if he comes out, and by far the best big in the class, only other 2 I'd consider in the 1st are JAllen and Hartenstein and both are upside plays basically, Lauri ofc but he is going to play the PF most likely and he is more of a weapon and situational player I think, not your fulltime starter, still can bring value with that elite shooting.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#72 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 2, 2017 11:32 am

MotownMadness wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:If the Timberwolves land Collins they will wreck the league. Collins and Towns? Both can defend the wing and stretch the floor. Both can play in the post and both can defend inside. Collins rising hurts Markkanen's stock IMO.

I was actually going to say his game kinda reminded me of Towns. Even the speed at which he plays at. Obviously I'm not saying he will be anywhere near the player Towns is though.

doesnt pack nowhere near the weight Towns has and he doesnt have the ball skills or ability to drive
he is lighter on his feet than Towns is, Towns struggles with perimeter guys, can do it in a pinch but not fulltime.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#73 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 2, 2017 11:34 am

Yunsen wrote:A bit biased as a Gonzaga fan but I think he'd be better off staying another year in school.

How? he is going to improve his body faster in the NBA, same about dumb fouls and shooting and the class of bigs next year is much better, this year he is the best C off the board barring none by a wide margin and he likely goes late lotto, would be dumb to not declare.
BillyKingGM
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#74 » by BillyKingGM » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:10 pm

What do you guys think of Zach compared to Skal right now?
No-Man
RealGM

Post#75 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 2, 2017 2:53 pm

BillyKingGM wrote:What do you guys think of Zach compared to Skal right now?

Skal showed nothing in terms of IQ, toughness, floor game, that's where Collins excels, Skal has a better, more proved jumpshot, good timing for blocks like Collins, I guess they share the concerns about bulking up or getting to the right level strength-wise,but other than that I dont see it.

I doubt you can ever survive with Skal as your only big, Collins can potentially anchor a defense.
mojo13
Veteran
And1: 1,872

Post#76 » by mojo13 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 4:39 pm

Fischella wrote:
Yunsen wrote:A bit biased as a Gonzaga fan but I think he'd be better off staying another year in school.

How? he is going to improve his body faster in the NBA, same about dumb fouls and shooting and the class of bigs next year is much better, this year he is the best C off the board barring none by a wide margin and he likely goes late lotto, would be dumb to not declare.

He admitted he was biased.
Gonzaga fans are desperate for Collins to return and are looking for any reason to convince themselves that he might. The fantasies on the GU message boards are fun. You never know as he could surprise us (Gonzaga is a weird school that way, players love it there), but I'd bet heavily that he will declare.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#77 » by No-Man » Mon Apr 3, 2017 4:48 pm

mojo13 wrote:
Fischella wrote:

He admitted he was biased.
Gonzaga fans are desperate for Collins to return and are looking for any reason to convince themselves that he might. The fantasies on the GU message boards are fun. You never know as he could surprise us (Gonzaga is a weird school that way, players love it there), but I'd bet heavily that he will declare.

looking at his dad's twitter account and how he re-tweets everything related to his son's draft stock I'd be shocked if he comes back.

Tillie will, Melson, Perkins, JWilliams, also, you are still gonna have a strong team and you might've a championship after tonite, I had Gonzaga 1st since the pre-season and it has worked like a charm so far.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#78 » by TKainZero » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:48 am

Wrecked by the fouls tonight
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#79 » by 916fan » Tue Apr 4, 2017 4:03 am

TKainZero wrote:Wrecked by the fouls tonight

Yeah, by a few god-awful calls. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of Collins tonight. He's still a raw player, but I think he should declare for the NBA. Probably the best C prospect.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,760

Post#80 » by Upperclass » Tue Apr 4, 2017 4:11 am

he was wrecked by mark fews terrible sets and poor coaching

Return to NBA Draft