[Keith Smith] Fox climbing. Jackson slipping.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: [Keith Smith] Fox climbing. Jackson slipping. 

Post#121 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Chris76 wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:i can see why the Lakers are interested in Fox, if they plan on holding onto Russell. the two sort of balance each other. Jackson would also be a terrific pick for them. and, actually, this year's top end of the draft seems to have a lot of good options for just about everybody with a pick.

Fox is a good prospect, but most likely the Lakers are picking Ball. Jackson is the perfect pick for the sixers. Jackson, Simmons, and Embiid would be an extremely competitive group with 3 elite young athletes. Jackson can create his own highlights or be the finisher of Simmons' lobs. We can't trade down. Prospects like Jackson aren't in every draft.

Jackson isn't much different than Justise Winslow or MKG. Every draft there are guys like him that can't shoot and are vastly overrated.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#122 » by Chris76 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:19 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:i can see why the Lakers are interested in Fox, if they plan on holding onto Russell. the two sort of balance each other. Jackson would also be a terrific pick for them. and, actually, this year's top end of the draft seems to have a lot of good options for just about everybody with a pick.

Fox is a good prospect, but most likely the Lakers are picking Ball. Jackson is the perfect pick for the sixers. Jackson, Simmons, and Embiid would be an extremely competitive group with 3 elite young athletes. Jackson can create his own highlights or be the finisher of Simmons' lobs. We can't trade down. Prospects like Jackson aren't in every draft.

Jackson isn't much different than Justise Winslow or MKG. Every draft there are guys like him that can't shoot and are vastly overrated.

Does Winslow dunk like Dr J J. Jackson has more bounce and a better 1st step than them. We would be drafting him to be a 2nd or 3rd option on offense, and more for his Iggy like defense. His floor is very high and if his shot comes around, he should be very valuable.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#123 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:23 am

EvanZ wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#124 » by CptCrunch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Keith Smith intel is not worth the electricity my computer used to download the text tweet.

I've been calling Fopx the worst shooting lotto guard within the past half a decade.

5 for 12 or something. Not going to watch this abomination again to recount.

Read on Twitter
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#125 » by PLO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

So if he (Jackson) gets past the Suns how low can he go? If the Lakers go Lonzo he doesn't make too much sense for Boston if they keep the pick. The Kings look sold on Fox at 5. He could slide to the back half of the top 10? What's his floor?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#126 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 pm

A guy like Adebayo was shooting better from 3 in these workouts than Fox.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#127 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm

I am wondering who Fox compares to. I am zero percent sold on his shooting, but love his defensive potential. I don't see him ever becoming a great shooter, but don't think he will be as poor as Rondo. I say he has a ceiling of Rondo / Schroeder with shooting abilities falling between the two.
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#128 » by Chi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 am

I was hoping there was a page here about Fox so I could ask...

What is the difference between him and Kris Dunn? He's faster of course but anything else?

Why should I be excited over him when it seems like Dunn was said to have the same work ethic, heart etc.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#129 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 am

Chi wrote:I was hoping there was a page here about Fox so I could ask...

What is the difference between him and Kris Dunn? He's faster of course but anything else?

Why should I be excited over him when it seems like Dunn was said to have the same work ethic, heart etc.

He's two years younger, he's quicker, worse defender, he's thinner, more athletic and he has better scoring instincts. There's more room for growth with Fox. His defense is a little overrated, but he can get better. The fear with Fox is that he doesn't correct his shot and he's too thin for contact, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. He's one of the quickest guys I've seen coming out of college in a while. Dunn is more in the mold of Mike Conley IMO and Fox is more in the mold of John Wall. Dunn is the better passer and better defender, but Fox is explosive and attacks with his explosiveness.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#130 » by PLO » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:07 am

PLO wrote:So if he (Jackson) gets past the Suns how low can he go? If the Lakers go Lonzo he doesn't make too much sense for Boston if they keep the pick. The Kings look sold on Fox at 5. He could slide to the back half of the top 10? What's his floor?

Does anyone have any opinion on this? Seems Fox could go ahead of Jackson?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#131 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 am

Actually in terms of physical tools, Dunn blows fox out of the water, Dunn is taller, longer and way more strong with a very good frame. It is everything else, speed included, where Fox is/may be better.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#132 » by Chi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:35 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Chi wrote:I was hoping there was a page here about Fox so I could ask...

He's two years younger, he's quicker, worse defender, he's thinner, more athletic and he has better scoring instincts. There's more room for growth with Fox. His defense is a little overrated, but he can get better. The fear with Fox is that he doesn't correct his shot and he's too thin for contact, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. He's one of the quickest guys I've seen coming out of college in a while. Dunn is more in the mold of Mike Conley IMO and Fox is more in the mold of John Wall. Dunn is the better passer and better defender, but Fox is explosive and attacks with his explosiveness.

From everything I just read here... I think I'd rather have Dunn...
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#133 » by Upperclass » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:43 am

Fox is a far superior prospect than Dunn. His speed and agility give him a decisive edge. He's also a much more natural basketball player.. more instinctual. I think Dunn will be a more consistent defender over the course of his career.. But Fox will be a much more impactful point guard imo
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#134 » by rpa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:20 am

Besides being nearly 3 years younger than Dunn at the time of the draft, it should also be mentioned that Dunn was hot trash his first 2 years (of 4) in college. The guy had PERs of 12.4 and 6.4.

When you see a player play that bad and then step it up THAT much as a Junior/Senior you really need to ask yourself whether it was him getting better or him developing the body to dominate younger, smaller opponents. It wouldn't be the first time this happened.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#135 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:37 am

EvanZ wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

You are really underating Jackson, the kid is a lot more athletic than Winslow or MKG. Not to many players coming out are as athletic/explosive as Jackson Jackson is also more well rounded, he's got much better court vision, passing, and can get get to the basket a lot better. On defense he's a better off ball defender, can actually block a few shots also. Neither Winslow or MKG had the ceiling Jackson does. Also, the narrative that Jackson can't shoot is false, he shot 55/37 on the season. People just question his shot, mostly his release point.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#136 » by EvanZ » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:52 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

You are really underating Jackson, the kid is a lot more athletic than Winslow or MKG. Not to many players coming out are as athletic/explosive as Jackson Jackson is also more well rounded, he's got much better court vision, passing, and can get get to the basket a lot better. On defense he's a better off ball defender, can actually block a few shots also. Neither Winslow or MKG had the ceiling Jackson does. Also, the narrative that Jackson can't shoot is false, he shot 55/37 on the season. People just question his shot, mostly his release point.

Every year everyone is more athletic than the last guy who couldn't shoot. Tell me another one.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft