Nando De Colo and Melinko Tepic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,426

Nando De Colo and Melinko Tepic 

Post#1 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:49 am

Does anyone have any info, opinion, scouting reports or have seen either of these 2 guys play?

They are both rather intriguing prospects, 6'5 and 6'7 point guards respectively who play on pretty brandname Euro teams.

Most of the stuff I have found on these guys short of actual statistics is outdated by a year or more.

Are they both declaring this year?

Any info would be cool.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Re: Nando De Colo and Melinko Tepic 

Post#2 » by Alyosha12 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 am

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/p ... &pcode=LGH

Tepic's statistic in the Euroleague his team Partizan all but made it to the top 8 surprising everyone.
He has been a leader of his team this season but has been in a bit of a slump as of late due to fatigue no doubt of leading a team.
He can do a bit of everything he scores has a good shot rebounds and assists.
His avrage is somewhere around 11points 3.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
Which in the NBA would translate into something like 8.5 points 5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in 30minutes.
He is really a remarkable talent and shows excellent bball IQ and playes like a vet out there yet is only 21 years old.

And here are his stats in the NLB Adriatic League. A sort of domestic league between Slovenia Serbia Montenegro and Croatia, it is a top 5 league in europe.
Partizan(his team) is the number one team in this league with a 20-2 record infront of the second team with a record of 17-5..
His stats:

http://www.adriaticbasket.com/player.php?id=687
Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#3 » by Genjuro » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Milenko-Tepic-260/

I love Tepic for Europe. He probably doesn't have the athleticism and profile to fully translate his game into the NBA, lacking shooting as well. But he an amazing decision maker who can play multiple positions and a solid defender.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nando-De-Colo-5087/

Remarkable shooter and passer, nice slasher, fairly quick, big for a point guard, he struggles on defense and still shows a lot of inconsistency running the point, rushing plays, taking too many risks and failing to control the tempo of the game.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

So 1st off, do you guys think either will translate well to the NBA?

If so, or even if not, what players would you compare them to?

Is Kukoc a good comparison for Tepic?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Genjuro
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Genjuro » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:59 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:So 1st off, do you guys think either will translate well to the NBA?

Although I think Tepic is the safer bet in Europe, I think De Colo has more chances to translate his game to the NBA given that he has more of a defined position and a more consistent shooting touch.

I can't think of any accurate comparision right now. I'm not good at that.

Anyway, putting Kukoc in the same sentence with any other player is always painful to me. American fans don't realize this guy is likely the most talented baller to ever come out of Europe. An all-around player like few times we've ever seen. Unfortunately, he got too strong in the NBA, lost way too much quickness and Phil Jackson cut his wings in order to make him an effective role player for a championship team.

A guy like him would likely be a first pick in the draft nowadays.
Alyosha12
Analyst

Post#6 » by Alyosha12 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:So 1st off, do you guys think either will translate well to the NBA?

Yeah i agree with Genjuro on Tepic, and i don't really know De Colo.

He is a safer bet for the Euroleague, but could be a low risk high reward type of pick in the second round.
He would be very good in a controlled offense with a lot of set playes and p'n'r. He can play well off the ball and moves a lot but is not athletic.
I am also not good at comparisons but i know Kukoc is not a good one :P
Gun to my head though i would have to say Bodiroga would be a comparison. Not too athletic looks awkward and slow but is extremely smart, big for his position, gets the job done and makes the right play.
Though i suppose i didn't make it easy on you by choosing Bodiroga because you no doubt haven't seen much of him.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 pm

OK, when I said Kukoc I was more talking style of play, not level, but that is my fault.
Anyway, understandable, because most underrate him heavily.
Thanks for the info anyway and Alyosha12, you're right Bodiroga was a bad comparison, because I haven't seen him play at all, lol.
How bout a less athletic Shaun Livingston or maybe a poor man's Lamar Odom?
Maybe a Boris Diaw or Kirk Hinrich?
zauchary
Junior
And1: 28

Post#8 » by zauchary » Mon Mar 2, 2009 1:20 am

it's all about Sergio Llull in euro right now. he's got it all.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Mar 2, 2009 7:07 am

zauchary wrote:it's all about Sergio Llull in euro right now. he's got it all.

So I've heard, but I've also heard he won't be attempting to come over here for another year or 2.
Tupik
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#10 » by Tupik » Mon Mar 2, 2009 5:00 pm

De Colo was a very promising prospect and still is, but he didn't really confirm all the expectations this season. He basically has the same stats as last year, while his team isn't playing as good.

He might be a good prospect for the future, but I don't see him declaring in the draft anytime soon.
Genjuro
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Genjuro » Mon Mar 2, 2009 6:27 pm

Ratt wrote:He might be a good prospect for the future, but I don't see him declaring in the draft anytime soon.

I don't see him declaring either: he's automatically eligible (he's born in 1987).
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#12 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:43 pm

1. De Colo does not play for a good club in Europe at all.

2. Tepic is no Bodiroga

3. Serio Llul isn't that great either

IMHO I wouldn't hold my breath on any of these players.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#13 » by jman3134 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:48 pm

I sort of agree. From what I have seen of Tepic, he hasn't really been anything special. Against more physically imposing players in the NBA, I do not necessarily think that he can find success. Still, this is just my initial impression and I will try to watch more of him before becoming more confident in these thoughts.
Alyosha12
Analyst

Post#14 » by Alyosha12 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:53 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:OK, when I said Kukoc I was more talking style of play, not level, but that is my fault.
Anyway, understandable, because most underrate him heavily.
Thanks for the info anyway and Alyosha12, you're right Bodiroga was a bad comparison, because I haven't seen him play at all, lol.
How bout a less athletic Shaun Livingston or maybe a poor man's Lamar Odom?
Maybe a Boris Diaw or Kirk Hinrich?

You know what is funny i was actually thinking Livingston but he is not athletic so i thought naah.
But now that i think about it may be a less athletic and a smarter Livingston is what would be an OK comparison.

talkbasket wrote:1. De Colo does not play for a good club in Europe at all.

2. Tepic is no Bodiroga

You do know what a [b]comparison[/b] means don't you?

Return to NBA Draft