Predict the Risers and Sliders

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Re: Predict the Risers and Sliders 

Post#21 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:27 am

I think Hartenstein has the potential to go top 10 if he works out and interviews well. People are sleeping on him right now.

OG Anunoby's draft stock is all determined by his medical clearance. Could go either way.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#22 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 am

If Miles Bridges measures 6'7+ I think he could be the biggest mover up, possibly right after the top tier of 4-5 guys.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,520

Post#23 » by zzaj » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 pm

It will be interesting to see where Giles ends up after private workouts. He obviously doesn't look like the player he was in HS, and he'll never get back up to the draft place many had him at to begin the year, but if he works out really well he could make a pretty serious jump...

I feel like Mikal Bridges has a good chance of moving up a few spots once workouts begin as well.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#24 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm

zzaj wrote:It will be interesting to see where Giles ends up after private workouts. He obviously doesn't look like the player he was in HS, and he'll never get back up to the draft place many had him at to begin the year, but if he works out really well he could make a pretty serious jump...

I feel like Mikal Bridges has a good chance of moving up a few spots once workouts begin as well.

Ya think Mikal's coming out? I think he should stay a year and improve his stock. With Hart et al leaving, he should get a much bigger role in their offense, and adding muscle this offseason (which he needs to do) could really help him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,520

Post#25 » by zzaj » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Ruzious wrote:
zzaj wrote:It will be interesting to see where Giles ends up after private workouts. He obviously doesn't look like the player he was in HS, and he'll never get back up to the draft place many had him at to begin the year, but if he works out really well he could make a pretty serious jump...

Ya think Mikal's coming out? I think he should stay a year and improve his stock. With Hart et al leaving, he should get a much bigger role in their offense, and adding muscle this offseason (which he needs to do) could really help him.

Certainly if he's smart he won't declare...but yeah, I meant if he does decide to come out and goes through workouts. Once workouts begin I think there is a chance a team would gamble on his development after about pick 17.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#26 » by bondom34 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 pm

zzaj wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Certainly if he's smart he won't declare...but yeah, I meant if he does decide to come out and goes through workouts. Once workouts begin I think there is a chance a team would gamble on his development after about pick 17.

I really want OKC to take him if he declares, the more I look into him the more I like.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#27 » by jsa » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:04 pm

Well," rise and slide" is only in reference to mock drafts, since we can't see the NBA teams real big boards. Justin Jackson looks like Tayshaun Price deux to me, with 12-15 about right. That could be a rise or slide, depending on who has been predicting. Ball and Fox are very ball dominant, so team fit may be more of a factor than some others. Certain teams may not want a rookie ball dominant point guard if they see themselves in the near future trying to add many wins. The European/International players who get so few minutes are very tough to predict. Everybody wants Nowitski, but 98% of the time you get something very different. So both the mocks and the NBA team boards can be iffy. Josh Hart will most likely not be a star, and mocks have him 20-40.a huge swing, But he will very likely be an NBA off the bench contributor with a long career, so how is that valued? Smart teams , drafting later in round one seem to capture these type of players, supporting their already strong rosters.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#28 » by doordoor123 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:24 pm

Risers - Jonathan Motley, Justin Jackson, Caleb Swanigan, Jonathan Jeanne, Donovan Mitchell, Zach Collins, Harry Giles, PJ Dozier, George De Paula, Andrew Jones, Jordan Bell and Thomas Bryant.

I'll get back to this post with fallers and more in-depth reasons why I pick these guys.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 9, 2017 3:47 pm

Risers:
-Justin Patton
-Isiaah Hartenstein
-Donovan Mitchel

Sliders:
-Zack Collins
-Malik Monk
-Markannen
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#30 » by ALL HAIL » Sun Apr 9, 2017 10:08 pm

Frank Ntilikina will most definitely rise if he performs well in workouts. His mix of seven foot wingspan, athleticism, defense, and playmaking will be hard for teams to resist.

In my world, from my perspective, I can't think of a good reason for any team to take Lonzo Ball over him.

Return to NBA Draft