Flynn - Jennings Sacto Interview (BJ calls Rubio 'ALL HYPE')

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Re: Flynn - Jennings Sacto Interview (BJ calls Rubio 'ALL HYPE') 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Maybe he is just a 19 year old kid thrown into the spotlight prematurely....

I think that the move to overseas was a bad idea--college players normally seem more mature, Jennings acts like he didn't get coached and that it is the organization's fault that he didn't play well. I don't think he is ready for the NBA.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#22 » by brassviews » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:22 pm

I agree with what Jennings is saying about Rubio but I think it's coming from the wrong mouth. I think Jennings himself is likely to be a bust when all is said and done. He wasn't spectacular for Roma whatsoever regardless of how confident (arrogant) he is.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#23 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 pm

PopularByDemand wrote:I agree with what Jennings is saying about Rubio but I think it's coming from the wrong mouth. I think Jennings himself is likely to be a bust when all is said and done. He wasn't spectacular for Roma whatsoever regardless of how confident (arrogant) he is.

I don't get the "well, Jennings is one to talk" thing. He obviously doesn't think he'll be a bust and is letting scouts/GM's have a close look at what he's got (aside from skipping Treviso). I don't see how he's any less entitled to say what he said than anyone else.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#24 » by Mumbles » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Seems like most of the people who hate on Jennings do so because dude has swag. :lol: The on court criticisms are valid, but i'm talking about people who go out of their way to call him names like 'streeball trash'..that's just funny. Take a pre G-town Iverson and put him in today's euroleague, then use him as a two guard, I bet he stuggles. And again, Jennings plays one year in college and most would love him. Dude cracks me up, he's entertaining on and off the court. That was funny as hell when Flynn started laughing when they asked Brandon about Rubio.

Somebody forgot to tell Flynn that Jennings sucks, but I guess a couple real gmers know more about said prospect than the cat who just worked out against him. :D
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#25 » by Crimson King » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 pm

leo_83 wrote:
zar wrote:
CCIIIs Hair wrote:You know what's funny? during each of those videos, I never once heard Brandon say, "Ricky Rubio is all hype." He did say yes when a reporter asked if he thought Rubio was all hype, but that's completely different...

It is?

I remember Jennings wrote in his blog some months ago Rubio told him he was going to declare in 2010!!! Sure...

He didn't write only that..

As I already posted in the raps forum, he wrote also that on december 2008.

Now to what everyone wants to hear about, the game and the matchup with Ricky. Unfortunately Ricky only played about 8mins cause he’s still kind of hurt from a wrist injury he suffered in the Gold Medal game vs. Team USA, but in just 8mins he showed me a lot. I have a ton of respect for the dude. He’s real mature out there on the court, he has a great feel for the game. He passes the ball like crazy, reminds me of Steve Nash a little bit. Put it like this if he were in the class of 09 in high school basketball he would be the #1 player hands down. No question about it. I can only hope that when Ricky and I one day get to the NBA we can be like Chris Paul and Deron Williams, as our careers take off together like CP3 & D Will’s did. Despite what the critics say that he can’t shoot Ricky is going to be going a Great NBA player someday…he brings a complete game to the table.

What can I say? I think he has really changed his mind in the last months.

:D I'd say he changed his mind in the last week because it looks like his stock is dropping. But with this declarations he isn't doing himself a favor.
667Club
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#26 » by 667Club » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:51 pm

LOL @ Jennings. I think he is going to be a good "player" at least from a statistical standpoint but he has hurt himself many times already and he has not even been drafted yet. It looks like Marbury 2.0
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#27 » by Toxicity » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:14 am

:lol: @ rubio is "all hype", "i can shoot better than him", etc...

Jennings literally sucked this year in pro basketball while Rubio is playing good/great pro bb since he was 15... no comparison here. As potential, it's another story, but i doubt Jennings can put it all together (higher BUST risk).
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#28 » by Kyrama » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:33 am

He has all the wit and charm of a prostitute with fetal alcohol syndrome.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#29 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 am

Mumbles wrote:Seems like most of the people who hate on Jennings do so because dude has swag. :lol: The on court criticisms are valid, but i'm talking about people who go out of their way to call him names like 'streeball trash'..that's just funny. Take a pre G-town Iverson and put him in today's euroleague, then use him as a two guard, I bet he stuggles. And again, Jennings plays one year in college and most would love him. Dude cracks me up, he's entertaining on and off the court. That was funny as hell when Flynn started laughing when they asked Brandon about Rubio.

Somebody forgot to tell Flynn that Jennings sucks, but I guess a couple real gmers know more about said prospect than the cat who just worked out against him. :D

He's a soft, poor man's version of Iverson. His team only used him as a two guard the last 1/3 of the season. That was because during the first 2/3s of the season they used him as a point guard and he was awful and couldn't handle it. He was outplayed by the club's 3rd string point guard and eventually they moved him to backup two guard because of that.

You make it sound like they didn't even allow him to attempt to play point guard.
Mumbles
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by Mumbles » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:52 am

Hey! It's everyone's favorite euro head, talkbasket! :lol:

Well even you would be welcome in this thread because hating on Jennings has become quite the fad.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#31 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:54 am

Mumbles wrote:Hey! It's everyone's favorite euro head, talkbasket! :lol:

Well even you would be welcome in this thread because hating on Jennings has become quite the fad.

I never said I hated Jennings. I have said many good things about him and was even ruthlessly bashed and attacked in one thread for saying good things about him. You know the mods are complaining now about "words being twisted" I guess there is no hope anymore.

Jennings has a lot of talent and his athletic ability is off the charts. He also has very low basketball IQ, horrible shot selection, he can't keep good point guards in front of him on defense and he can't finish in the paint. Sorry if I am not "cool" to you because I can judge a guy based on his basketball ability and not other things that are not basketball related.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:23 am

This sounds like desperation from a player that's seemingly fallen down the rungs of the lotto. Sorry Brandon, you might be the 4th PG taken on draft night, deal with it kid.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#33 » by Joana » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:55 am

Haha, I couldn't think of a more ironic situation. Jennings, of all people, saying that Rubio, of all people, is all hype?
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#34 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:47 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Well, say what you will about Jennings, but he's right. Jennings has enough "hype" right now, that he could have chosen to not workout with anyone and still be a top 10 pick. How many guys like that would risk a top 10 pick selection and work out against two of the top PG's in the draft? Meanwhile, Rubio knows he a top 5 pick and refuses to work out against anyone.

Rubio has played vs a lineup consisting of Kidd, Paul, and Williams... and didn't look out of place at all. He have proven himself vs the best. Jennings hasn't proven jack squat and that is why he is trying to validate his top 10 status....
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#35 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 am

Granted I think Jennings is beyond stupid with his remarks, it is up to him to prove otherwise that he is indeed the better player. What does it say about you when you can't sniff any PT in the playoffs yet have the audacity to call another player all hype.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#36 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 am

Jennings to Philly, make it happen :)
morol
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#37 » by morol » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:53 am

That **** Jennings is saying about topping Rubio in workouts, all that "i shoot better than him" and "can't wait to play him" stuff... It shows why Jennings will be forgotten the day he finishes his career. It is a childish, backyard-basketball talking. I suppose he'll have more impressive stat lines than Rubio in SL games, but somehow, in some mysterious and (for Brandon) totally unexplainable way, Rubio's team will get more wins. And that's the way it'll go in the League, with Jennings filling his stats and Rubio filling his championship rings showcase.

He wouldn't be making such a fool of himself if he was Iverson-type or Arenas-type kind of talent, he still wouldn't get a ring but at least he'd get some recognition. But considering his stats from Italy, if Rubio is "all hype", then Jennings is all his big mouth and cheap talk with nothing to back it up.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Post#38 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:58 am

It reminded me one of his twitter messages which i read on the Knicks board.

"BJennings3: Most Important thing about the Draft/NBA, Get on a TEAM that fits your game and kill those 3yrs and GET THAT Big 2nd contract!

BJennings3: Perfect Example Of someone who didn't go Lottery but is finna get Paid!, RONDO!AARON BROOKS!"

And he wrote those nice things about Ricky a couple of months ago? Classy. :lol:
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#39 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:It reminded me one of his twitter messages which i read on the Knicks board.

"BJennings3: Most Important thing about the Draft/NBA, Get on a TEAM that fits your game and kill those 3yrs and GET THAT Big 2nd contract!

BJennings3: Perfect Example Of someone who didn't go Lottery but is finna get Paid!, RONDO!AARON BROOKS!"

And he wrote those nice things about Ricky a couple of months ago? Classy. :lol:

Now that's pathetic. [/defense of Brandon Jennings]
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Mumbles
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by Mumbles » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Workout recap, no video though, I'm sure a couple prospects are thankful of that. :)

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/so-who-won-the.html

And here is an interview from the 11th following the Warriors workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGfgFUXFto&feature=related

Here a reporter basically trys the same bait tactic and asks Jennings if he thinks he's better than Flynn & Holiday. Brandon is a little more humble in this interview, probably because he was actually going to work out against those good players. imo it just confirms that the Rubio comments were just some draft mode ish coming from an excited kid after a good workout.

Return to NBA Draft